HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andrew Luck is HYPE
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Andrew Luck is HYPE
Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:50AM

Suck for Luck? What a joke.

If you want the Dolphins to suck for Luck - YOU suck! You're a bad fan and a mental midget. This is the Miami Dolphins we're talking about- your team - my team - our team. I never ever want them to suck. The Dolphins have so many problems right now that no one guy like Andrew Luck is going to solve them. Success comes form within the organization. Heart, passion, knowledge, and execution. Success is all cylinders firing at once in unison. It faith. Dedication. Trust. Just look at the Pat's and the Steelers. Do you think they're successful because of one good player, or even 3 good players? No. It's the winning attitude and a little, dare I say, "luck". It's what I described above. If it were talent than the Jet's would be undefeated.The Jets rely too much on hype and it get's them nowhere, just ask Tebow. The Packers are talented, but they are also inspired, well oiled, working on the same page at one with the team. Because of this they are unstoppable. Just look at Miami’s last two games. See what our team can do when they put a little inspirational mustard behind their play? They win. Their backs where against the wall in KC and like a cornered ninja they ripped KC’s guts out. They carried that confidence into last week where they rose to the challenge and beat Washington. You can’t DRAFT that attitude. You certainly can’t draft success.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 05:06AM by gnrbaby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andrew Luck is HYPE
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:29AM

yeah, this hasn't been covered before in 1000 other threads

Date: November 20, 2011 05:31AM

But it hasn't been said like this before!

Date: November 20, 2011 05:33AM

no I think it has

Date: November 20, 2011 05:38AM

No, it has not, not by GNRBABY. Did you enjoy my post? What are your thoughts?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 20, 2011 06:25AM

Date: November 20, 2011 06:30AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah, this hasn't been covered before in 1000
> other threads

and stop being mad cause you were his #1 fan and have to take a bit of the coooolllddd reality...

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 20, 2011 06:43AM

I don't think he is all hype. Some of you guys on this board want him to fail because you can say I told you so. Luck will go #1 overall, and have a good NFL career. Will he be great, I don't think so but pretty good can win you champinships if you have the right pieces in place next to him. Saying he is all hype is not cool because he can clearly play. Now will he be the next Brady or manning hard to say. At this point my vote is no, but still he could surprise even me, and exceed all of are expectations.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 06:47AM

Berk- it was said many times to suck for Luck, so there should be no limit on those that are against it, right? People said suck for Luck a 1000 times and not to suck maybe a handful IMO..lol

Reppa- I question that you were the only guy who was against Suck for Luck in September. I would love to see where I didnt speak against it the entire time as well? I commend you and agree, but I dont think you were the only guy, who called it out either..

GNRbaby- I agree, never feel ashamed or embaarrased to support your team in cheering for success and calling out those who dont... I dont agree it is fair they are mentall midgets exactly, but IMO, more overly emotional burnt out fans, who got lost on the journey... There are alotof guys that I know care about the team. We all get lost on the journey sometimes...
But anytime you act in desperation, it normally is not such a good idea from my experience in life and SUck for Luck, was a desperate position with only a handful of games into the season... Hell Dolfan 1 was rooting for it before the season even started...lol

Date: November 20, 2011 07:09AM

Finshady Wrote:
> I don't think he is all hype. Some of you guys on
> this board want him to fail because you can say I
> told you so. Luck will go #1 overall, and have a
> good NFL career. Will he be great, I don't think
> so but pretty good can win you champinships if you
> have the right pieces in place next to him.
> Saying he is all hype is not cool because he can
> clearly play. Now will he be the next Brady or
> manning hard to say. At this point my vote is no,
> but still he could surprise even me, and exceed
> all of are expectations.

Sorry finshady but when you are billed as the best qb in the past 25 years, better than brady, brees, rogers, rivers, rothelisburger ect and it turns out that you may not even be the best qb in this years draft class. So is he hype? yes infact he is SERIOUSLY over hyped. Is luck good ofcourse, but so is like 75 other qb's in college. Luck was supposed to be great.

Crowder- was i the only one, nah, i agree there was a small, very very small handful that did not buy the hype. but the way i would get verbally pounded on this site for my position at that time- shoot, if I was not the only one it sure as hell felt that way lol...

Date: November 20, 2011 07:11AM

Date: November 20, 2011 07:29AM

The other problem I see, is that the great Peyton Manning only won 1 superbowl. That means what 13-14 other teams found another way to win a Superbowl without drafting a Qb 1 since. And many Qb's have been drafted one and only his brother holds a title like him from QB number 1 draft pick. The way everyone was talking about Luck, is that he would lead us to Superbowl immediately and dominate the entire NFL... That just isnt a realistic outlook or view.
I think Luck has as good of chance of many of the top Qb's drafted... But GNR is right that hype accurately describes what was going on.
Also the funny thing about the list that Reppa posted, Brady, Brees, Rogers, ROthelisburger, and even Rivers, they were all passed over for another Qb or ten when coming out of college....

Date: November 20, 2011 07:38AM

I'm sure Luck is good and has a chance at having a solid career. The Hype I'm referring to is the that wherever he goes he'll automatically make them a winner. It takes much more than that to make a winner. Just because you own a Les Paul doesn't make you a great guitarist. Just because you wear a Rolex doesn't mean you have class. Just because you own a globe it doesn't make you worldly. Ask Rex Ryan.

Date: November 20, 2011 08:27AM

oh man. luck was and is supposed to be the best qb prospect in a generation. that is the consensus of "experts"--basically everyone who does this for a living except phil simms--and I have heard no one of that ilk back off that just b/c luck had to "mortal" (not bad) games the past 2 weeks. now I know not everyone agrees with this and of course there is a chance luck won't be "all that" in the pros. but reppa and others who are patting themselves on back for some reason, lets see how this plays out before you congratulate yourself on predicting luck will be a bust/medicore in the nfl.

I wanted and still want us to take luck if we can. That is looking very unlikely so I am moving on---what is the point of harping on luck since we are not going to be getting him. as many have pointed out there are other excellent prosepcts this year---barkly, jones, griffin---that we have a good shot at. Just b/c I'd be happy to get a player other than luck, doesn't mean I think luck is no good and I'd prefer another QB

I am happy that "suck for luck" is now moot. It makes the season more enjoyable, especially since it looks like there are some excellent QB concellation prizes. And Matt Moore looks good--so at worst we have a great backup who can start if needed at the beginning next year, at best we would have some great trade chips in the future after we take our QB in the 1st.

Date: November 20, 2011 09:08AM

Berk- in my view, if you resign Henne, draft a young Qb, you are only setting up your team for great trade value and success. Letting Henne go would be foolish. We have alot invested in him and he was finally coming around...

Date: November 20, 2011 09:11AM

I agree with you crowder as long as you replace "moore" with "henne". moore is under contract, why would we give more $$ to henne when he's not as good as moore and neither should be viewed as the future?

Date: November 20, 2011 09:22AM

I think we pay Henne what we paid Moore this year and it is worth it, if someone wants to pay him Kolb money, like the Jets, it would be hard to do

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:05PM

Barkley and RGIII will be the best 2 QB's in this draft and go down as all-time greats...

Mark my words.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 20, 2011 03:24PM

who'd you rather have a and o, luck, barkley, or rg3

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:21PM

Tough question, but the more research and studying that I am doing of these three QB's, I may have to go like this:

1. Barkley
2. RGIII
3. Luck

I think Barkley and RGIII will be great and Luck will be really, really good.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 20, 2011 05:47PM

wow, I don't know about that. I think luck, barkley, rg3, but I'd be happy with any of them

Date: November 20, 2011 09:21PM

gnrbaby Wrote:
> No, it has not, not by GNRBABY. Did you enjoy my
> post? What are your thoughts?

I think this thread needs to be printed out so I can use it to wipe my ass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.