Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Robert Griffin III for heisman (ESPN 3 must see tv)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Robert Griffin III for heisman (ESPN 3 must see tv)
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:55PM

If you guys wanna see the future of NFL qb's i recommend that you watch this guy if you never heard of him. he is the qb from Baylor, they are playing oklahoma (landry jones). Griffins passing numbers are off the chart. He ranks top 3 in every passing catagory (passer rating, yards, passing TD's ect). he also has a rediculous 75% completion. he is a leathal passer and oh did i mention that he also has sub 4.5 speed!

he is in the Big 12 which has 7 of the top 25 teams in the nation. This division is absolutely LOADED. Griffin plays an A+ schedule, one of the toughest in the nation and he is still putting up rediculous numbers, while you know who out of stanford has a very very soft schedule that is ranked #91 out of 120 schools. Griffin vs Jones tomorrow on ESPN 3, if you can get it you should watch him.

If he beats oklahoma he WILL win the heisman... yall heard it first again from the reppa. Hopfully this time yall are ready to digest it rather than attack me like last time i brough this to you smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Robert Griffin III for heisman (ESPN 3 must see tv)
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:51PM

If he wins the Heisman then I wouldn't touch him...they are almost never any good in the pro's. I would however, understand if we took him and I'd hope that he was the exception to the rule. Just wouldn't count on it.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:03PM

can we take him in the 4th round? lol

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:36PM

I would definitely prefer Luck, but if we can't get him I would actually be alright with gambling on Griffin.

Date: November 18, 2011 07:36PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:21AM

Yeah the list off heisman QB's that turned out to be good is very short...Staubach and Plunkett (and he stunk at first), then a rather large step down to guys like Testaverde and Palmer. The jury's still out the recent group of guys, Neweton, Bradford and Tebow. (but initially they look promising)

That said Griffin wouldn't be my first choice but if he was what was left I wouldn't mind the Phins taking the gamble...I mean after all some heisman winning QB's are bound to be very good pro's...eventually.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 06:25AM

Every pick is a gamble, including Luck. That said Griffin III is now my second qb in this draft (after luck). 74% completion rate w/ a more yards per completion percentage that's higher than the other 3. That's big. Plus the kid is smart had an offfer from Stanford and both parents were U S Army sergants. The more I look at the kid the more I like. I ignored him the past years simply because he plays at Baylor.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 10:18AM

Luck and barkley are the top 2, if we fall to the third QB we will be choosing between Jones & Griffin

Date: November 19, 2011 10:44AM

there is a 66% chance our next QB is playing in this baylor okla game. I'll be watching

Date: November 19, 2011 10:59AM

We have to get Reppa to Post over on the Colts page........Maybe THEY will Listen.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:19PM

Huh what did you say TCPf?

Date: November 19, 2011 03:58PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have to get Reppa to Post over on the Colts
> page........Maybe THEY will Listen.

ha ha ha... thats funny.

Date: November 19, 2011 05:10PM

Date: November 19, 2011 05:19PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We have to get Reppa to Post over on the Colts
> > page........Maybe THEY will Listen.
>
>
> ha ha ha... thats funny. but really your boy luck is playing now on espn... since you are in love with him but never watched him play i would recommend you do so.

Date: November 19, 2011 05:32PM

barkley looks really good

Date: November 19, 2011 07:20PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> Miami Reppa Wrote:
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > We have to get Reppa to Post over on the
> Colts
> > > page........Maybe THEY will Listen.
> >
> >
> > ha ha ha... thats funny. but really your boy
> luck is playing now on espn... since you are in
> love with him but never watched him play i would
> recommend you do so.

Luck, Barkley , Jones , griffin III . 4 Top Picks, Odds are that at least 1 will be a High Quality NFL back, 1 Will fail and be out in 3 years, and the other 2 could go either way.

I believe Lucks leadership skills and passing ability will easily take him to the next level. You think differently , but time has shown players in the Mike vick Mold will get hurt and wear down becuase you can't run all the time in the NFL and survive for too long. Mobile is one thing but QB is a passing mans game.

My odds are on Luck and barkley to be on the Top of that 4 Top Picks. Jones or griffin will fail out. I have to admit , you have made some good points about Griffin and the harder division he plays in. So maybe Jones is the FAIL back. Griffin might not get the reads in the NFL and his athleticism can only get him so far.

But if Luck and Barkley are gone, Then we go griffinIII. You did make some good points and bring his draft stock up in my eyes. But Luck is still the man , hands down.

Date: November 19, 2011 07:38PM

well i am happy you are sticking to your guns man. But just because griffin is an incredible athlete with world class speed does not mean he cant pass. They just played the #5 team in the nation (oklahoma) big stage and griffin passes for 479 yards 4 td 0 int (and one of them was a 40 throw- game winner with 8 seconds left in the game)... um last time i checked those are bonafied passing numbers, and FYI he has over 300 more total passing yards on the year that both luck and barkley. So yes he can run but he is also one of the top 3 "PASSING" qb in the nation, oh by the way he just beat and outplayed landry jones head to head. im just saying.

Date: November 19, 2011 08:28PM

oh a few more points, dont know if you know but luck is also VERY mobile and athletic qb. And the scrambling qb of todays era that are NFL prospects in no way can be compared to vick. Vick coming out could not read defenses and averaged about 150 passing yards per game. Griffin is "AVERAGING" 350 yards per game... so on average Griffin throws 350 yards (6 of 11 games), just to put it into perspective andrew luck and Barkley this entire season has only 1 game a piece where either threw over 350 yards! thats out of an 11 game season, ouch...

Griffin is a better athlete and according to the numbers and the eye test yes a better passer, dont know why people assume just because you can run you cant pass...

Date: November 19, 2011 10:08PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> Griffin is a better athlete and according to the
> numbers and the eye test yes a better passer, dont
> know why people assume just because you can run
> you cant pass...

Its not that he can't , but when giving the chance to decide tucking and running will alwys be the preffered method once the heat is on.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:39AM

Reppa give it a rest Griffin your hero might not even go in the 1st round. I would not take him because QB's who run 1st when they get pressured don't last at the next level. Look at Vick this year, and his team of all stars. What exactly is their record? The GM will take a pro style QB over an athletic pro QB every day because those 1st guys are like Manning, and Brady The 2nd group are like Tebow, Vick and Newton you get the picture. Stop with the Griffin is going to win the heisman as I believe Luck has already won it. I have my doubts about all of the QB's coming out this year even Luck has shown he is human at times late in the season. But Griffin to lead my team sorry I'll pass, and so will alot of other teams my friend. Vick is going to cost Andy Reid his job this year, and I told everyone on this board that Vick would fall back down to earth after last year only to be called a racist, and a few other choice names. However I was right. Griffin is a nice college player that too me will not make it at the pro level, and I hope like hell that this franchise does not waste their 1st round pick on him.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:30AM

Griffin IS now my #3, behind Luck and Barkley. His mechanics aren't as good as the first 2, but I'd be happy if we took him anyway. Jones has an awkwardly long delivery and isn't as accurate as Griffin.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:02AM

Finshady,

Do you realize RGIII is not a run first QB?

I have officially figured you out, you hated on Cam and now hate on RGIII....

YOU ARE A RACIST!!! RACIST!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:03AM

RGIII was so awesome last night.

Barkley or RGIII would change this franchise. I hope and pray we get one of them.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 20, 2011 04:54AM

Aqua you are insane, and you need to stop attacking me personally. Griffin ran 18 times for 72 yards so what I say has some merit. You on the other hand don't like facts. A QB that runs 18 times in a game in the pro"s will get injured or killed like Michael Vick. For that reason I don't want Griffin or any other QB who can't stand in the pocket with constant pressure and complete passes without running 1st. It does not work in the pro game long term. What is the Bengals record with Andy Dalton? And what is the Panthers record with Scam, but wait Scam is going to change the QB position right? B. S. if you can't stay in the pocket, and complete passes like Marino, Brady Manning you are not in my Opinion worthy of being selected in any round of football much less the 1st round. By the way it's funny how you can call me a racist when my family has historic roots that date back to Africa. You better watch who you call a racist because you might be one yourself son.

Date: November 20, 2011 04:59AM

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:36AM

I like the way Griffin throws the deep ball, and he's always looking deep down field. You can see he's just dying to bomb it every play.

I just hope he's capable of adjusting his game to what the defense is willing to give him. Also, can he throw the touch passes like a fade into the endzone or float it in between the LB/CB and safety?

Date: November 20, 2011 06:35AM

You have your opinion, and I have mine. I wouldn't take either this year because If Manning is on the trading block I would take him if healthy to play fo this franchise for 5 plus years. I know he is older than most starting QB's, but damn how much has he meant to the Colts since he joined them, and what is their record this year since he hasn't played a single down. Give me the known quantity if healthy over some kid coming out of college. Yes even Andrew Luck who will be a good pro not to sure if he is going to be great though. With Manning you know how great he already has been, and he will continue to be great as long as he plays the game injury free. So there give me Manning in a trade, and I'll take my chances.

Date: November 20, 2011 06:47AM

I just watched the video highlight of Griffin, and yes he is better than when I saw him play againgst Oklahoma State. Will he go in the 1st round probably. Here is my prediction Griffin goes to the Seattle Seahawks with whatever pick they have. Griffin is clearly an upgarade over either Tavaris Jackson or Charlie Whitehurst. Will see if my prediction comes true.

Date: November 20, 2011 06:49AM

i feel your point... my frustration is that if a qb can run he is taboo and that is rediculous. This whole concept of having to stand tall in the pocket and never running in my opinion is constructed by people who dont have athleticism. Mcnabb wanted to prove he can be a pocket passer and he hurt the eagles chances of winning a superbowl in 2006. You ask any defensive coordinator in the league and they would much rather play a pocket passer cause you dont have to worry about him rolling out and throwing or running when a play breaks. And you keep saying run first, the man threw for nearly 500 yards!!! and i keep telling you that he is one of the top 3 passer in the nation! just his arm.

When you look at tebow in the league now that is a run first qb. One game he threw only 5 passes! i never heard of that. In todays era of the qb there is no such thing as a run first qb, just try to push that out of your head. The only teams i know in college that are truly a run first offense is georgia tech and army, and maybe the ducks, that is only 3 out of 120 schools. This run first qb thing does not exist in today era of football

Date: November 20, 2011 06:54AM

Are you a racist i dont know but the stigma of the black qb being only a runner unable to throw has an element of racism to it. Why is it when a guy like steve young and fran tarkenten scramble they are considered dynamic and great? And even a guy like arron rogers everytime i see him he is moving in the pocket and rolling out, throwing on the run and he is considered right now the best in the game. He has a younger brother plays for vanderbilt who scrambles and is very mobile but funny he is also considered dynamic even though right now he cant throw very well...

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.