HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill vs Carolina
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehill vs Carolina
Posted by: woulf ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:30AM

Just focused on Tannehill and not the dismal overall performance of the team I think there was good and bad.

The first drive is the one where I think Tannehill looked awful. He looked like a nervous rookie, two incompletes that I thought were his fault. The only bright side was that he didn't panic and throw passes that could have been intercepted.

The second drive Tannehill looked good to me. He got put in a bad spot by rushing play and then made a good touch completion to Bush for 9 and he should have had a 1st down when Fasano dropped the ball. TE aren't supposed to have great hands, but this was one he should have caught. I don't see how you knock Tannehill on this drive. He did enough to get it done.

The third drive was our good drive, the drive that gives me hope for the team. All short good passes, I didn't see any that I thought were high risk for interception and he got pounded a few times. The defense was beating our O-line.

That was the last drive against the Panthers 1st team defense, some of the defense was already gone, but most were first string.

Our defense looked so bad that it made it look like the whole team was doing awful, but I think the pass offense looked ok at that point. Tannehill, to me looked good for a rookie. The first drive was the only one that I felt like he sucked on. He was getting a lot of plays called with his number. You'd hope that the rushing game was helping a little, but it wasn't.

The part of the game that I thought Tannehill blew was in the 2nd quarter vs the 2nd team defense. He got sacked twice and the ball knocked down twice. I wouldn't have said he was awful, but I was hoping that he'd be able to do more against the 2nd team.

For a rookie I'd give Tannehill a B, but for a starter I'd give him a C-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill vs Carolina
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:36AM

QUOTE: The part of the game that I thought Tannehill blew was in the 2nd quarter vs the 2nd team defense. He got sacked twice and the ball knocked down twice. I wouldn't have said he was awful, but I was hoping that he'd be able to do more against the 2nd team.

The OL didnt give him 2 seconds to throw the football. It reminded me of when culpepper was here. The OL wouldnt give him 2 seconds.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:42AM

There is always an excuse... It couldn't have just been on Tannehill not playing well, it is everybody else.... That is how a lot of people on this board like to roll...deflect and zero accountability... They can't even admit to reality when it smacks them in the face.... Reality Tannehill didn't play well last night and that is on Tannehill more then anyone else.... He didn't play well against the first team with major injuries to the defense or against the second team... But I am sure that will not stop the excuses overload by many.....lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 18, 2012 04:47AM

quote: There is always an excuse... It couldn't have just been on Tannehill not playing well,

Not when the OL is getting pushed back and you have less than 2 seconds to deliver the football.

I admit tannehill did not play well but it had a lot to do with the OLs play.

Date: August 18, 2012 04:57AM

and 2 of the incompletions was one to fasano and the other one to bush who didnt held on to the passes...Fasanos pass was perfectly thrown...would had gone for a first down but he tried to run before he had the ball and the ball hit him perfectly right in his hands.

I did hear when i was coming from one of my daughters house on the radio that bushs pass was low...

This kid tannehill has a lot of upside he is accurate when given time.

Just surround him with a great OL and receivers and a running game a we will talk then.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 18, 2012 05:11AM

I agree with crowder, tannehill did not look good AT ALL lol... I watched him at A&M and i thought we should wait until next year to get a qb since i liked that crop better. Anyway I was not against the pick since I actually like tannehill. However watching him today I am losing confidence...

Yes his line was not great but I thought he was more athletic than he shown. When the line broke down he could not get away. He looks slower than I expected, i guess the NFL is just much faster than college.

and samsam, um everyone looks accurate when given time, even tebow lol... I want to see him under pressure that is when you know what you got.

Date: August 18, 2012 05:55AM

miami reppa wrote : and samsam, um everyone looks accurate when given time, even tebow lol... I want to see him under pressure that is when you know what you got.

Yup give him more than a second and a half and then we will see how good he is.

PS> THE OL STINKS.

Posted by: woulf ()
Date: August 18, 2012 06:11AM

Tannehill didn't make any of the big mistakes rookies are known for, he showed some touch and he did drive for a touchdown. He wasn't awful. like people are saying.

If I had to say there was problems on the Team he'd be near the bottom of the list behind the CB, OLine, RB, WR, TE and the DLine.

Date: August 18, 2012 06:19AM

woulf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tannehill didn't make any of the big mistakes
> rookies are known for, he showed some touch and he
> did drive for a touchdown. He wasn't awful. like
> people are saying.
>
> If I had to say there was problems on the Team
> he'd be near the bottom of the list behind the CB,
> OLine, RB, WR, TE and the DLine.

Agreed.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 18, 2012 08:24AM

But you know what was the funniest thing of all? Last week AGAINST TAMPA BAY, our first string offense fared worst than our second string offense with Moore starting and Tannehill playing second. Therefore, Moore looked worst than Tannehill.

This week, AGAINST CAROLINA, our first string offense fared worst AGAIN than our second string offense with Tannehill starting and Moore playing with the second string offense.

POINT?

Maybe it's our whole first string offense that sucks and our second string offense that is better.

IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE.

When Dan Marino took over from David Woodley, he brought his whole bench receiving corps with him which included the magic markers.

Maybe, we just ought to junk all the starters except maybe Long and go with all the new guys EXCEPT MAYBE JONATHAN MARTIN?

Maybe?

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 18, 2012 08:58AM

woulf Wrote:
>
> The third drive was our good drive, the drive that
> gives me hope for the team.

That is when Carolina put in its second team defenders while we kept the first string offense.

Nothing but a mirage.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 20, 2012 04:20AM

Does anyone notice Legadu Naanee in games? Probably not because he disappears. He has caught 1 pass for 12 yards in two games. Who cares how good you practice if you choke in the game? He needs to get benched in favor of someone else.

Speaking of choking?....

and in the words of Dan Campbell...."Friggin Egnew!"

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 20, 2012 06:39AM

and we have been "waiting for next year" to get a QB for 12 years. I'm glad we FINALLY took one. Who else at number 8 would have changed our outlook more than a QB?

Luke Kuechly, Quinton Coples, Melvin Ingrim? Even if they do end up being better, none can play QB.

It's still a little early to write Tannehill off.

Beside 2013 is goin got be just like last year and the year before and...

We will pick too low to land the top QB.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 20, 2012 11:59AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 24, 2012 02:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> "Waiting for next year," I disagree with whoever
> suggested that. On one of the threads someone
> even posted "Suck for Barkley."
>
> The only team that did draft top quarterbacks in
> close proximity and did not get burned was San
> Diego with first Brees then Rivers.
>
> ......................and they still, in the final
> analysis, traded away a SuperBowl QB.

I have seen some posters here who are still clamoring for Barkley next year. First off, Miami won't be in position for the first pick; second, unless Tanney really sucks it up through the year, he is Miami's QB. From what I have seen, thusfar, Ryan will do just fine and will be the Fins' QB for years to come.

Date: August 24, 2012 04:07PM

Right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.