HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This may be ugly
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This may be ugly
Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 12:38AM

Offensive line atrocious.
Defense ABSOLUTELY complete trash and no excuses about a couple of subs we gave up 17 points in the first quarter.
QB we are in trouble if Matty is best we have Tanny is not ready.
WR make the above mentioned spots look good probably the worst WR corp in the league.
Bottom line we are worse than the field goal fist pump era and that is sad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 12:53AM by Fin fan24.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This may be ugly
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 18, 2012 02:23AM

It's going to be difficult, I imagine, for Coach Philbin to make cuts. He still doesn't really know, based on the last two preseason games, what talent exists on the team. Who does he keep? And why?

Of the WR corp, no one is a stand out. Not a one. I'm excluding Bess and Hartline at this point, based on past performance. Everyone else looks like they are being introduced to football for the first time.

Defensively, the 2nd team linebackers and 1st team secondary are an embarrassment. Again, they look like they are being introduced to football. This can't be attributable to a 4-3 defensive scheme. Oh no, another "deer in the headlights" season. I have to wonder about football IQ.

Based on what I've seen thus far, it will take a half season, just like last year, for things to begin to come together. We can pretty much write-off September and October.

Re: This may be ugly
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 03:18AM

Last year we had a good running game, but this year we needed to improve the right side of the o-line, add a WR, and upgrade the QB position. On defense we needed a lot of help in the secondary, and maybe a LB or pass rusher.

What did they do to fix the issues? If Tannehill gets better, then the QB position is improved. The right side of the o-line was replaced, but still stinks. The new zone-blocking scheme of the o-line has killed our running game; too many times the runner was tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. The passing game is a (questionable) work-in-progress. On defense, they added CB Marshall who is an upgrade, but we needed more than one competent DB. Two games have been played, and QB pressure is nowhere to be found. I think that our passing defense is worse than last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.