Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who's the better QB, Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Who's the better QB, Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 01:08PM

Poll
Who's the better Qb?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
8 votes were received.
Matt Schaub 3

38%
Matt Ryan 5

62%

I have been looking back at Qb's and teams decision regarding them, from the Rams releasing Warner for him to go on to a Superbowl with Arizona. TO Vicks success in Philly last year. To the Giants choice of choosing Eli Manning over Phillip Rivers, and Rivers being the much better Qb but Eli having the ring Rivers doesnt... TO finally the subject matter at hand, Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan. SO much has been made about the Dolphins making the retrospective decision of drafting long over Ryan, and how smart Atlanta was for drafting Ryan, by the way for some reason I hear nothing about the Rams choosing Chris Long over Matt Ryan..lol, but anyways back to the topic at hand. Do you think it was a smart move for the Atlanta Falcons to trade away Matt Schaub, a franchised Qb, and to then spend the third overall pick on a QB who to this point hasnt shown to be any better in my book then Schaub. I mean couldnt the Falcons have done better by keeping Schaub and investing in another player with the 3rd overall pick to help Schaub, or traded that 3rd overall pick for something greater to help compliment Schaub... Obviously the Falcons didnt see it in Schaub and saw it in Ryan instead, and paid a price... What makes a Qb successful and what made the Falcons not see it in Schaub?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's the better QB, Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 01:19PM

uh, the falcons drafted mike vick with the first overall pick and didn't need shaub. they traded him for a few second round picks. pretty simple.
you are assuming that at the time, they knew that 5 years later vick would be in jail and they'd need another QB, and have to spend the #3 overall on Ryan. I guess your better point would be Vick vs Shaub.

I know there is a point in there you are trying to make about the dolphins---hopefully it's not let's take a QB in the 3d round (where shaub went) and pass on a qb in the first next year. if so then you are really a glutton for punishment with this team and you just want more of the same crap year after year.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:41PM

The Falcons Traded Schaub in 2007, then drafted Matt Ryan in 2008. I understand the Vick impact...

Date: October 14, 2011 01:47PM

I concurr on PF2's analysis of success among first rd Qb's as compared to others, although i believe his analysis probably translates across the board for all positions for obvious reasons... Although I believe in the sure thing curse as well, and believe evidence and statistic would support the position to the contrary of PF2's analysis if you applied that same analysis of 1st overall drafts picks over the last 15 or 20 years. More success then failure, so that means your odds would be below 50 percent. That means you are banking your franchise future and cash on a signifigantly less then 50 percent shot at best, that scares me...

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 03:54AM

Matt Ryan is better.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 17, 2011 06:12AM

Matt Ryan.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 17, 2011 06:13AM

Matt Ryan is 26. Matt Schaub is 30....pretty sure I would take Matt Ryan. This is too easy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:56AM

Who cares???

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:24AM

They're pretty even. Neither one has ever won a play-off game.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.