HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Could Dolphin fans do this?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Could Dolphin fans do this?
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 16, 2011 09:35PM

Poll
Would you root for the Pats or Jets to win the superbowl if it meant keeping the perfect season record to ourselves?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
9 votes were received.
Yes it's the record this franchise is most proud of 7

78%
No it's going to get broke eventually so go NFC team ! 2

22%

You can use any NFC team any year but for example this year..

What if G.B went undefeated and is one superbowl win away from Dolphin fans not being able to say they are the only franchise with a perfect season but representing the AFC is either the Pats or Jets.

Would you root for the Pats or Jets to keep the 72 Dolphins as the only team to have a perfect season or would you not mind sharing the honor with G.B. and have Shula and co put away the champagne glasses forever.

I personally root for the record to stay Miami's every single year and was relieved as hell when the Giants came back and prevented the Pats from sharing it with us..whew!

So I ugh vote yes for the sake of the record.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could Dolphin fans do this?
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 02:37AM

It wouldn't be so bad if another team won it all at 17-0, but with the current 16 game season they would be 19-0 and technically would top Miami's 17-0 record.

As a long-time Dolphin fan (since 1970), I have no choice but to live in the Glory Days of the past, since this team has been mediocre at best for years now. It was sad seeing Marino's records broken (a major cause of that was due to rule changes favoring today's QBs and offenses), so the only "bragging rights" left are Shula's wins and the Perfect Season. Yes, things continually change, and records are eventually broken, but it would be easier to swallow if the Fins would once again become an elite team with the potential of setting new records.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:03AM

Could Dolphins fans do this?

Stick their tounge out and touch their nose? I think so.
State the value of pie to the 100 decimal place? In this information age, probably.
Remember what it was like to be a fan of a relevent team in January? I do not think so.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:09AM

The memory of what it was to be a proud Dolphin fan is fading fast for me. I remember a time when I could look at the standings anytime in winter and see those phins on top year after year. Nowadays , I'm contemplating de-registering my Dolphins license plate, and giving away all my gear to goodwill. sad smiley

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:24AM

What a meaningful comment--

"...it would be easier to swallow if the Fins would once again become an elite team with the potential of setting new records."

I would love to see a successor coach to Don Shula post victories matching or nearly matching his sucess. The Dolphins would then replace the Patriots at the top of the division more often than not, have control over the Bills and Jets, and likely be an AFC front runner for a likely SB team.

Restore the Glory! Count me in 100%

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:27AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> State the value of pie....

Well that depends. Is it apple? Blueberry? Rhubarb?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:50AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could Dolphins fans do this?
>
> Stick their tounge out and touch their nose? I
> think so.

Not me....My tongue is small.....my wife says its usefull though...

Maybe that guy from the group KISS......that guy probably can touch his forhead with that big@SS tongue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.