HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Biggest Concern?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Biggest Concern?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:07PM

Although our offense continues to sputter in the red zone impotency and running game without Thomas is a concern, if you look at the games, IMO the D is the biggest concern. We were supposed to be top 10, or so we thought

Brady torched us, we couldn't stop Houston, leave vincent Jackson wide open????

We also have to look on the bright side that we have probably played 3 of the top offenses in the NFL, but can't come up with any defensive or special teams plays. No excuse for the Cleveland Loss.

Where has Wake been? Odrick? Dansby? No pass rush spells trouble for any secondary.

Need to accumulate a lot of picks or have success in FA, but that is hard when no one wants to play for you, .........unless you get the coach that can lure them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biggest Concern?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:15PM

When watching other teams perform, it is quite clear to me that there is more talent and better team play on them.

Some QBs are heavily protected by their O-line. Seconds tick off giving the QB time to see the field and make good throws.

On Defense, some of the lineman actually make plays. They push, close gaps and tackle.

The Dolphins D linemen get pushed around on running plays and thwarted on passing plays. The don't get their arms and hands up. They are out of sync with what's going on.

Is it the lack of talent or lack of team play caused by lousy coaching?

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:25PM

Remember. They are still getting paid the big bucks regardless. It's all about the cash

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:30PM

With the new offense needing time to come together, it was important for the D to carry us early on. They have failed miserably. I think the most disturbing aspect is how bad they are against the run. With the three highest paid defenders being at NT and ILB, that shouldn't be happening.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 02, 2011 05:46PM

Yeremiah Bell had 14 solo tackles in the game today. Dansby had 4 solo tackles and 1 assist. Kevin Burnett had 1 tackle and 2 assists.

You know your inside linebackers are not doing their jobs when theur tackles and assists combined don't even come close to the strong safety's.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 02, 2011 05:50PM

a couple thoughts:

1) Bell is slowing down a step and is making tackles instead of deflecting/intercepting passes. And he is making tackles in the secondary not in the box. Not good for him or us.

2)Resad Jones. HOLY CRAP!!!! why is he starting? I don't care who the 3rd guy is...put him in! Jones is a liability.

3) Burnett sucks! I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. They double teamed Soliai to his right, and Burnett tried to squeeze in on the right and got cauhgt up. Meanwhile the hole created on the left was wide enough to drive a Hummer through.

4) Dansby is invisible. Don't know if he sucks or is being keyed on? If the other guys stepped up and played like NFL players...maybe he could make plays? dunno...but so far...why is he making so much coin?

5) Soliai needs to be on the field more often. They use him on 1st and 2nd down, then he comes off, and they convert on 3rd down. Again...why did we franchise tag him if we are going to pull him off the field on 3rd downs? let him make plays. Let him pass rush.

6) Jason Taylor is too old and slow to beat any LT's to the outside, and he lacks the quickness to double move. he can collect a coverage sack here and there...but he should not be starting.

7) our blitz packages SUCK!!!!!! when was the last time we blitzed and sacked the QB? gettin tired of watching other teams do it and us not.

Ugh@!!!

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:10PM

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:36PM

WhyTF is JT even on this team?!!
What other dumb-@$$ team would rehire a player they've already cut twice,
bringing him back older and 2 steps slower?!! And then start him?!!!

Another brutal, head-scratching FA move by Ireland!!

Times up!! He's gotta go!!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 02, 2011 09:06PM

My biggest concern is that this team will win four games and not get the #1 draft pick.

Just watching these guys makes me want to vomit. I feel sick watching this crap. This is worse than 2007.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:05AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WhyTF is JT even on this team?!!
> What other dumb-@$$ team would rehire a player
> they've already cut twice,
> bringing him back older and 2 steps slower?!! And
> then start him?!!!
>
> Another brutal, head-scratching FA move by
> Ireland!!
>
> Times up!! He's gotta go!!

I thought we *traded* him the first time (to the Skins). Then got him back anyway.

He's only started one game this year (this past one) but you definitely have a point. He has only three tackles on the year and they were all in the same game (Houston)

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:56AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> My biggest concern is that this team will win four
> games and not get the #1 draft pick.
>
> Just watching these guys makes me want to vomit.
> I feel sick watching this crap. This is worse
> than 2007.

I will go bizerk if we win a game this year and spoil our chances at getting Luck.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 03, 2011 05:43AM

JT was a great player. Today he is simply average. His desire is there, I believe, but the body is tiring because of age. For 37, he's in great shape, however, he's not as quick, not as flexible, and his experience and smarts are not enough to overcome these deficiencies. He certainly can be an inspiration on the practice field and the locker room, but his inability, to make good things happen on game day reduces his leadership and mentoring role, IMO.

My guess is that he will call it quits after this dismal season. #99 will get his wish and retire as a Dolphin--a good thing.

We should all take a moment and applaud him when it happens and then move on.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 03, 2011 05:51AM

JT is doing everything he can to assure we get the #1 pick in the draft. So, go JT!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 03, 2011 10:14AM

socalphin Wrote:
> WhyTF is JT even on this team?!!
> What other dumb-@$$ team would rehire a player
> they've already cut twice,
> bringing him back older and 2 steps slower?!! And
> then start him?!!!
>
> Another brutal, head-scratching FA move by
> Ireland!!
>
> Times up!! He's gotta go!!

Agreed. Lots of dumb moves....JT is done....

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 03, 2011 11:10AM

Our biggest concern...is that no one on the defense knows how to tackle.

I have an idea, the only time you are allowed to dance your silly dance is when you actually make a tackle on the last play of the game and we actually win the game. No other time to dance your silly dance.

Same thing for the offense. No time for you silly dances, unless it is the last play of the game and we actually win the game.

Stick that in your million dollar cigar and smoke it, Mr. World Class Athletes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.