HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Players say they respect the coach
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Players say they respect the coach
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 26, 2011 01:52PM

but in reality they don't because if they did then why do they continuously fail him at the beginning, middle, and especially the end of games. Sparano does not miss tackles blow assignments, fumble, drop passes in the end zone get the QB killed by not blocking I could go on but won't. The Brown's have to go 80 yards in 3.30, and our defense makes it look as if they're scrimmaging with stupid penalties and no pressure on their little jerk ass QB. Bottom line is what can Sparano do when grown freaking men won't do their jobs in crunch time? I feel sorry for the man good person bad motivator, and soon to be unemployed coach. Thanks to his sorry ass group of players who won't or can't perform when the game is on the line. He made an example out of Benny Sapp for giving up the 99 yard TD to Welker. What else can he do? He is too old to play. Finish the season go find another Job in the league, and watch this franchise get dismantled. In the back of his mind he has to be thinking that once he's fired, and the pressure is off the next coach will do no better because this franchise has become accustomed to mediocrtity, and LOSING. Bottom line no matter how good your players are if they don't play as a team, and finish games than all the talent in the world won't matter. Are the Bill's more talented than us hell no, but are they playing hard for Gailey what do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Players say they respect the coach
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 26, 2011 02:14PM

Sparano has made his bed over the last 3 years. I don't feel sorry for him.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 02:46PM

Its the organization that is the problem, not the coach. You can get whatever coach you want, until they turn around how this organization does business and runs nothing will change... That is the sad truth. If I was a player I wouldnt put my career or neck on the line for Ireland or Ross.... And I know if I do give it all and get a major injury they will probably just cut me at the first available oppurtunity... We are an organization lead by Ross, a clown, down to Ireland, a guy who routinely is made out to be harsh, and vicious... I think Sparano is not neccassarily the problem...

Date: September 26, 2011 05:43PM

I respect your opinion so it is more about self preservation than performing on the football field.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:46PM

if they respected the coach they would not be going on and on after losses about how crappy they practice. how a team practices is 100% on the coach and everyone knows it---this is code for "our coaches suck"

Posted by: RAZORZ_EDGE ()
Date: September 26, 2011 06:41PM

I agree! you couldnt have said it better. They (Phins) play with no urgency no intestinal fortitude not giving 110% its blatant!!!!! Your right, on paper we have a more solid team than the Bills. But they are playing with heart and not giving up when it gets tough.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 26, 2011 09:18PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:35AM

JJ was even too tough at times. I remember one year there were like 13 players who had to have surgeries because of injuries. LOL

JJ was one tough MF.

Maybe thats why he won a superbowl.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:43AM

The players "like" Sparano's practice routine more than they respect him. He's an overall likable guy who let's them practice in that air conditioned bubble.

Instead of liking him, they should fear him.

Date: September 27, 2011 04:45AM

the players "liked" Wanny too. That should be a MAJOR red flag to this organization.

Date: September 27, 2011 04:45AM

You practice like you play in games was what ALL the great coaches say and said. So if we are not practicing well than why should we play well? I have made too many excuses for this team that I have lost count over the years too the point of nauseum trying to expalain the failures. I have come to this conclusion. Until you instill a work ethic devoted to greatness, and excellance you will continue to see what we have seen over the last several years. I don't think it will ever happen because the players play in paradise, and football for most of them is the last thing on their minds when the come to sunny South Beach. If the wanted to win bad enough, we would of already won at least 2 of our 1st 3 games.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 10:02AM by Finshady.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:51AM

The title of this thread should had read: QUOTE: Players (((hypocritically if thats a word)))say they respect the coach

Date: September 27, 2011 05:02AM

FIrst off the air condition bubble is done because a majority of our training, takes place during the rainy season, and use to minimize our practices compared to other teams, becasue of rain outs... last year Ricky said Sparano practiced them to hard, so he tried to lighten up and now he is blamed for sloppy pratcies...come on guys... Sparano is damned if you do or damned if you dont... They like Sparano becasue he cares and is straight forward. Unlike others in this organization... most of the players resentment is Ireland not Sparano... They think Ross and Ireland is the problem not Sparano. But guess what, you take shots at your owners or GM, you find yourself cut....

Date: September 27, 2011 05:22AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The title of this thread should had read: QUOTE:
> Players (((hypocritically if thats a word)))say
> they respect the coach

"Players" say they "respect" the "coach"

Date: September 27, 2011 06:31AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> FIrst off the air condition bubble is done because
> a majority of our training, takes place during the
> rainy season, and use to minimize our practices
> compared to other teams, becasue of rain outs...

Yeah. How's that working out for us?

Isn't it funny how Shula's teams SOMEHOW managed to get some practices in, despite the Paradise climate in South Florida?

> last year Ricky said Sparano practiced them to
> hard, so he tried to lighten up and now he is
> blamed for sloppy pratcies...come on guys...

That is true. but he obviously went too far in the 'softie' direction.

Date: September 27, 2011 07:53AM

JC Wrote:
>
> Isn't it funny how Shula's teams SOMEHOW managed
> to get some practices in, despite the Paradise
> climate in South Florida?

SHula operated in a non unionized Player association with no free agency, so to speak or CBA like today....very very very different time then the rules of todays CBA. If SHula wanted three a days starting at 5 am and going to 11pm, he got them, rain or shine... Try that today, and you would be banished from the NFLPA participation and league for that matter

>
>
> > last year Ricky said Sparano practiced them to
> > hard, so he tried to lighten up and now he is
> > blamed for sloppy pratcies...come on guys...
>
> That is true. but he obviously went too far in
> the 'softie' direction.

The CBA made every teams practices soft, our just didnt handled the extra freedom and lack of practice so well. The CBA forced Sparano into being a softie

Date: September 27, 2011 08:21AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> The CBA forced Sparano into
> being a softie

I wasn't aware of their Gestapo tactics. How have 29, or so, other teams manage to get out of it?

Date: September 27, 2011 08:39AM

montequi Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The CBA forced Sparano into
> > being a softie
>
> I wasn't aware of their Gestapo tactics. How have
> 29, or so, other teams manage to get out of it?

Every team is built different, more veterans teams and more established players or plyaers that have been in systems much longer or lots of veterans leadership, has helped other teams fair much better then others after this whacked offseason and new cba to boot... Look at the Atlanta Falcons, they are 1-2 at this point and last year they only lost 4 games all year... Should they fire the coach, now, is it all on him? Lets try and use our brains around here instead of simplistic minded bashing of our coaches, becasue that is the easiest answer and path of least resistence.. We have changed many coaches around here and not much has changed.. SO I cam gonna call bullsh*t on always blaming the coach.. It is just to easy...

Date: September 27, 2011 08:50AM

You need to realize that those of us criticizing the coach are not doing it just because we're losing, we're criticizing because:

1. HOW we've lost - These weren't blowouts by much more talented teams, these were close losses by teams we were evenly matched with, and this continues from LAST YEAR!!

2. Lack of team discipline - we're losing games with stupid penalties and bad execution. After seeing this with Wanny and Cam, us fans KNOW what is going on.

3. Lack of confidence of the coach and team - It's quite obvious that Sparano has lost control of this club. His clueless comments week to week are too reminiscent of Wanny and Cam. The guy has NO ANSWERS (those were HIS words!!).

Let's get real. Once Ross started pursuing Harbaugh, Sparano's fate was sealed. The WORST thing Ross could have done was bring Tony back. Now we have a lame-duck coach trying to run a team that doesn't respect him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 08:52AM by montequi.

Date: September 27, 2011 09:02AM

what montequi said.

I have been a big defender of Sparano over the years, and I still really like the guy a lot. But it just isn't working, for reasons already cited.

Date: September 27, 2011 09:13AM

Right, and I heard the exact same thing about Henne from just about everyone on this site, until he started playing much better this year. Secondly, I like Sparano becasue he has showed me ability to adjust and correct problems, he just hasnt been able to put them all together at once yet, well neither did Belichick when he was at Cleveland..I am sure they wished they hadnt fired him quick into his HC tenure? You have to be patient with these guys. And Sparano had the worst ranked defense 2 years ago, he brought in Nolan and he flourished in his first year, jumping head of 25 teams or so, in one year. THen last year our offense was horrid, He has improved the offense and Henne, under him. The guy is getting it done, this years, has just been a bad start for lots of reason that have been detrimental to the team short term goals. Firing Sparano just puts our Franchise back another 4 years, and I think that is foolish, and what has help lead to our demise as a franchise in the first place that kind of simple minded logic. We need consistency, so lets fire everyone, that sounds like reckless, logic. The teams that do well, stick it out with their coaches IMO and choose to fix problems, rather then go nuclear.. SOrry if that type of logic is to far out of reach at this point due to emotional damage to us fans casue by the team. But not thinking clearly at this point is the worst thing you can do in time of crisis, and yes 0-3 is a crisis to any football team in the NFL.

Date: September 27, 2011 10:13AM

Sparano was going to be fired, and Henne was on his way out as the starter so if were 0-3 who do you blame for not making changes? I think Ross balked at spending all the extra money what screwed us was the lock out that effectively ruined our chances to change this franchise. Tony and these players better turn this crap around or else we the fans we be forced to under go another rebuilding project. At this point I don't want to go through that any more my interset are starting to lie with other teams that don't have to rebuild every few years. I will still watch the phins, and they will always be my favorite team, but they have competition now like the Packers for one. Why does that franchise do things so much better than we do? How could you not like Aaron Rogers and that offense reminds me of Marino in his hey day does it not?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 02:46PM by Finshady.

Date: September 27, 2011 11:14AM

Finshady-I just think we have a young GM, a first time coach, a first time owner with only a couple years under their belt. And some times that takes times, just like with a QB or team, sometimes it takes time, to iron out all the wrinkles, get all of the cylinders firing at once. We have showed that every cylinder has the ability to fire, but unless those cylnders are in synch, the engine dont run properly. I understand the dissappointment, in the team, i have it myself. But I think the fans lack of patients with the team would only be worse with a new coach and the team, coaches and systems would all start from scratch and systems, no thanks. I dont want that long haul. I understand their is a good chance Tony will lose the job, based on his record this year, but it is way to early, to throw it away. As I said before i would trade Sean SMith and whatever neccesary to get a good Mike LB, ASAP.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 27, 2011 11:37AM

A guy whose screen name is Crowder52 is defending Tony Sparano. I think that about sums it up.

Date: September 27, 2011 11:48AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> A guy whose screen name is Crowder52 is defending
> Tony Sparano. I think that about sums it up.

So says the guy whose screen name pays homage to Ray Lucas and Jay Fiedler!

grinning smiley

(ducks)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 11:48AM by JC.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 27, 2011 01:26PM

JC Wrote:
> (R/J)ay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A guy whose screen name is Crowder52 is
> defending
> > Tony Sparano. I think that about sums it up.
>
>
> So says the guy whose screen name pays homage to
> Ray Lucas and Jay Fiedler!
>
> grinning smiley
>
> (ducks)

It's not really paying homage to them. smiling smiley

Date: September 27, 2011 04:10PM

R/Jay- I dont get the joke or correlation between my screen name and bringing up valid points about this organization and Sparano. If my screenname says it all or answer the question, I surely wish I did or it did.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:17PM

And to add to the list you made, Montequi, most of all, bizarre strategy on the part of both the offensive and defensive game situations from calling that timeout in a prior game after trying to get the other team offsides to not trying your best to go up by 10 and finishing Cleveland off but instead trying to go up by 6 and trying to run 5 minutes off the clock while in good field goal range for our kicker.

Date: September 27, 2011 06:34PM

Yep. Clock management and play calling at the end of games is, by far, Sparano's biggest weakness.

Date: September 27, 2011 06:56PM

crowder, on the whole would you say this regeim has made more good decision or bad?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.