HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New England is just the better team.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New England is just the better team.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:12AM

Just realize new england is the better team folks.

NE is going to make many teams look terrible. they are one of the best teams in the NFL if not the best. Yes as much as i hate to say this. Its true. they are up there with the best.

I think we wil get better on defense as the season progresses.

What do you expect we had no pass rush almost the entire game. That NE rookie tackle took cameron wake to school.

It was almost incredible to be down just by just 7 points at halftime after new england dominated the first 2 quarters....Oh and the last 2 quarters as well.

We will be ok. We come out swinging on sunday and beat the texans.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New England is just the better team.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:14AM

New England IS a better team, but their defense is still suspect. If they run up against an offense that can keep up with them (Green Bay, New Orleans), they're going to have a tough time.

Date: September 13, 2011 04:16AM

BTW............The New England OL coach has to be the best OL coach in the NFL.

Every year they have injuries....And whoever they put in there in the trenches works out for them.

They must have the best trainers or i dont know WTF.

Date: September 13, 2011 04:19AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New England IS a better team, but their defense is
> still suspect. If they run up against an offense
> that can keep up with them (Green Bay, New
> Orleans), they're going to have a tough time.

We'll see. I have a feeling NE defense is not as bad as people say they are.

BTW i hope green bay and new orleans can keep up with them. I hate to think Ne is going to go deep in the playoffs again!

Date: September 13, 2011 04:19AM

How nice it must be to have a great O-Line coach, huh?

Date: September 13, 2011 04:25AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How nice it must be to have a great O-Line coach,
> huh?

Yes........Henne got harrased the entire night and brady had like 8 seconds at times to throw the ball. What is that.

IMO henne did well for what he has playing in front of him. Other than jake long the rest of the OL stinks the hell out man.....Whats his name incognito...WTF is that bro.......STINKS to high heavens.

Im surprised to see henne pass for as many yards without a running game. Because bush was a none factor.

Seriously i believe if you give henne a great OL running game and ((((((( receivers at least like what we have...... Receivers only)))))he will be just fine. He has the tools and a cannon for an arm.

Fasano had a pretty good game as well.

EDIT....in fact....i go out on a limb and say if brady was playing for the phins and henne was playing for the pats last night......the pats still win the game......Brady just has better weapons and better talent around him.

Do you think i went too far saying that?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 04:31AM by samsam3738.

Date: September 13, 2011 04:27AM

I think Incognito's main issue was being out-of-sync with Long. He hadn't played next to him all preseason.

On the other hand, as usual, we had no push in the middle. The middle of our line is still as soft as tissue paper.

Date: September 13, 2011 04:29AM

montequi i edited the last post and added more....what do you think...?

Date: September 13, 2011 05:21AM

I agree. I'm starting to think if Henne had an O-Line like Brady, we'd be talking Pro-bowl.

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: September 13, 2011 06:00AM

Its the right hand side of the "0"line thats the problem,by week 4 Long,Incognito and Pouncey will be fine but we swing it all around just to accomodate Marc Colombo,who is at the end of his career.But hes another Ex Cowboy that we seem as though we "have" to fit in along the line,just like Mcquistan and Berger last year,even though they were duff.Brian Waters was available.....where did he end up?oh yes ..the Pats.

This latest front office doesnt seem to want recognised,veteran players with experience to give..they want either old Cowboys or 3rd stringers with no upside.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 06:02AM

they came into the game with issues on the oline so they went no huddle to help them out.

good coaching and good gameplans make up for deficiencies like that. our dline was spent by the end of the first half.

we've tried this defensive approach against ne in the past and it has never worked. you have to disguise your fronts and send pressure from different areas. so what if you get beat deep. to me it's better than giving up 10-15 play drives.

Date: September 13, 2011 06:03AM

We really have no identity on the O-Line. In the past we signed vets to big contracts (Smiley, Grove) and those guys did well WHEN THEY WERE HEALTHY. So, we also go young with draft picks..but we Murphy, Thomas, and Jerry are busts. Now we're looking at castoffs...and I have no idea why. Do we REALLY think a castoff like Columbo will be better than a proven vet like Waters??!!! I think we're gunshy and have no idea what to do about the O-Line personnel. Personally, I think we need to work a trade and give up some of that depth on the D-Line for a good RG and/or RT.

Date: September 13, 2011 06:06AM

I wonder if we would have done better to not blitz as much and play a zone D instead. Maybe we could have baited Brady into 1 or 2 more Ints?? Maybe...maybe not. I know that doesn't usually work against NE, but what we were doing last night didn't work either.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:36AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:12AM

Yeah, Incognito sucked last night. Bad.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:22AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:25AM

That goal line blitz was ridiculous. I was yelling please don't bliz!...but they did and Brady made us pay AGAIN.

DUMB DUMB CALL BY NOLAN.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 06:49PM

phinsfan,

good point. you have to invest heavily in the oline, especially at LT or RT, LG, and C. You need two quality tackles and two quality interior guys. RG is kinda of a throw in. I was also one of those calling for a top LG signing. I am hoping for some commitment in the off season to the Oline and DB's.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:17PM

YEAH...HE WAS "INCOGNITO" AS AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN LAST NIGHT...LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:45AM

OL - the 2nd most important unit on an NFL team.

For comparison's sake, our OL features:
Long #1 overall
Incognito 3rd round STL
Pouncey 1st round
Carey 1st round
Colombo 1st round CHI

I will concede that none of the Pats' OL are "1st rounders who washed out with their last team", but it's not like we haven't invested in high-round pick talent. Incognito, I think I remember, would have been drafted higher if not for temper/character problems, so we could have had a line that featured all 1st round picks or 4 1s and a 2.

I think NE relative success isn't necessarily that much more up-front investment as it is:
1 - being NE in the league...getting away with more than they should
2 - great system for OL to look good
3 - QB with insane command of the game...know when to get rid of it, where he can check down to, etc.
4 - pretty good continuity over the years
5 - probably great coaching, though I don't know who their OL coach is

Date: September 14, 2011 05:47AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 05:49AM by montequi.

Date: September 14, 2011 05:48AM

COACHING!!! It's just as well we didn't get Brian Waters. He would have sucked on our team anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.