HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bursting the Bubble
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bursting the Bubble
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 14, 2011 03:20AM

Writer Mike Berardino's commentary about the Dolphins' practice bubble was interesting. Statistically since the bubble was erected for Saban's team, Dolphin losses at home have steadily increased. The gist of the story is that the Dolphins have gotten soft. Practicing in a controlled environment, they have lost their edge competing in Florida heat and humidity. He theorizes that it should be closed and practice run outside in the elements.

I never realized this change. Duh! Berardino has an excellent point.

Soldiers don't train indoors. They train in the elements. That's were they fight. That's were it matters. Makes good sense to me for the Dolphins to practice outdoors where they play opponents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bursting the Bubble
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2011 04:25AM

Agree 1000%.

The bubble should be only used for practices during lightning hazards (assuming it is properly lightening-rodded) or maybe some super secret covert walk-throughs that would be out of view from Bellichick's satellite that he finances through the Russian and/or Chinese government.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:57AM

i thought they only practiced in there in the rain, where otherwise they'd have no practice at all? if that's the case I am not buying it as an excuse. if they practice in there to get away from the heat when they could otherwise be outside, then I agree it could be a cause. still no excuse for the pats to be in better shape than us

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:59AM

I say the fans get together, sneak into the Dolphins facility at night, and pop that bubble.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:11AM

the legacy of nick saban continues to infect this team

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:12AM

I think sucky coaching and questionable personnel uncommitted to WINNING have a LOT to do with losing at home. But that’s just a theory.

Duh bubble is Saban’s legacy and we all know what a POS sleaze he was.

Tear it down. Now!

BNF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.