HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brace for a True Rebuilding Year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brace for a True Rebuilding Year
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:14AM

I know some have had high hopes for this season, but I don't see it.

With Garrad's injury and 85's pending legal issues, this team's offense will be at a loss for playmakers. Reggie Bush looks good, but we can't hand off to an undersized back every play.

Between the loss of significant offensive firepower, and a first string defense that looked as though it couldn't stop a cardboard box against Tampa, I'm seeing a lot of victories this year.

This should work out well for everyone's favorite top ten reach. He will see some action late season, and there will be no expectations that he leads us to the post-season.

Still, I think its time to reconsider any post-season fantasies this year. It just ain't gonna happen.

Time to start considering next years draft. Who should we suck for in 2013?

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brace for a True Rebuilding Year
Posted by: BobT ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:59AM

I have to chime in here. I read this forum pretty much daily this time of the year, and I've been watching Dolphins football since 1977. While it may indeed be true that this team may not contend, I refuse to see why the sky is falling after 1 preseason game.
I have seen posts from the above poster, and I really don't understand why this guy (I guess) seems to revel in grinding every poster's face in the gloom. If you are a Dolphins fan, you have a funny way of showing it. Just about every post is negative to the point of showing glee in Miami's failure. If you are not a Dolphins fan, maybe you should go to a place where you can make others happy in your Dolphins negativity.
I will probably just watch from the sidelines as you post on my utter stupidity or something else similar. As for me, I will keep on reading the forum, and probably ignore any post with your name attached to it.

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:20PM

King you remind me of a previous poster here by the name of Dolfan1. No matter where we were as an organization he always brought a gloom and doom mentality with his posts. King I will respect your opinion but I ask that you would eliminate this negativity in your posts and try to bring an more optimistic/realistic point of view instead of bashing our team.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:22PM

dolfan1 couldn't string 2 words together. dk can at least express a coherent thought

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:26PM

I was just referring to the negativity.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:45PM

Yeah the Bills always used to finish 0-4 during the preseaon, and still make the playoffs every year. I am tired of you bashing this team as well. Go find another board to annoy someone elese's fans will you. A ture Dolphin's fan does not say that crap after 1 meaningless preason game unless he is NOT ONE. Which you are clearly not, and will never be.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:52PM

I think the biggest factor into whether we have a shot this year or not is our defense. If the defense can be top 5, we will have a chance, if they are mediocre or worse, we are in for a rebuilding year...
I think the offense will be better then most think, I just worry like DK, if the fundamental problems of making dumb mistakes at the wrong time are going to continue to haunt the offense.. I am optimistic that the offensive line will play well, and reggie bush will play well. THe fast quick passes should enable us to gain yards on offense. I have zero confidence we have solved any red zone issues that have plagued us...
But at the end of the day, the defense needs to step up, our LB, and secondary, the Dline will be fine... as long as they can continue to contain the run..... I am not ready to call it a rebuilding year until and if the defense lets us down...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 12, 2012 03:19PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dolfan1 couldn't string 2 words together. dk can
> at least express a coherent thought

So could Lots of Aholes throughout History. Doesn't make them right.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 12, 2012 03:50PM

I, personally, can't say one way or another where our team is going this year.

New coaching staff; new offensive and defensive philosophy; no #1 QB, as yet; starting WRs haven't been named; a few defensive players playing out of position; new weapons on offense that coaches haven't figured out how to use, as yet.

We have to give these guys time; one preseason game doesn't say anything. The Colts killed the Bears -- what does that mean? Nothing!

Let's let our guys play a few more games before we say what they will or won't be/do.

Date: August 12, 2012 04:34PM

BobT Wrote:
> I have to chime in here. I read this forum pretty
> much daily this time of the year, and I've been
> watching Dolphins football since 1977. While it
> may indeed be true that this team may not contend,
> I refuse to see why the sky is falling after 1
> preseason game.

Its not one preseason game. Its the loss of a starting QB, the loss of the prospective #1 WR, and the young and inexperienced roster.

Tons of changes, and the team looks ugly right now.

This is lining up to be a very rough season.

> I have seen posts from the above poster, and I
> really don't understand why this guy (I guess)
> seems to revel in grinding every poster's face in
> the gloom. If you are a Dolphins fan, you have a
> funny way of showing it. Just about every post is
> negative to the point of showing glee in Miami's
> failure.

Glee? Seriously? Please give one example of a "gleeful" post.

If you read glee, then you've bought into the same garbage that others have been spewing about me and my posts.

> If you are not a Dolphins fan, maybe you
> should go to a place where you can make others
> happy in your Dolphins negativity.

eye rolling smiley I'm a Dolphins fan. Sorry, not leaving - unless The Truth can succeed in getting me "banished".

> I will probably just watch from the sidelines as
> you post on my utter stupidity or something else
> similar.

Since you haven't started with some personal attack, I'm not going to post on your "utter stupidity". Obviously your incorrect reading of my posts as gleeful indicates that you have been influenced by some of the BS others have said.

> As for me, I will keep on reading the
> forum, and probably ignore any post with your name
> attached to it.

This is fine with me. Better than following up every one of my posts with flames.

Date: August 12, 2012 04:36PM

Dolfan1976 Wrote:
> I was just referring to the negativity.

Negativity? This is reality. This team is not very good.

If you want something positive, I'll say that I think by the middle of next year this team will be competing for the division. This year? We will be "suck for <name your college player>" by week 10.

Date: August 12, 2012 04:41PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I think the biggest factor into whether we have a
> shot this year or not is our defense. If the
> defense can be top 5, we will have a chance, if
> they are mediocre or worse, we are in for a
> rebuilding year...

I do not think our secondary is very good. The front four looks OK, but the secondary, not so much.

> I think the offense will be better then most
> think, I just worry like DK, if the fundamental
> problems of making dumb mistakes at the wrong time
> are going to continue to haunt the offense.. I am
> optimistic that the offensive line will play well,
> and reggie bush will play well. THe fast quick
> passes should enable us to gain yards on offense.
> I have zero confidence we have solved any red zone
> issues that have plagued us...

I think the offensive concept is sound. I'm not sure the overall strategy of no huddle will work long term - though I think this may be more about conditioning and getting the team to be cleaner in no-huddle drills.

But this is a new system, it will take a half a season for the team to settle in, and -frankly- the talent isn't there in a lot of spots.

I'm quite concerned about our guard play.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 12, 2012 04:56PM

DolfanKing Wrote:

>
> eye rolling smiley I'm a Dolphins fan. Sorry, not leaving -
> unless The Truth can succeed in getting me
> "banished".
>

You are delusional.

And you whine incessantly. eye rolling smiley

The fact that posters who rarely ever post are showing up to tell you to give it a rest really ought to tell you something. But you won't care.

Like them...I'm tired of your 1 act show. I've seen it before with MikeO and Dolphan1.

I don't have to try to get you banned. You are going to take care of that all on your own. Sooner or later curt will pull the plug on you the same way he did on them just to keep longtime posters from checking out after a decade or more on this site.

And don't get all weepy about me stalking your posts again...I'm not wasting another keystroke on you.

(god, i really love that "hide messages from this user" feature)...thumbs up

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: August 12, 2012 05:06PM

Well, if this is a rebuilding year... then we've started in the right direction. This is how I would do it if I were GM/Coach and this is what the dolphins have done.

1. Franchise QB (We have that)
2. Offensive Line (Think back to 3 years ago... line is def. better now.. and have 3 young studs in Long, Pouncey and Martin)
3. RB committee (we're working on it, I would say its young and solid, but not great. Reggie Bush turned a lot of heads and I love the guy we got from the Hurricanes.)
4. Defense Line
5. LBs
6. DBs to complete the defensive overhaul
7. WRs and TEs for the offense. Seems to me at this day and age, that a franchise QB can make WRs and TEs look great.. so in my opinion, these guys are plug and chug.... don't get me wrong, we need talent here. In my opinion, WR is our weakest position (along with Safeties) but its not as important as the O-line. A team can improve its WRs in just one off-season of focus.

Our Defense is a bit confusing. We played poorly early on last season, and then got a lot better towards the end of the year. We have a new philosophy and scheme this year, so it'll take some getting used to. I actually like the players that we have, except for at Safety. I think we need big help at Safety, but I like our D-Line, LBs and CBs...

Go PHins!

$uper$tar!
thoughts?

Date: August 12, 2012 05:55PM

kelreign Wrote:
> Well, if this is a rebuilding year... then we've
> started in the right direction. This is how I
> would do it if I were GM/Coach and this is what
> the dolphins have done.
>
> 1. Franchise QB (We have that)
> 2. Offensive Line (Think back to 3 years ago...
> line is def. better now.. and have 3 young studs
> in Long, Pouncey and Martin)
> 3. RB committee (we're working on it, I would say
> its young and solid, but not great. Reggie Bush
> turned a lot of heads and I love the guy we got
> from the Hurricanes.)
> 4. Defense Line
> 5. LBs
> 6. DBs to complete the defensive overhaul
> 7. WRs and TEs for the offense. Seems to me at
> this day and age, that a franchise QB can make WRs
> and TEs look great.. so in my opinion, these guys
> are plug and chug.... don't get me wrong, we need
> talent here. In my opinion, WR is our weakest
> position (along with Safeties) but its not as
> important as the O-line. A team can improve its
> WRs in just one off-season of focus.
>
> Our Defense is a bit confusing. We played poorly
> early on last season, and then got a lot better
> towards the end of the year. We have a new
> philosophy and scheme this year, so it'll take
> some getting used to. I actually like the players
> that we have, except for at Safety. I think we
> need big help at Safety, but I like our D-Line,
> LBs and CBs...
>
> Go PHins!
>
> $uper$tar!
> thoughts?

I think there is a lot TBD here.

I like the coaching staff.

If the coaching staff and FO can ignore the hoards long enough for Tannehill to develop, I think I'd agree about the franchise QB. But, particularly with Garrard out, the FO may be tempted to pressure the coaches to play RT just to sell a few more tickets. If that happens, we won't have a franchise QB.

I'm still worried about the guard position. And where will Jake Long be when his contract is up?

The defensive backfield looks like a mess, and I really don't know what to expect of the OLBs.

WR? Are you kidding me?

Reggie Bush is the best player on this team right now. But he's getting old for an RB, and this his last year on contract. I'm not sure Thomas will answer the mail as a starter, and so we are now waiting for another RB to step up.

Other than that, we need a TE.

But I agree, the franchise QB is a start.

Date: August 12, 2012 06:04PM

THE Truth Wrote:
>
>
> You are delusional.
>

Why is it that every response you make is a personal insult? You are a classic troll, following around every post looking for a fight.

I could care less what you think. I mean, you think I have multiple identities and an "agenda", right?

You are completely detached from reality here. So really, what does it matter to me if you think I'm delusional? Your statement is laughable.

BTW, the idea that this is a rebuilding year - food for thought, huh? Oh wait, you need to call me delusional. That is WAY more important than the football team.

You are a tool.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 12, 2012 06:49PM

Got that one right, DolfanKing.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 09:19PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> I know some have had high hopes for this season,
> but I don't see it.
> With Garrad's injury and 85's pending legal
> issues, this team's offense will be at a loss for
> playmakers. Reggie Bush looks good, but we can't
> hand off to an undersized back every play.

I doubt the plan is to hand off to the Reg every play. There is a reason we have drafted a RB in each of the last two drafts. We have talent at the RB position besides Reggie even if it is mostly unproven talent. Also, the TE position isn't flashy but we did score 8 TD's with our TE's last year and Clay is bound to improve in his 2nd season. Oline is very good at LT, LG, and C. RT has to be better, mainly because it can't be worse, and we have a high potential rookie. There are plenty of examples of rookie OT having good campaigns. RG may be a weak position but it is the least important of the OL positions and we have multiple options to fill that position. Obviously we don't have an offensive juggernaut here but there is talent.

> Between the loss of significant offensive
> firepower, and a first string defense that looked
> as though it couldn't stop a cardboard box against
> Tampa, I'm seeing a lot of victories this year.

Well its good that your drawing your conclusions from one preseason game. Makes your argument very convincing. Two series of defense in the first preseason game, in a new scheme no less, and the defense is cooked for the year, and I wonder why some posters have taken to blocking you.

> This should work out well for everyone's favorite
> top ten reach. He will see some action late
> season, and there will be no expectations that he
> leads us to the post-season.

Disagree on the reach accusation. If Tannyhill pans out then its not a reach and if he busts then it obviously is a bad pick. You can say the same thing about any first round pick. Everyone has a different board and unless your privy to some serious insider information then you have no idea how the majority of teams had him ranked.

> Still, I think its time to reconsider any
> post-season fantasies this year. It just ain't
> gonna happen.

Is 9-7 a fantasy? I hope not. Again, your conclusions based off of one preseason game in which we are running new schemes on offense and defense does nothing to sway me to your point of view. The team will improve each week as they get more practice in the new schemes. Obviously growing pains will exist but the new scheme may allow players to thrive at a more natural position and you may see some breakout players. Or perhaps the players will not fit well and we will have to wait until management brings in players that fit their mold. Too early to tell either way.

> Time to start considering next years draft. Who
> should we suck for in 2013?

Another comment that makes it all too clear why some posters have a problem with you. You have taken the "reality check fan" persona to new lows. I don't understand how you can even enjoy being a fan with such a negative outlook, but to each his own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2012 09:22PM by dolphin1423.

Date: August 12, 2012 09:38PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know some have had high hopes for this
> season,
> > but I don't see it.
> > With Garrad's injury and 85's pending legal
> > issues, this team's offense will be at a loss
> for
> > playmakers. Reggie Bush looks good, but we
> can't
> > hand off to an undersized back every play.
>
> I doubt the plan is to hand off to the Reg every
> play. There is a reason we have drafted a RB in
> each of the last two drafts. We have talent at
> the RB position besides Reggie even if it is
> mostly unproven talent. Also, the TE position
> isn't flashy but we did score 8 TD's with our TE's
> last year and Clay is bound to improve in his 2nd
> season. Oline is very good at LT, LG, and C. RT
> has to be better, mainly because it can't be
> worse, and we have a high potential rookie. There
> are plenty of examples of rookie OT having good
> campaigns. RG may be a weak position but it is
> the least important of the OL positions and we
> have multiple options to fill that position.
> Obviously we don't have an offensive juggernaut
> here but there is talent.
>
> > Between the loss of significant offensive
> > firepower, and a first string defense that
> looked
> > as though it couldn't stop a cardboard box
> against
> > Tampa, I'm seeing a lot of victories this year.
>
> Well its good that your drawing your conclusions
> from one preseason game. Makes your argument very
> convincing. Two series of defense in the first
> preseason game, in a new scheme no less, and the
> defense is cooked for the year, and I wonder why
> some posters have taken to blocking you.
>
>
> > This should work out well for everyone's
> favorite
> > top ten reach. He will see some action late
> > season, and there will be no expectations that
> he
> > leads us to the post-season.
>
> Disagree on the reach accusation. If Tannyhill
> pans out then its not a reach and if he busts then
> it obviously is a bad pick. You can say the same
> thing about any first round pick. Everyone has a
> different board and unless your privy to some
> serious insider information then you have no idea
> how the majority of teams had him ranked.
>
> > Still, I think its time to reconsider any
> > post-season fantasies this year. It just ain't
> > gonna happen.
>
> Is 9-7 a fantasy? I hope not. Again, your
> conclusions based off of one preseason game in
> which we are running new schemes on offense and
> defense does nothing to sway me to your point of
> view. The team will improve each week as they get
> more practice in the new schemes. Obviously
> growing pains will exist but the new scheme may
> allow players to thrive at a more natural position
> and you may see some breakout players. Or perhaps
> the players will not fit well and we will have to
> wait until management brings in players that fit
> their mold. Too early to tell either way.
>
> > Time to start considering next years draft.
> Who
> > should we suck for in 2013?
>
> Another comment that makes it all too clear why
> some posters have a problem with you. You have
> taken the "reality check fan" persona to new lows.
> I don't understand how you can even enjoy being a
> fan with such a negative outlook, but to each his
> own.

My conclusion are based on a lot more than a preseason game. You just happen to focus on that so you can accuse me of --- what is it? Being negative?

Your arguments surround only the fact that I'm being negative in your eyes. But you aren't really convincing me why I should be more like your definition of "positive". Please give me a good reason to be what you call "positive" about the outlook this year. Obviously just attacking what you see as my "negative" outlook isn't going to change my mind (or stop me from posting something you don't want to read).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2012 09:42PM by DolfanKing.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:58AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> -----
> > I know some have had high hopes for this
> season,
> > but I don't see it.
> > With Garrad's injury and 85's pending legal
> > issues, this team's offense will be at a loss
> for
> > playmakers. Reggie Bush looks good, but we
> can't
> > hand off to an undersized back every play.
>
> I doubt the plan is to hand off to the Reg every
> play. There is a reason we have drafted a RB in
> each of the last two drafts. We have talent at
> the RB position besides Reggie even if it is
> mostly unproven talent. Also, the TE position
> isn't flashy but we did score 8 TD's with our TE's
> last year and Clay is bound to improve in his 2nd
> season. Oline is very good at LT, LG, and C. RT
> has to be better, mainly because it can't be
> worse, and we have a high potential rookie. There
> are plenty of examples of rookie OT having good
> campaigns. RG may be a weak position but it is
> the least important of the OL positions and we
> have multiple options to fill that position.
> Obviously we don't have an offensive juggernaut
> here but there is talent.
>
> > Between the loss of significant offensive
> > firepower, and a first string defense that
> looked
> > as though it couldn't stop a cardboard box
> against
> > Tampa, I'm seeing a lot of victories this year.
>
> Well its good that your drawing your conclusions
> from one preseason game. Makes your argument very
> convincing. Two series of defense in the first
> preseason game, in a new scheme no less, and the
> defense is cooked for the year, and I wonder why
> some posters have taken to blocking you.
>
>
> > This should work out well for everyone's
> favorite
> > top ten reach. He will see some action late
> > season, and there will be no expectations that
> he
> > leads us to the post-season.
>
> Disagree on the reach accusation. If Tannyhill
> pans out then its not a reach and if he busts then
> it obviously is a bad pick. You can say the same
> thing about any first round pick. Everyone has a
> different board and unless your privy to some
> serious insider information then you have no idea
> how the majority of teams had him ranked.
>
> > Still, I think its time to reconsider any
> > post-season fantasies this year. It just ain't
> > gonna happen.
>
> Is 9-7 a fantasy? I hope not. Again, your
> conclusions based off of one preseason game in
> which we are running new schemes on offense and
> defense does nothing to sway me to your point of
> view. The team will improve each week as they get
> more practice in the new schemes. Obviously
> growing pains will exist but the new scheme may
> allow players to thrive at a more natural position
> and you may see some breakout players. Or perhaps
> the players will not fit well and we will have to
> wait until management brings in players that fit
> their mold. Too early to tell either way.
>
> > Time to start considering next years draft.
> Who
> > should we suck for in 2013?
>
> Another comment that makes it all too clear why
> some posters have a problem with you. You have
> taken the "reality check fan" persona to new lows.
> I don't understand how you can even enjoy being a
> fan with such a negative outlook, but to each his
> own.

smileys with beer Well said 1423 smileys with beer

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 05:47AM

Dolfan1976 Wrote:
> King you remind me of a previous poster here by
> the name of Dolfan1. No matter where we were as an
> organization he always brought a gloom and doom
> mentality with his posts. King I will respect your
> opinion but I ask that you would eliminate this
> negativity in your posts and try to bring an more
> optimistic/realistic point of view instead of
> bashing our team.

You are in LUCK...DOOM & GLOOM...IS BACKKKKK

Seriously it does look like it will be a long year to be a fins fan unfortunatley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 13, 2012 07:24AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
>
>
> You are in LUCK...DOOM & GLOOM...IS BACKKKKK
>
> Seriously it does look like it will be a long year
> to be a fins fan unfortunatley

Wow, sure didn't see that coming.. grinning smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 07:34AM

now if you want to see what a real troll looks like, just look 2 posts above me

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 13, 2012 07:43AM

"rebuilding" has taken on a negative connotation when used in NFL circles. It is usually used to describe a team at the bottom that is getting a makeover from top to bottom. I don't necessarily see it that way.

In that sense of the word, we are not rebuilding. We have a new Head Coach, staff and systems but we did not scrap the entire roster or upper management. Our core, or the main ingredients, are still in tact. We will probably end up with new faces (meaning new hires) at 3 or 4 positions. I don't count rookies because that is just good management if they are selected and can come in and start. For example...Right Tackle was improved but by doing it the right way...thru the draft.

We still have our starting (12th ranked) QB from a season ago but the position itself has been improved because he actually has legitimate competition. Some may never admit it but our rookie QB has a legit shot at starting. Maybe bc of injury but hey, it happens. Tom Brady, Kurt Warner both got their jobs from injury.

Our D line, Lber's, RB's and half of our O-line is still in tact. The other half is improved. Yes we have questions at WR and Secondary but the season isn't here yet and our young guys are getting quality reps. We may even sign a vet. Who know's?

I'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:22AM

Obviously it’s a “rebuilding year.” And obviously most fans have high hopes about the team because they want to see success and not failure. I find myself “dreaming” that everything falls perfectly into place and we wind up being a really solid football team this year. But then when you consider the unresolved “issues” (i.e., WR, OL, QB, DBs new O and D system and a rookie HC etc.) it’s a bit unrealistic to have really high expectations because MOST LIKELY you’re setting yourself up for a serious disappointment.

So its one day at a time with this team, and the most we can really hope for is continued improvement throughout the year, and we find a number of answers based on the talent already on the roster. All things considered I think 500 or maybe 9-7 would have to be considered a reasonable success for this team. If we find a way to win 10 or more games that would have to be considered a huge success IMO. On the other hand, winning less than 6 or 7 games would be yet another certified “failure.” But as things stand right now, I believe it’s fair to see this team in 500 mode and not much better – UNLESS a lot of positive answers come our way and we get a few good bounces as well…

Last, IMO I think it would be unreasonable as fans to expect Philbin to absolutely light it up in his rookie year. He’s going to take some lumps, most likely, and we need to have a reasonable degree of patience with his development and the team’s development.

If Philbin is the long-term answer at HC, and we found our QB, and Ireland proves he’s capable of finding talent consistently, then our future is definitely BRIGHT! We just have to let things play out a bit and NOT rush to any definitive judgments at this point.

That’s my take.

BNF.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:24AM

Face it. We've, basically, been in rebuilding mode ever since Wanny resigned. Hopefully this will be the last time for a while.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:39AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Obviously it’s a “rebuilding year.” And
> obviously most fans have high hopes about the team
> because they want to see success and not failure.
> I find myself “dreaming” that everything falls
> perfectly into place and we wind up being a really
> solid football team this year. But then when you
> consider the unresolved “issues” (i.e., WR,
> OL, QB, DBs new O and D system and a rookie HC
> etc.) it’s a bit unrealistic to have really high
> expectations because MOST LIKELY you’re setting
> yourself up for a serious disappointment.
>
> So its one day at a time with this team, and the
> most we can really hope for is continued
> improvement throughout the year, and we find a
> number of answers based on the talent already on
> the roster. All things considered I think 500 or
> maybe 9-7 would have to be considered a reasonable
> success for this team. If we find a way to win 10
> or more games that would have to be considered a
> huge success IMO. On the other hand, winning less
> than 6 or 7 games would be yet another certified
> “failure.” But as things stand right now, I
> believe it’s fair to see this team in 500 mode
> and not much better – UNLESS a lot of positive
> answers come our way and we get a few good bounces
> as well…
>
> Last, IMO I think it would be unreasonable as fans
> to expect Philbin to absolutely light it up in his
> rookie year. He’s going to take some lumps, most
> likely, and we need to have a reasonable degree of
> patience with his development and the team’s
> development.
>
> If Philbin is the long-term answer at HC, and we
> found our QB, and Ireland proves he’s capable of
> finding talent consistently, then our future is
> definitely BRIGHT! We just have to let things play
> out a bit and NOT rush to any definitive judgments
> at this point.
>
> That’s my take.
>
> BNF.

Well said! I couldnt had said it better...

PS. I think 9-7 is too much to ask.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:44AM

montequi Wrote:
> Face it. We've, basically, been in rebuilding
> mode ever since Wanny resigned. Hopefully this
> will be the last time for a while.

+1

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:46AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> -----
> > Face it. We've, basically, been in rebuilding
> > mode ever since Wanny resigned. Hopefully this
> > will be the last time for a while.
>
>
> +1

I thought you were going to say...

+ 100000000000000000

Date: August 13, 2012 08:50AM

THINKING POSITIVE............

Might be a rebuilding tear, but this time I think we might actually have a foundation.winking smileythumbs up

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.