HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Carey takes pay cut, moves to Guard...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Carey takes pay cut, moves to Guard...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:49AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carey takes pay cut, moves to Guard...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:55AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:56AM

So they must be high on whoever is going to play right tackle then...

If he struggles whoever he is then carey will be moved back to his original position.

I wonder how jake long is doing.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:56AM

I have a feeling we'll see him practicing back at RT as well. I doubt his move to Guard is that permanent yet.

Date: August 03, 2011 07:57AM

Maybe he is destined to become a all pro guard. He is still relatively young.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:01AM

5hat means Columbo is the RT. Not sure he is better than Carey. Anyone do a comparison on pff?

Heard Jerry was out of shape. Is VC going to right or left side? Can he pull? Or is Incog at LG? Heard he doesn't pull well either.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:01AM

Date: August 03, 2011 08:05AM

He has vowed not to tinker with line so much this year...we'll see.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:17AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:26AM

Probably a good thing. It's not like we're stacked in the OL. Mostly we're a retread factory...

And keep in mind, like I told ya'll last year, Jake is NEVER going to be the player he was 2 years ago. And I'm not all that sold on Pouncey, so we could be mid-pack or less upfront once again. But of course I hope I’m wrong and we blow peeps off the line with mini nuke blocks (a secret Sparano has been working on at home in the garage).

One thing for sure, lacking a dominate running game, Henne will be so exposed the games will be rated XXX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 08:27AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:28AM

Date: August 03, 2011 08:32AM

the mixing and tinkering of the OL is going to go on untill we find the right mix which we havent found yet.

Until then expect the same.

we havent had the same five guys together for a while now either injuries or one doesnt work out or whatever.

Hopefully the 5 guys that start the season can play together all year with out any injuries...

Then the OL will improve

I know thats probably too much to ask since this is NFL Football.

Thats the only way we will dominate the trenches UNLESS you are the patriots from years before and any scrub OL player that came in because of injuries worked out. LUCKIEST MFs in the world.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 09:52AM

Bad idea, Colombo is an injury riddled stiffed. Sporano has his ex Cowboy starry eyes inserted again. Pro football focus rated Carey #15 overall in pass blocking for right tackles. Colombo was rated #26 out of 32. People who are getting man crushes over Colombo better wake up and smell the coffee. Read another article where Carey was rated #26 out of all tackles Colombo was like #72.

from Pro football focus

" The at times predictable Dallas offense, didn’t shy away from leaving their tight ends into pass block, and with good reason. Marc Colombo desperately needed the help, and both Jason Witten and Martellus Bennett are among the best pass blocking tight ends around. With Jon Kitna helping to turn a whopping 23.86% of pressure into sacks, it was best keeping him free of defenders. At least Tony Romo and his 10.61% returns next year. "

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 03, 2011 10:53AM

I like the move. Vernon, at this stage of his career, may be a better fit there. I definitely thought he struggled quickness wise with edge rushers. Now, in the confined space, he can use his size and strength more as opposed to quick feet. I do, however, wonder about his ability to pull.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 03, 2011 12:42PM

I'd like the idea of moving Carey inside better if Colombo was still a good player. But, he was really bad in 2010. Maybe Garner figures in at the position? He's not a very good run blocker, but he is good in pass protection.

Date: August 03, 2011 01:58PM

I don't see Columbo as even better than Garner. Columbo would be the weak link on the line IMO but a decent backup.

Date: August 03, 2011 02:40PM

Carey is playing RG.

It seems to me this means Garner will compete with Columbo for starting RT spot and Incognito will man the LG position.

Unless we sign Ohara.

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: August 03, 2011 02:56PM

Ravens are still with out a starting center they will have to move ont to the backup which they already tried to avoid once. Casey Rabach failed his physical thier trade with washington is off. So they may go after O'hara.

Date: August 03, 2011 04:02PM

They have Matt Birk even tho he has injury

Date: August 04, 2011 10:56AM

I rather colombo been a good pass protector any day than a run blocker anyday. protect the qb first then worry about the run or run to the left on jake longs side.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 11:40AM by samsam3738.

Date: August 04, 2011 01:16PM

I heard months ago that our OC ran a zone blocking scheme in Cle but not sure he is installing that system here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.