HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wheeden named starting QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Wheeden named starting QB
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 12, 2012 07:03AM

We can say he sucked now...but the system Cameron "wanted" to run was not put in place nor was the roster allowed to be stocked with the players required to run it. Cameron had to fit square pegs (players picke to run JJ, Wanny, and Sabin's Systems) into the round holes of his more speed based athletic system.

Beck may have prospered in Cameron's system...we'll never know. System guy's happen all of the time...if they are not in the right circumstances they play poorly. Beck may be one of those guys. No matter now though, because either way, at this point it really dosen't matter.

If you took Joe Montana in 79 and put him on the Detroit Lions with no other player changes...he dosen't become the super sucessful player he became in S.F. He might not have even turned out to be an improvement over what they actually had that year in rookie Jeff Komlo (#9 pick) who started due to the starter Gary Danielson (WFL castoff) who only had two respectible seasons in Detroit being injured.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 07:15AM

beck flopped in shannahan's system too.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 12, 2012 09:51AM

True, but he had to endure two years in two systems while in Miami where he received unsatisfactory initial development due to Trent Green being the starter, and Lemon being the primary back up. All the while with the team having pretty poor talent in the few games he did get to play. In his second year he sat on the bench and languished behind Pennington and Henne. Then he went to Baltimore where didn't play a single snap. After that season he was shuffled off to Washington where he sat behind Grossman and was cut after just three starts. The damage may have already been done by the time he came under Shannahan's tutelage.

He's now signed with Houston...so, he's had to endure five systems and five coaches in his six NFL seasons.

I'm not saying that the way he has turned out is good...far from it. But simply saying that the system he was drafted to run never materialized. Also, the system a player finds himself in can have a huge effect on whether or not they turn out to be poor, average, good, or great as a player.

He's simply had zero stability and little talent around him...that does not lend itself to player development and improvement. Had he had those things maybe his career would have turned out differently.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 10:03AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 05:37AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tannehill should be happy that he was picked by
> Miami.

and today after the fist pre season game.................Miami should be happy the picked tannehill instead of weeden

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:09AM

Weedon's RB Richardson just had the same procedure on his knee that Gararrd had too.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:23AM

SamSam, if he turns out to be a Hall of Famer, you won't like people throwing this in your face and saying that you don't know talent.

You're gonna say, "Hey, it was just his very first game and pre season at that."

By the same token, had he passed for 4 touchdowns in that game, one would have been very foolish to say, "See, he's one of the best QBs in the game."

It's preseason. Chill.

He's a starter. We're gonna get to see how much he's worth when the regular season starts.

I hardly think that the staff in Cleveland is so dumb they would name him the starter before the preseason starts EVEN over Colt McCoy if they did not think he was the best on the roster.

Date: August 13, 2012 08:32AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> SamSam, if he turns out to be a Hall of Famer, you
> won't like people throwing this in your face and
> saying that you don't know talent.

Chren unlike others i really do not care what others think its just a message board.

I think i rather be in the situation that we are today. Weeden stunk and tannehill looked great.

If weeden becomes a pro bowler i will be the first to say he is just a great talent...Until then he is a bust and tannehill is a superstar.

> It's preseason. Chill.

Im chilling man......I always am..........the season is here finally And you know i do not take a message board too serious. But i enjoy it and to talk to you guys a whole lot.

> I hardly think that the staff in Cleveland is so
> dumb they would name him the starter before the
> preseason starts EVEN over Colt McCoy if they did
> not think he was the best on the roster.

Pre season does not matter. They could had named goofy the starter and it really does not mean much. We will see if they name weedon the starter come regular season.

GO PHINS.

Date: August 13, 2012 08:34AM

Chren i think i get it now.....Were you a weedon suporter before the draft or am i mistaken..??

Just a thought chren.................... nothing to it.

Date: August 13, 2012 09:55AM

Finally (being the cheap ass bastard I've been called) got to see the Tampa pre-season game.

To answer your question? Yep I was. Oklahoma through and through. Brand new State. But I never saw the game that Wheeden stunk in (by the way, like Garrard, where people need to spell it with two a's and 3 r's and no e's, people need to put the "h" in Wheeden), but.....................

I saw Tannehill and Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!!! He plays in the pros like he played in college. We got something! Let's not ruin it by throwing him in too early. Bottom line? Without seeing Wheeden (because I think the receivers made Matt Moore stink in that preseason game), YES! I'm glad we got Tannehill instead! Just based on that game.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 13, 2012 10:30AM

Ryan Mallett didn't look to hot either (for a second year player that has failed to get beyond 3rd string). Just sayin.

8/19/89-1 int (42% comp. rate) had like 3 sacks too.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 13, 2012 10:58AM

eesti Wrote:
> Ryan Mallett didn't look to hot either (for a
> second year player that has failed to get beyond
> 3rd string). Just sayin.
>
> 8/19/89-1 int (42% comp. rate) had like 3 sacks
> too.

Time to fess up...I wanted us to draft Mallett. This is why I leave it to the experts spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 13, 2012 11:32AM

Finally (being the cheap ass bastard I've been called) got to see the Tampa pre-season game.

LOL.

Date: August 13, 2012 12:01PM

Hey. I admit it. Cheap you know what that I am. People can't expect to get rich off of retired government workers.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 13, 2012 12:03PM

I think Tannehill is going to start week 1.

I could be really, really wrong, but that's just what I see. Matt Moore is a good backup QB, but we aren't going anywhere with him.

Date: August 14, 2012 04:52AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey. I admit it. Cheap you know what that I am.
> People can't expect to get rich off of retired
> government workers.

Hey i admit i cant afford to go to the phins games since i have a over 2 grand mortgage payment...I live well though but i work all the time both me and my wife.....

We get paid well my wife is a school teacher and works in a daycare she has two jobs....

I work from 7 am to 5 pm.....

we have everythi ng but everything comes with a price....

Date: August 14, 2012 09:30PM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.