Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 11:11AM

Poll
Do you believe the Dolphins made a mistake in passing on Vick after his prison release?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
24 votes were received.
yes 4

17%
no 20

83%

Obviously Mike Vick is a guy we passed on, DO you believe it was mistake? How good of team could we have been last year with Mike Vick at the helm. These are all important questions, I think that have to be asked, because, you have to take chances until you solidify that position.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 06, 2011 11:54AM

Slimeball, scumbag, low life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 11:56AM by ChyrenB.

Re: Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 12:02PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 01:19PM

no, he is scum of the earth for what he did and I couldn't root for him

Date: June 06, 2011 01:45PM

Nope. I may want to win, but not at all costs. he is a P.O.S. He fits in prefect in Philly. He could get a ring for all I care. You will NEVER hear me gripe about that one. F him.

Date: June 06, 2011 02:00PM

I want to start with that, I agree what he did is despicable, I am a dog lover to the 9th degree, I just recently lost my dog, an Akita, who I had since I left home as young buck and lived for over 14 years. Closer to that dog, then just about anything.... What Vick did boogles the mind, I cant even imagine watching something like that or a dog suffer. I can't even watch a Dog die in a movie... So I just dont get it.

He served time in prison for the crimes and repented for what he did, and has been forgiven by the head of the Humane Society. He speaks for the Humane Society against dog fighting and abuse. WHo am I to hold judgement on the guy, who paid his debt to society, and has done enough and continues to be proactive for the causes that heads of the dog world, have come out in support of him. The only one that judges him rightly,at this point would be god in my eyes...

Date: June 06, 2011 02:26PM

I judge him--an eternal POS

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 06, 2011 02:40PM

Yes, it was a mistake. He is a top 5 QB in this league. For all 32 teams to have an open, fair shot at a guy like that....everybody made a mistake.

You tree huggers call him scumbag...whatever, I dont care. We are one of the few countries that doesnt eat dogs for supper.

I am born and raised in the South, the Carolinas to be exact and dog fighting is as much in our culture as college football. And you know what?? He found out he was wrong when he spent years in prison.

Time served, get over it. He is a top 5 QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 06, 2011 03:42PM

A & O, yes there are societies that eat dogs and cats and I don't condemn them.

Yes, A & O, there is also dog fighting and, surprising, I really don't condemn that as a fact though I would never engage in it or praise it.

But let me ask you a question, do you also support torturing and killing the dogs that Vick found to be too soft to fight? Or using those dogs and kidnapping puppies off the street for bait to be torn up into shreds by other dogs.

Or electrocuting or stringwiring dogs around the neck for no real dog fighting purpose but just for this sick f_ck's private pleasure.

And as far as the Humane Society is concerned, with them the whole point is that they get money in exchange for Vict getting political cover.

But that smirk he displayed on his face the first time he appeared in public after his release at a basketball game and he was loudly cheered showed me that he was not repentant.

And as far as serving his time, many prisoners do but that does not mean that they are rehabilitated.

Date: June 06, 2011 03:45PM

there are also societies that stone women to death for being raped. we are not one of them. even in the carolinas (I think).

Date: June 06, 2011 03:58PM

Date: June 06, 2011 04:03PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 06, 2011 04:07PM

I voted no because it's too easy to be an arm-chair QB, at the time it appeared to be a wise choice.....hindsight's 20-20.

As far as his crime? he paid his dues and seems somewhat remorseful (who knows how genuine?) but to put him in hell and let Ray Lewis or Donte Stallworth off with a hall pass is hypocritical IMO. Actually any of of these scumbags beating on their wives (some pregnant) are just as bad IMO.

Date: June 06, 2011 05:21PM

I agree 100%, dolphaholic.

---------------------

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 07, 2011 05:31AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 07, 2011 06:22AM

Several reasons why no:

1. Dolphins are not mature enough coaching wise to handle vick like they did in PHL.

2. Phins did not and do not have the competing QB to make Vick play well and keep his nose clean and thus excel.

3. Despite the talent with Vick, the Fins totally suck at managing anything but boy scouts for players.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 07, 2011 06:36AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 07, 2011 06:52AM

Well let's see....I can either act like I am remorsefull and become a millionaire again or I can get a job at the car wash....hmmm...what should I do? Tough decision right?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 07, 2011 07:54AM

This is crazy. He has been nothing but a prime player on the field and off the field except killing animals.

This is a society issue and debate, and you guys are offended that he killed animals and you are going to be the same people arguing for animal rights.

---------------------

Date: June 07, 2011 08:07AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is crazy. He has been nothing but a prime
> player on the field and off the field except
> killing animals.

In my book, that's one bigass "except" I also couldn't help but notice how you left out "torture". It's one thing to kill animals. For example: hunters do that all the time, and I'm not against hunting. Slaughterhouses do it for food processing, I'm not against that either. It's the whole torture-and-get-off-from-their-suffering and the details mentioned by Chyren that I'm not comfortable with.

>
> This is a society issue and debate,

Part of it is that. But I've made my stance clear that Society has allowed him back and I'm okay with that. I just don't want him on my team.

>and you guys
> are offended that he killed animals and you are
> going to be the same people arguing for animal
> rights.

Not sure what you mean by that. Yeah I'm for animal rights to a reasonable extent. They have the right to NOT be tortured. Apparently you disagree with that?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 07, 2011 09:40AM

I just hope Vick has a terrible year next year and this debate goes away. To me I'm too much of a dog person to ever root for Vick, even if he played here. He paid his dues legally, but there are a few things I just can't let go of. The same applies to wife beaters, child abusers, rapists, etc. All of them should burn in hell...or suffer the same (or worse) as those they made suffer.

Date: June 07, 2011 09:59AM

I think he oviously grew up in a world or situation that desensitized him from violence or violence towards this type of thing.... I dont think you wake up one day and say I want to start killing pitbulls for pleasure... I dont think, he even saw it as pleasure, more competition and survival.
I think to do this type of thing you have to have been introduced to it at an early age, where it was part of the scene he grew up in...
People make mistakes in life, I honestly believe him that he feels sorry for the things he has done... You guys are a tough crowd, I understand wanting him to be punished and etc, but to be so unforgiving and compassionate towards another human being trying to do right after doing wrong, is not something to be proud of either... Compassion is one of the most important qualities us humans can have, it is what makes us human... If you dont show any to others, what type of person are you? I am just asking?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 07, 2011 09:59AM

personally I wouldn't mind if Vick qb the phins. I just know it would never happen. Guy did his time, looks like he learned his lesson I have no problem w/ him.

Put Ben Roethlisberger's name up here and you will not hear these dog screwers spew as much venom as they do w/ Vick.

ps you want to here them howl more post how it would be good if the Phins signed McNabb.

Date: June 07, 2011 10:06AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> Several reasons why no:
>
> 1. Dolphins are not mature enough coaching wise
> to handle vick like they did in PHL.
>
> 2. Phins did not and do not have the competing QB
> to make Vick play well and keep his nose clean and
> thus excel.
>
> 3. Despite the talent with Vick, the Fins totally
> suck at managing anything but boy scouts for
> players.

I think these are great reasons why not to sign him, not sure they are all entirely acurate, but defintely good questions and good approach, I like the thought process

Date: June 07, 2011 10:11AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Talent-wise...yes.
>
> But its hard to call it a mistake when you take
> into account his crime.

I like the simplicty of your answer, it is hard to beat or argue with a concise response that answers the question and sums up all the angles... I like how you didnt take a position against him but addressed the problems at the same time, smileys with beer

Date: June 07, 2011 12:00PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 07, 2011 12:15PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I think he oviously grew up in a world or
> situation that desensitized him from violence or
> violence towards this type of thing.... I dont
> think you wake up one day and say I want to start
> killing pitbulls for pleasure... I dont think, he
> even saw it as pleasure, more competition and
> survival.
> I think to do this type of thing you have to have
> been introduced to it at an early age, where it
> was part of the scene he grew up in...
> People make mistakes in life, I honestly believe
> him that he feels sorry for the things he has
> done... You guys are a tough crowd, I understand
> wanting him to be punished and etc, but to be so
> unforgiving and compassionate towards another
> human being trying to do right after doing wrong,
> is not something to be proud of either...
> Compassion is one of the most important qualities
> us humans can have, it is what makes us human...
> If you dont show any to others, what type of
> person are you? I am just asking?

My brother raised, fought and i'm sure killed Pit Bulls for a few years, we were raised in the same house by the same 2 parents and I couldn't even imagine killing a dog because he wouldn't fight, so i'm not so sure you can blame it on up-bringing or culture or geography for that matter, some people are just wired different I guess.

Date: June 08, 2011 10:38AM

I agree Dolph, it is not always all nurture. There are lots of examples, as you suggested. But also different times in life have different impacts as well... SO the Nurturing parents or influences can give at one point of time might not be the same nurture they were able to give to another child at a different point of time... Or maybe one child needed more nurtuing then other, etc, lots of variables, like a traumatic experience, etc...But at the end of the day, it comes down to choice, and ones individual moral compass..

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:13AM

Vick exits the playoffs rather quickly.

Date: June 09, 2011 02:03PM

sleekdogg Wrote:
> Vick exits the playoffs rather quickly.

Yeah, just a tad bit quicker than we exited...uh..oh wait, nevermind..we didnt make it.

---------------------

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.