Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:26PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you believe Miami made a mistake passing on Mike Vick when he got out of prison?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 10, 2011 10:52AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > Yeah, just a tad bit quicker than we
> > exited...uh..oh wait, nevermind..we didnt make
> it.
>
> A&O, the Mike Vick love is senseless. Vick's
> teams haven't done much more than our team under
> Pennington. Vick is a me-first player who gets
> injured or thrown in jail.
>
> There is nothing besides a marketing engine to
> indicate that he has ever been more than a 2nd
> tier QB in the NFL.
>
> Given the question concerning his health,
> character, and fact that he has never carried his
> teams that far, I'm going to say that Mike Vick is
> about worthless as Dog that doesn't want to fight
> - which is fine by me, I like dogs as pets.
>
> The puppy killer should look elsewhere.

Trust me, the last thing I have is "Mike Vick love".

The question was asked, Did we make a mistake when we passed on him and considering he is a top 10...easy, maybe a top 5 QB, and we have Chad Henne....then yes, we made a mistake.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 10, 2011 11:49AM

well that's kind of a bogus question. of course we made a mistake from a football point of view---he is better than all of the crap QBs on the roster. the only reason not to sign him---the only reason it wouldn't be a mistake---is if you take into account what he did, and was jailed over, which some on here seem to think is OK and no big deal/should be forgiven. if you think what he did was about as low as you can get, then you wouldn't want him on the team, ever.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 10, 2011 12:11PM

Just because you think people should be forgiven, does not mean you believe what they did was no big deal. Just that in life, when people are punished and then repent and try and do right by those they have done wrong, that is not something that should be overlooked or dealt with lightly either...TO have such conviction to condemn someone, as you all do Vick, shows that your conviction for righteoutness or righteous reason, are hypocritical to such a hardline position. I despise Vick's action but not him as a person. I condemn his negative actions and applaud his positive. It is not what has happend to you in the past it is how you handle yourself in the present and future...We have all sinned, you all act as if you have never known sin..... If so I applaud you, but dont really believe it....

SOme people believe that Vick's success would not have been the same in this environment, that asnwer makes sense... But to say , it wasnt a mistake because of his past, then I dont understand that completely... Becasue we are talking about football, and how he has affected the game and his team since being signed by the Eagles after a prison term. Not what got him sent to prison.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 10, 2011 01:18PM

But what about the smirk on his face at the basketball game as the crowd was cheering him after he got released from prison, Crowder?

Date: June 10, 2011 03:58PM

If we have a top 10 QB, we are in the Superbowl.

---------------------

Date: June 10, 2011 04:08PM

I admire you for your rosy and optimistic and positive view of our team, A & O. Replace Henne with a top 10 QB and we would have been in the SuperBowl?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 10, 2011 04:51PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I admire you for your rosy and optimistic and
> positive view of our team, A & O. Replace Henne
> with a top 10 QB and we would have been in the
> SuperBowl?

If, and it's a big IF, our O-line gels, I don't think it's that crazy of a statement. This team's not as bad as some make it out to be.

Date: June 10, 2011 06:08PM

No, Dolphaholic, he was talking about last year, not next year.

Date: June 11, 2011 09:13AM

Date: June 14, 2011 03:06PM

I wouldnt put Fitzpatrick or half of those others above him, but hey...thats my opinion.

Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers...thats it for me.

---------------------

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 16, 2011 09:22AM

eesti Wrote:
> Well let's see....I can either act like I am
> remorsefull and become a millionaire again or I
> can get a job at the car wash....hmmm...what
> should I do? Tough decision right?

Bingo Jack......He is definetely not retarded and knew exactly what he was doing. Killing animals.

Date: June 18, 2011 09:22AM

Date: June 21, 2011 03:04AM

Just like you said in the other post when you were talking to Berk about Kyle Orton....

it was one year for Fitzpatrick. Do it a couple more, then I am on board with you, Ghotirule. thumbs up

---------------------

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: June 27, 2011 06:40PM

Nope, just because he had a great season does not mean we made a mistake.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.