HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Ticket Price
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Ticket Price
Posted by: Arkiefinsguy ()
Date: July 08, 2012 03:45AM

NFL Ticket is being offered for $199. I called them up and said I would give them $149 and they took it. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Ticket Price
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: July 08, 2012 05:25AM

Nobody pays full price except Chyren smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 08, 2012 07:29AM

You got that right. And I'm their oldest customer.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:04AM

They will definitely work with you.

I called them and told them I didn't want to renew the NFL Sunday Ticket, that it was too expensive.

They gave me the "we'll you've been a valued customer since 1998 so we'll drop the price to $150."

Told the guy I needed to think about it. And they dropped it to $112.50 (5 pmts of $22.50).

I'm sure if I wanted to beat them up more, or talk with a supervisor, I could have gotten that a little lower but that's about $7 a game...I can live with that.

Date: July 08, 2012 10:13AM

Someone should really ask how a government granted Monopoly (like the NFL) can turn around and grant a monopoly of its own.

The only reason I stick with DirectTV is because they have the monopoly on the sunday ticket.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 08, 2012 02:33PM

I paid the 199.00 and did not complain. I actually think it's a relative bargain considering having to find a crowded sports bar, and taking my kids along to watch the game. This way is much cheaper, and I did not even think to beat them down any. Oh well I guess for me 50.00 dollars I could save or whatever price I have to pay sure beats having to go to a sports bar any day. I would gladly pay whatever they charge because I want to watch my team each and every Sunday.

Date: July 11, 2012 07:10PM

I just paid $80 and that gets me a Ticket against the Jets, round trip Bus, AND a tailgate lunch at the stadium! thumbs up

Going to the Seahawks too!thumbs up

Date: July 12, 2012 08:48AM

Are you talking about live appearance at the Jets game or the DirecTV Sunday Ticket, Treasure?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 07:35AM

just called and got it for $99

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 15, 2012 11:55AM

What did you say to get it for $99?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 15, 2012 12:03PM

I got something in the mail from them saying the new low price is now $299. I called them up and told them I see it advertised on their site for $199 and that I've heard of folks who got it below $150, and I want that deal. They put me on hold and came back and said I could have it for $99. I didn't even need to threaten to cancel or anything.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: July 15, 2012 01:35PM

Mention Viacom. Maybe that will drop the price.

Date: July 15, 2012 09:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you talking about live appearance at the Jets
> game or the DirecTV Sunday Ticket, Treasure?

Oh I'm sorry.....I didn't realize you meant cable. confused smiley

Back when I lived in NYC (99')I had to go to a local bar to catch the Phins and Dan Marino. The Internet was primitive and such cool things like the NFL Ticket didn't exist. This Bar had a Huge dish on the roof to catch all the games. I had to sit next to Jets Fans and breathe in second hand smoke. Great wings though! I would have paid $150 in a heartbeat back then. Nice score!Shit , my Dolphins Digest was like $75 back then.........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:41PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: July 26, 2012 09:58AM

Just got half off complete package price of $150.

I started with I want it for free because new customers are being offered it for free. I've been with direlectv for 8 years, and I said that wasn't fair. They said they'd give me half off. Probably could have argued about it, but I'm at work. I'll take the half off

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 26, 2012 09:59AM

I got it for free this year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 26, 2012 10:07AM

free? bastard!

Date: July 26, 2012 10:23AM

LOL

I couldn't get it for a year when I had my beach condo so I tried signing up again last march and they wanted a $400 deposit. This after being a customer for 15 years. I told them to suck it. A few months back I went online to sign up and they said they required no deposit and I get free NFL Ticket.....idiots!

.....................................................................................

Date: July 26, 2012 03:25PM

they better hold on to that monopoly for dear life because the minute cable gets the ticket i am gone---sick of losing the signal whenever it gets cloudy

Date: July 26, 2012 04:44PM

Right, berk. I don't have the lost signal problem but as John Lennon used to say, "I tired of being f_cked by rich men sittin' on their fat arses in the City."

Date: August 01, 2012 07:26AM

Wow. This is unheard of.....I just got this email.

As a valued DIRECTV customer, we want to provide you with our best offer, so we are delighted to upgrade your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription to the new NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, at no additional charge. NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX takes your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription to the next level with:

• The RED ZONE CHANNEL®, which brings you the final yards of every scoring drive from around the league on one dedicated channel. And it's all in HD.*

• Every out-of-market NFL SUNDAY TICKET game LIVE, anywhere you may be, on your laptop, phone or tablet. You'll never miss a game, even when you're nowhere near a TV. Watch games LIVE on your iPhone®, iPad®, and select Android™ devices.

• Short Cuts, with replays of entire games in less than 30 minutes.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX has been added to your account and there is no action needed from you.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV

Date: August 01, 2012 07:48AM

nice--so they upgraded the acct you are paying nothing for? awesome. I better get that email soon, since I'm still paying $99 for the basic sunday ticket package! otherwise I am going to call them back and tell them I want the eetsi special spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 01, 2012 09:08AM

You had better learn to spell my name correct first. smiling smiley

Date: August 01, 2012 10:01AM

drinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.