HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ring vs HOF
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ring vs HOF
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 06, 2012 08:15AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So, let's throw a wrench into this. How about
> the
> > league MVP? Superbowl MVP?
>
>
> SUperbowl MVP hands down...

or you can be like Lebron and just get both MVP's. Championship and League MVP....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 06, 2012 08:20AM

Yeah haha lebron got it all.

Championship ring, league MVP and Finals MVP.

what more can a pro player want?

Date: July 06, 2012 08:21AM

Maybe 9 more championships in a row like he claimed he was going to win.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 06, 2012 08:56AM

Funny but (and I can say this as a Thunder fan) LeBron got the ring BECAUSE he was such a team player.

As soon as the Thunder (pursuing the wrong strategy I would say) were determined to collapse on him and deny him HIS USUAL POINTS, he quickly passed the ball out to the sinkmasters on the outside WHO KILLED THE THUNDER WITH THREE POINTERS.

That shows you being a team player CAN MAKE YOU an MVP and win you the ring.

But like I said before, the question is not what you or I would want but what the typical athlete would want. And that depends on the player.

But if you believe it is better to have a ring than be an MVP DON'T CITE LEBRON TO BACK YOUR POSITION!!!!

Have you forgotten HOW LeBron got to Miami and WHY?

He WAS MVP in Cleveland. He left there to get the ring.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: July 06, 2012 09:06AM

Super Bowl, for my next life when I'm reborn as a fearsome Linebacker.

Date: July 06, 2012 09:10AM

Chren i disagree look at lebrons numbers....Assist, points rebounds per game.......those are MVP numbers. Both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Date: July 06, 2012 09:29AM

He averaged 30 points about 10 rebounds and about 6 assists in the playoffs......And he was around there in the regular season as well.

Thats almost a triple double for a whole season including playoffs.

Thats insane man! smiling smiley

He definetely deserved all the awards he got. And yes its a team sport, i mean he wouldnt be able to go by himself against 5 other NBA players.......Impossible.........Since its a team sport.

But he definetely got MVP numbers.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 06, 2012 09:52AM

I'm not saying that he didn't put up MVP numbers. Either in the playoffs or in the finals.

What I'm saying is that when they collapsed upon him, instead of trying to make something out of nothing like every damn Thunder player did (with the exception of Russell Westbrook), he kicked the damn ball OUT!

That's a TEAM PLAYER. Not a glory hog.

"Hatfield or McCoy" Harden would try to put the ball up no matter how the odds were stacked against him.

LeBron deserved BOTH, both the MVP and the Ring.

Date: July 06, 2012 10:11AM

Would you rather be Kevin Durant, the scoring champ, the guy with the single highest individual scoring stats.... or Lebron, the guy with the ring.
My guess, Durant would hand over his individual scoring title for the team accomplishment of winning a Championship...
same type of comparison. Individual vs team accomplishment....
the stigma always follows the guy who doesnt achieve the team accomplishment as it followed Lebron around before a couple weeks ago, and Marino his whole career... THe stigma doesnt follow the guy who never reaches the pinnacle of individual stats achievement as it does the guy who never reaches the pinnacle of team achievement.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 10:17AM by Crowder52.

Date: July 06, 2012 11:45AM

All that being said, the HOF is a very elite group, far less players in the HOF, then with Superbowl Rings....
Basicly the HOF is the single greatest individual award a football player or coach can get. The Superbowl is the single greatest team achievement... IF you are a football player, you want the Superbowl first and foremost, what ever individual recognition comes as a result, even better.... But it is still and always will be about winning a Superbowl Ring...

Nietzsche

Date: July 07, 2012 04:44AM

The miami heat just increased their chances of reaching the finals in 2013 with the signing of Ray Allen.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:59AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would you rather be Kevin Durant, the scoring
> champ, the guy with the single highest individual
> scoring stats.... or Lebron, the guy with the
> ring.
> My guess, Durant would hand over his individual
> scoring title for the team accomplishment of
> winning a Championship...
> same type of comparison. Individual vs team
> accomplishment....
> the stigma always follows the guy who doesnt
> achieve the team accomplishment as it followed
> Lebron around before a couple weeks ago, and
> Marino his whole career... THe stigma doesnt
> follow the guy who never reaches the pinnacle of
> individual stats achievement as it does the guy
> who never reaches the pinnacle of team
> achievement.

--------------------------------------------------------

Put in simple terms, any sports figure wants the championship, as "that's why you play the game." However, despite how difficult that is to obtain, getting to the Hall is even more difficult; just ask Kuech, Cris Carter, et al. Ask Carter which he would rather have; (almost) guaranteed he would say the Hall, as that is the pinnacle of one's career.

Sure, if Marino was asked which he would rather have, he would probably say a ring (because he is already in the Hall, and his whole career would have dictated that he would make it).

Ask a player who has no chance at the Hall, and he would (probably) say "a ring."

As to your question, above, I would say Lebron because he got his ring, plus he knows full well that he will end up in the Hall. Durant, if he keeps going the way is presently is, will also end up in the Hall, with a good possibility of also winning a ring along the way.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.