HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thigpen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thigpen
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:16AM

Should we try thigpen today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thigpen
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:23AM

NO...

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:32AM

No.

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:34AM

Why?

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:35AM

If we're going to make a switch, it should be to CHAD PENNINGTON.

If you think Tyler Thigpen is the answer at QB, you are smoking better stuff than Ricky Williams.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 31, 2010 10:39AM

Anyone wanting a QB change right now is smoking something.

Date: October 31, 2010 10:41AM

Just thinking. Lol. We will win this game now I feel. When I typed that I was losing confidence.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 11:29AM

Date: October 31, 2010 12:15PM

lol, yeah sorry, this team might be bi-polar lol

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 31, 2010 12:19PM

I think they are making us all Bi-Polar....

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 01:02PM

wow, thigpen? really? COME ON MAN!

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 31, 2010 04:08PM

He's one of the regular "Henne Haters". He posted that so he could point back so he could say..."I told you so" if Henne had a bad day.

Bi Polar team? It was a typical game for this team. 5 FG's 1 TD. Nothing different.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 06:09PM

Yes, Henne can't get it done and we still have some tough games ahead. Raiders are putting up 500 yds a game

Thigpen had better numbers than henne when starting for KC with much fewer weopons

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:59AM

Oh gosh...here we go.... eye rolling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:22AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, Henne can't get it done and we still have
> some tough games ahead. Raiders are putting up 500
> yds a game
>

The raiders put up 500 yards in ONE game. Their average for the year is 388 yards, which is 40 yards per game better than ours. That's nice, but I'd argue that we'd have a tougher schedule than the raiders AND we still have a better record.

> Thigpen had better numbers than henne when
> starting for KC with much fewer weopons

Nope. Thigpen had a couple good games with KC but his rating for the 2008 season was 76.0, while Henne's is currently 82.5. Henne also leads in completion percentage. So I'd disagree that Thigpen had "better numbers"

Date: November 01, 2010 04:27AM

For the record, I am not a Henne hater. I just think we dont have that franchise QB we are desperately seeking. I watched the Patriot game last night and just watched brady get those 10 yard at time throws and it was like he can do no wrong. I hate the Pats, but I think that team will be good for the next 10 years. We need franchise players, and truthfully I think sporano is not the coach. He is way to conservative. Bill B makes those balzy calls that just seem to pan out. And they are loaded on draft picks next season which scares me even more.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:39AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record, I am not a Henne hater. I just
> think we dont have that franchise QB we are
> desperately seeking. I watched the Patriot game
> last night and just watched brady get those 10
> yard at time throws and it was like he can do no
> wrong.

Dude, if we STILL don't have a "franchise" QB (as you say) 11 years after Marino, then we better start focusing on other things. Brady is a future HoFer. How many other teams in the NFL have a future HoFer as a starting QB (who isn't washed up like Favre)? Plenty of teams are winning without one.

Oh, and if you think you need a HoF-type QB to win a Superbowl, tell that to Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Phil Simms, etc.. Heck, I don't even consider Troy Aikman or Steve Young guys who should be in the HoF. They both played on teams with great players around them at every position. Throw either of those guys on a mediocre team and they'd be average.

If you're stuck comparing Henne to Brady, you'll never be satisfied. I suggest you give it up.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:42AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
I hate the Pats, but I think that team will
> be good for the next 10 years.

You just love the pats do you dolfan?

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:44AM

No one knows how Thigpen will do. Many back-ups get into the game and rock! Call it gut feeling or that we are tired of seeing an offense that should be explosive and is not. Not one person can say that we don't have a good line. Plus we have weapons on offense so something is not working. The run game and the passing game go hand in hand. The problem is that the offense is barely getting it done. All the pieces need to be in sink and some of us feel the weak link is Henne. Stats can tell you all you want, but the bottom line is Wins vs. Losses. Putting a more mobile QB in could be the answer.

And because we think that, some of you blast us for that.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:10AM

Hey. If we're out of contention for the playoffs, then try Thigpen and see what he can do. Otherwise, don't gamble!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:27AM

We put in thigpen and hennes confidence will be shattered....Why should we put him anyways . Henne isn't doing that bad. He is doing rather well.

Why are we on hennes case? Because he three an int?

The bengals QB threw an int at the end of the game as well to lose the game. I don't think people in cincinatti are going to be calling for his head.

Give henne some credit.

Date: November 01, 2010 05:32AM

No I dont love the Pats, I actually loathe them, and I would never say this stuff in front of my friends who are Pats fans but damn they do look again.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:36AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 01, 2010 06:04AM

I really don’t get the Thigpen vs Henne, or Henne vs Thigpen “debate.”

For crying out loud they’re both on the Miami Dolphins roster and
seriously who focking cares if one of them can score TD’s.

Right now this Offense is pretty pathetic and you just can’t expect to beat good football teams with field goals. The bottom line is that Henne is just NOT making the plays – and his inconsistency kills drives, ONE AFTER THE OTHER.

As far a “loving” or “hating” Henne or Thigpen, I find that that type of school yard crap stupid.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:37PM

Phins fan2 are you watchibng the games? he isn't getting it done in the red zone. Marshall has 1 TD! 8 TDs in 7 games? Only 2 rushing TD's

Agreed there is some bad play calling and dropped passes, but somwe are bad throws in crunch time

When you kicker has 10 FG's in the last 2 games the offense isn't getting it done

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.