HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vet Receiver
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Vet Receiver
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 24, 2012 08:10AM

Ireland has "hinted" that he may not be done getting WRs. Burress and Driver have been mentioned. My choice?

I would go with Driver. First, he is familiar with Philbin's way of doing things and second: although I don't watch "Dancing With the Stars," pieces are shown on NFLN when it concerns a football player. For his age, Driver is in perfect physical health and can still move around (as noted by his winning). I think for the right price and if the Pack releases him, that Miami should consider bringing him in. What can it hurt?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vet Receiver
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 24, 2012 08:26AM

If it's between those 2, it's a no-brainer. Driver.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 24, 2012 12:52PM

Donald Driver's Cap hit is pretty high for 2012 he is currentlky slated for $5.6 M

I suppose that's why he is in the conversation about being let go. I expect he'll settle for something less.

FYI his salary ranking in the NFL is however #256. Damn I'd settle for #257 smiling smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 24, 2012 01:13PM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FYI his salary ranking in the NFL is however #256.
> Damn I'd settle for #257 smiling smiley

I was about 12 or 13 in 1960 or 1961 when it was announced that Mickey Mantle would earn the absolute mind-stunning salary of $100,000 per year.

Hell, even President Eisenhower didn't make that much.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 24, 2012 07:33PM

It would be awesome to have Driver.

Definitely a talented marquee player who has his head on straight. The man is a class act who would be an outstanding mentor for the younger receiving corps on this team. Complete polar opposite of Brandon Marshall's character and in my book a more proven & reliable receiver.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 25, 2012 04:19AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be awesome to have Driver.
>
> Definitely a talented marquee player who has his
> head on straight. The man is a class act who would
> be an outstanding mentor for the younger receiving
> corps on this team. Complete polar opposite of
> Brandon Marshall's character and in my book a more
> proven & reliable receiver.

And I hear he can DANCE! Imagine the touchdown celebrations!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 25, 2012 06:48AM

At first I thought he would be a good addition but not so sure now.

He's been in steady decline for the past two years after 6 straight 1k yard seasons. Since 2009 he has 51/565/4 to 37/445/6.

He was the 5th option last year for Rodgers. He was the 2nd leading reciever in 2010 for GB in recpetions but the 4th leading receiver in yards while his ypc fell to 11.1

He will be 37 years old this year. How much help would he really be other than as a mentor for the WCO? We have coaches for that.

Maybe if and only our young guys are just pathetic through the first couple of PS games, GB releases him....and he's still available.

Clearly his motivation is getting his name out there as JT did a few years back.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 31, 2012 04:17PM

Seriously "get his name out there"? Who the heck doesn't know who Donald Driver is? They live under a rock and don't watch NFL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.