HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Trade
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Trade
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 28, 2012 07:53AM

What the hell is with our brain trust?

They traded down from the 79th pick to the 78th plus a 6th rounder? What kind of value is that?

What has been the tradition of Miami's 6th round picks? Basically guys no one has ever heard of and 9 times out of 10 get cut.

Then they select Lamar Miller. Don't get me wrong; I think he is a good player but, IMO, is a luxury. The Fins already have 4-5 running backs on their roster. What -- Miami doesn't need a WR? Miami doesn't need a Guard?

So far, this is the only part of Miami's draft that I just don't understand. A 6th round pick brings almost no value. What they should have done is trade down and get next year's 3rd rounder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trade
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 07:54AM

didnt we get zach thomas in the 6th?

Date: April 28, 2012 07:57AM

No. Zach was a 5th rounder. Best Dolphins value pick EVER.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:01AM

I understand that it is possible to get a guy who ends up starting, but in the big picture and history of the league, that doesn't happen very often.

If Miami had kept that 79th pick, they could have gotten an "almost" sure starter, unless there just wasn't anyone left on their draft board who they thought could immediately help the team.

I just think that Miami had an advantage by having those two 3rd round picks, especially as high as they were.

Doubtful they will get much with that extra 6th round pick. Like I said, Miami should have forced SD to trade next year's 3rd rounder.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:05AM

we had 2 6ths so giving up one of them is no big deal. we still have our 5th and still WR names people talke about for the 3d are still on the board. so trade no big deal.
as for player, miller is a GREAT player. I saw him a lot and he looked like a 1st rounder to me. He was supposed to go in late first/early second. About time w pick value---I don't know what this means with d thomas but it's a good problem to have.
no complaints about what we did in the 4th. and guys, it's the FOURTH ROUND. nothing to get bent out of shape about

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:08AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the hell is with our brain trust?
>
> They traded down from the 79th pick to the 78th
> plus a 6th rounder? What kind of value is that?
>
>

???????

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:46AM

Oops! Wrong thread lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 08:51AM by 808phan.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:21AM

Truth, he meant we traded UP. not down.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:21AM

I’m thinking Philbin / Sherman have plans to spread Reggie out as a receiver and then work this kid out of the backfield... That's a LOT of speed all over the field in that case. Plug the TE into the equation and improved pass pro along with better scheming and simply a better system and maybe we score a TD 2 or 3 times a game!

We still need WR and additional OL IMO. I’m cool with another trade up if necessary. Maybe we can unload some of our trash in the process. Not sure…

Go Henne!

Oops. I forgot.

Go Thill!

BNF.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 28, 2012 10:04AM

I'm thinking Bush wont be re-signed next year either......out with the expensive old.......in with the new!

Date: April 28, 2012 10:15AM

Speed kills, use your best players. If I had Reggie to use and two good HBs I would play Bush as my "Moving slot" position for sure

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 28, 2012 12:07PM

Yes, we need to be adding speed to the roster. Not trading away or allowing to leave, one of the three, or four, players that actually have some.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 28, 2012 12:26PM

The only reason for trading up one spot with the team who has that spot is if you are convinced that they will take your pick.

I pray this was what happened here.

If not, it's stupider than what the Redskins did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.