Ryan Tannehill / Ben Rothlisberger
Date: April 27, 2012 09:33AM
Just noticing a number of similarities between these 2:
1. Big Ben came from a university not known for it's QBs (Miami of Ohio). Tannehill also comes from a university not known for QBs (Texas A&M).
2. Both were the first QBs ever taken in the 1st round from their respective schools.
3. Big Ben was 6'5"/215 when drafted. Tannehill is 6'4"/224. (similar size)
4. Both were the 3rd QB taken high in the 1st round in a draft where 4 QBs were taken (2004: 1,4,11,22. 2012: 1,2,8,22)
5. Pitt was 6-10 the year before drafting Big Ben. Miami was 6-10 the year before drafting Ryan Tannehill.
There are a number of differences in style, arm strength, etc.., but I find the parallels above quite interesting.
Stephen Ross addressing Tannehill's jersey #: "Hope one day we can retire this jersey."