Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thread updated....2012 Dolphins draft picks videos....Will keep updating..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thread updated....2012 Dolphins draft picks videos....Will keep updating..
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill becoming great - What type of supporting cast they build around him.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:29AM

I think Luck will have a 1st year like Peyton and Aikman had. Poor supporting cast, so very few wins. It will then be up to the Colts' front office to have a great draft next year. If they only win 1-2 games this coming season, they could really strike gold in the 2013 draft by trading down and stockpiling picks.

Re: Tannehill becoming great - What type of supporting cast they build around him.
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:29AM

I agree with you on WR next and OL following. Logical. Very logical holes to fill. thumbs up

Date: April 27, 2012 04:33AM

Luck has so much going against him. Colt fans are expecting a time machine back to 1998 with a baby Manning again. He will be dealing with alot more then just learning the game. RGIII is going to a much better place pressure wise.

That said, Tan has some pieces in place. But The dolphins have a long way to go giving him a balanced offense/defense. At least the Dolphins got interesting again. They have a direction now.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:33AM

I think Luck will do well next year. He'll just miss the pro-bowl

Date: April 27, 2012 04:39AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At least the Dolphins
> got interesting again. They have a direction now.

Amen!

Date: April 27, 2012 04:45AM

I think TE is our top need. Fasano is a good guy to keep in and block, but I don't see him being the next Dwight Clark. We need someone RT can feel confident he can check down to if no one else is open.

WR would be fine, but Clyde Gates is our wildcard. If he comes into his own we'll we may be fine at WR in Philbin's system.

We need to get consistent blocking from the O-Line. Nothing spectacular...just consistent (consistently good!).

Daniel Thomas is also a big wildcard here. If he can develop into that bruising back and trade time with Bush, then we should be very good at RB. If Thomas gets hurt or doesn't improve, then RB will be a big need.

Date: April 27, 2012 04:53AM

montequi Wrote:
> I think TE is our top need. Fasano is a good guy
> to keep in and block, but I don't see him being
> the next Dwight Clark. We need someone RT can
> feel confident he can check down to if no one else
> is open.
>
> WR would be fine, but Clyde Gates is our wildcard.
> If he comes into his own we'll we may be fine at
> WR in Philbin's system.
>
> We need to get consistent blocking from the
> O-Line. Nothing spectacular...just consistent
> (consistently good!).
>
> Daniel Thomas is also a big wildcard here. If he
> can develop into that bruising back and trade time
> with Bush, then we should be very good at RB. If
> Thomas gets hurt or doesn't improve, then RB will
> be a big need.

IAM high on both daniel thomas and clyde gates...NEgatives....Only thing Dthomas couldnt stay on the field with all the injuries and gates was inconsistent with some drops ....I think he had a couple drops there..

Positives...DThomas ran hard and was a good receiver out of the backfield...And clyde gates has all the speed in the world....but needs to catch the ball before turning up field.

clyde gates stuff is correctable but daniel thomas is not with the injuries....

Still a lot of talent and the phins organization hit on both picks.

Date: April 27, 2012 05:04AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
> I think Luck will do well next year. He'll just
> miss the pro-bowl

2 things....

I think luck will struggle in 2013 as well.

Big time.

the colts are just a very bad team right now.

On the other hand.......................................

Didnt they use to make the playoffs when manning was there....

Are they just a great qb away from been great?

They better hope luck is or will be as good as advertised.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 27, 2012 05:27AM

Date: April 27, 2012 05:35AM

I hope you are right phin jim but how in the world is he going to make it in the NFL if he hasnt played football since highschool.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 05:45AM

Clay looks like he'll be pretty good in this league.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:23AM

What makes Tannehill so great?

His stunning 7-6 record last year?

That he's statistically the second best QB from a school where QB has always been an afterthought?

That he was drafted at #8 by a GM who can't draft?

You are dreaming if you think that, three years from, anyone would rather have Tannehill than luck.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:26AM

What makes you a fan? You first 7 posts have been trolling.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 27, 2012 06:28AM

montequi Wrote:
> I think TE is our top need. Fasano is a good guy
> to keep in and block, but I don't see him being
> the next Dwight Clark. We need someone RT can
> feel confident he can check down to if no one else
> is open.
>
]

I agree. Big Reason why the Pats went to the dance was Gronkowski. And a big reason they lost was he was hurt. We need to address that with one of our 3rd round picks.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:34AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> What makes you a fan? You first 7 posts have been
> trolling.

Wow you are sensitive. Because I'm not kissing the butt of your favorite new player I'm a troll?

I think Tannehill is another waste of a QB pick and will set this team back 2-3 years, and that pisses me off.

I'm not the only one that thinks this is risky pick, just read comments from nearly all the draft experts.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:36AM

But you dont think it's a "risky pick"! You are already proclaiming him as a bust!

You are a troll!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 27, 2012 06:42AM

What QB in the first round isn't a risky pick? You think Luck is 100% ? tell that to the raiders after Russell or the Chargers after Leaf.

Stop being a dick. If you are a real Dolphins fan and not a troll you would be happy that the team has finally got some new blood and a direction. With a Face. Hell my 12 yr old son already wants a Tanehill Jersey! (he is still upset about losing Brandon Marshall) and wants to replace his #19 shirt.

Date: April 27, 2012 06:52AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think TE is our top need. Fasano is a good
> guy
> > to keep in and block, but I don't see him being
> > the next Dwight Clark. We need someone RT can
> > feel confident he can check down to if no one
> else
> > is open.
> >
> ]
>
> I agree. Big Reason why the Pats went to the dance
> was Gronkowski. And a big reason they lost was he
> was hurt. We need to address that with one of our
> 3rd round picks.

We're not likely to find another Gronkowski in the 3rd round. If, for some reason, the Colts pass on Fleener, we need to try to trade up to get him.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 27, 2012 09:36AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> What makes Tannehill so great?
>
> His stunning 7-6 record last year?
>
> That he's statistically the second best QB from a
> school where QB has always been an afterthought?
>
>
> That he was drafted at #8 by a GM who can't
> draft?
>
> You are dreaming if you think that, three years
> from, anyone would rather have Tannehill than
> luck.

We all have our opinions, DolFanKing, but why in the world are you so negative about Tanney?

I don't believe there has been one poster on this board who has said Tanney is going to be GREAT, so why are you emphasizing that word?

Right now, I am sure we are all hoping he learns the NFL game quickly and can step in at some point and take over this franchise. Let's get him to the position of being "good," then "very good," and hopefully finally to "great."

You also (as some others here on the board) haven't given Ireland a fair shake. Last year was his first full year at drafting, plus signing FAs (or not signing FAs). I think he has done a tremendous job in the players he DID NOT sign.

When this draft is over and done with, let's see what the results are in a couple of years. With the formula that 50% is a good draft, let's see where Ireland ends up. But hell, don't judge him as soon as this draft is done. He and his scouts have surely done their homework and probably know a hell of a lot more about these players than you and I put together, and probably the rest of the board as well.

Who knows what the situation will be three years from now. Luck may turn out to be that superstar QB that everyone expects him to be, but Indy turns out to be a mediocre team, whereas Miami has Tanney being a very good QB who has led his team to numerous playoffs. Who knows?

At least give the guy(s) the benefit of the doubt.

Again, we all have our opinions; that is mine.

Date: April 27, 2012 09:46AM

captkoi wrote: don't judge him as soon as this draft is done. He and his scouts have surely done their homework and probably know a hell of a lot more about these players than you and I put together, and probably the rest of the board as well.

Count me in.....And count these so called commentators who do not know jack either.

Date: April 27, 2012 09:52AM

Date: April 27, 2012 09:54AM

What the hell....

Wide Receivers:

1) Stephen Hill – Georgia Tech – At 6’4, Hill’s ability to stretch the field is terrific averaging over 29 yards per reception last season. He also has 4.3 speed and would be a welcomed addition to the needs of the Dolphins at this position.

6'4 with 4.3 speed?????

I dont know much about college players i know some though...

Take him right now....Am sure tannehill would appresiate the phins drafting this guy.

Date: April 27, 2012 09:58AM

How about lucks favorite target TE fleener?

he is 6'6......

Please do not phreaking reach today....

Go for the best OL WR OR TE prospect....Id be sick if they reach for an unknown like years before....They draft a player i dont know about and i always go WHO THE F....is that bro,,,,,

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 27, 2012 10:00AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What makes you a fan? You first 7 posts have
> been
> > trolling.
>
>
> Wow you are sensitive. Because I'm not kissing
> the butt of your favorite new player I'm a troll?
>
> I think Tannehill is another waste of a QB pick
> and will set this team back 2-3 years, and that
> pisses me off.
>
> I'm not the only one that thinks this is risky
> pick, just read comments from nearly all the draft
> experts.

He's not being sensitive; just logical.

Tanney is NO ONE'S favorite player (on this board). He is, in most of our opinion's, the more logical player (at this point). Miami needs a QB; Tanney was rated the 3rd best in this draft.

Set this team back 3-4 years? You're kidding, right? Where has this team been over the last 10+ years? Irrevelant and without the majority of their fan base, that's where. You haven't even given Tanney a chance to step into a Dolphins huddle, yet. Give the guy a couple of years and if he proves to be another Rick Norton, then come back with the "told you so's." However, I hope you can also take the "told you so's" if he does prove to be "the guy."

True, the draft "experts" have said he is a risky pick, but only because of his lack of college QB game experience, not because of his talent. They have also said that they pretty much agree with the Miami pick.

BTW, you have never said who your pick would have been.

Re: Thread updated....Dolphins draft picks videos....Will keep updating..
Date: April 28, 2012 06:48AM

I just added some videos on top and i will keep updating and adding videos of players as they get drafted....

So far weve picks 3 offensive players and 1 defensive player...IMO we are doing what we need to do so far..

I wouldn't be mad if we pick from now on 2 receivers maybe 3....Another OL player and another pass rusher....

Just concentrate on offense this year in the draft and a couple of pass rushers...

Its not like we will complete the rebuilding process in 2012....Next year we can concentrate on defense.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 28, 2012 06:57AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I just added some videos on top and i will keep
> updating and adding videos of players as they get
> drafted....
>
> So far weve picks 3 offensive players and 1
> defensive player...IMO we are doing what we need
> to do so far..
>
> I wouldn't be mad if we pick from now on 2
> receivers maybe 3....Another OL player and another
> pass rusher....
>
> Just concentrate on offense this year in the draft
> and a couple of pass rushers...
>
> Its not like we will complete the rebuilding
> process in 2012....Next year we can concentrate on
> defense.

We really do need two wr's in this draft but if we go BPA I'm not complaining.

Bobbie Massie in the 4th wouldn't suck.

The only positions that should be off our draft board at this point are QB, K and P.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 06:59AM

Date: April 28, 2012 07:19AM

I dont think its merged berk....I just changed the title...

Re: Thread updated....2012 Dolphins draft picks videos....Will keep updating..
Date: April 29, 2012 08:20AM

Ok updated the top with more videos will update with more tommorrow at work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.