HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Report: Dolphins in trade down mode
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Report: Dolphins in trade down mode
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:10AM

According to multiple sources, Dolphins are in contact with atleast 3 teams with discussions on trade down possibilities....

Be on the look out.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Report: Dolphins in trade down mode
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:16AM

Armondo admitted in a column yesterday, that the Dolphins are floating that rumor to try and drum up some partners. Maybe it worked.

Date: April 26, 2012 08:36AM

Thats what I've been hoping for all along.....we have too many holes to fill. Try for a QB next year if you don't believe in this years crop.

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:36AM

I hope so ! This team needs serious help. I do believe the rebuilding has begun ! Lots of talent in this draft no reason to get hung up on the 8th pick. GO Dolphins smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:39AM

I wanted them to trade down all along.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:42AM

if Thill is there at 8 he should still be there @15-16.

If we pass on him he could slide a lot and play right back into our hands...

That would be cool by me. Pick up a deuce and go OLB/DE and OL in R2.

R3 = 2WR or best whatever

BUT. Irealnd has got to hit on the freaking picks and stop whiffing in R2 3 4 etc. We need a great draft to turn this shit around RIGHT NOW!

Do it. Or get out of town!

BNF.

Date: April 26, 2012 09:13AM

Opting to trade down and hope the QB is still on the board is the wrong approach to me.

The QB is the only position that if you feel he will be a franchise guy, then you take him at the spot you have.

If we are willig to roll the dice on him in a trade down scenario, then that tells me we are not 100% on the guy and I would be willing to not even draft him.

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:24AM

Problem is nobody wants to deal with him. He tried moving down last year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:33AM

but the year before we traded down with SD. and last year we traded up. So I am not buying "no one wants to deal with him"

Date: April 26, 2012 09:34AM

I think the point is we have a TON of needs still on the board and #8 seems too rich for Thill. If we trade down and he's gone then just go after one of the many glaring needs we have. This team isn't going to be make or break with any one player right now.

The more I think about the crappy shape ths roster is in the more I don't like it. And now that the draft is HERE I honesty don't think Ireland is capable of putting together a solid draft top to bottom.

I hope I'm like totally wrong. But I don't have a positive feeling right now and as a fan, I sould. But...

Date: April 26, 2012 09:41AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Opting to trade down and hope the QB is still on
> the board is the wrong approach to me.
>
> The QB is the only position that if you feel he
> will be a franchise guy, then you take him at the
> spot you have.
>
> If we are willig to roll the dice on him in a
> trade down scenario, then that tells me we are not
> 100% on the guy and I would be willing to not even
> draft him.

I agree 100%, if we pass on him @ #8, that tells me all I need to know about him.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:44AM

There is no point in waiting for a QB. Look at what happened in 2008. We went 1-15 in 2007. Out of the blue, everything fell right, and we go 11-5 next year. David Garrard was a Pro Bowl QB in 2010. What if he steps in, our schedule plays out sort of soft, and we go 8-8 or 9-7. We still need a QB for the future, and we'll be in a worse position to take one.

If you have a chance to get a guy who you think can be your long term answer, you take him. Simple.

Date: April 26, 2012 09:53AM

eesti Wrote:
> Problem is nobody wants to deal with him. He tried
> moving down last year.

Yep, The League thinks Irelend is a penis. Ross won't get anything done with him.

Date: April 26, 2012 10:12AM

Adam Schefter is now reporting it too.

---------------------

Date: April 26, 2012 10:28AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> but the year before we traded down with SD. and
> last year we traded up. So I am not buying "no one
> wants to deal with him"

Yeah maybe so but he's not pulling off any great trades.

Basically all we got out of the deal was Koa Misi and in swapping 4th rounders we lost out on players like Aaron Hernandez and Dennis Pitta and got Tim Dobbins and still had to give up a 6th.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 26, 2012 10:53AM

The trading down rumor could all be Tannehill related. If Miami is trading down, then KC and Seattle don't have to move up to take Tannehill, and it lets Miami take him at #8. There is no point in taking stock in anything reported. Unless it's from Gil Brandt.

Date: April 26, 2012 11:20AM

Pat Kirwan just said that he has talked to multiple teams that said they absolutely will take Tannehill in the first round if Miami passes on him or trades down. He mentioned Buffalo, Kansas City, Seattle, and Cleveland (at #22) as the teams Miami was to be worried about when it comes to Tannehill.

Date: April 26, 2012 11:38AM

Buffalo is rumored to be trying to trade up with Minnesota but i thought it was for Kalil.

Date: April 26, 2012 11:42AM

I love the guy," said former Dallas player personnel director Gil Brandt. "I talked to Billick and I said, 'How could you ever compare him to Russell?' I mean, it's like comparing New York City to Big Sky, Montana. There's no comparison.

"I like everything about him. He's the only person in history who's done this: He's beaten Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas in the same season, and he did it in five games (2010). Does that tell you anything? The first time out he threw for 400 yards. The guy's got accuracy, and he's smart as hell. I don't know what is bad about the guy."

Tannehill is a former receiver who had 112 catches in his career before converting to quarterback, and his resume under center includes 19 starts. Period. That's not much, but it's three more than Mark Sanchez at USC and five more than last year's No. 1 choice, Cam Newton, at Auburn.

CBS Sports

Date: April 26, 2012 11:43AM

Wow.

---------------------

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:57AM

I guess Gil overlooks the fact that he also lost to the 2 of them he played in 2011...
Maybe he doesnt realize that Texas A&M doesnt play Nebraska ever year... SO that is kind of a weird, statement... He makes it sound like they all are on A&M schedule every year...lol

I think Gil is a homer on this guy, they are both from Texas..... for all we know he is getting coin to push this guy...

If Tannehill repeated his winning ways in 2011, I personally would have a much different opinion on him.. but he didnt, his team was ranked 8 going into the season and fell off the ranking charts rather quickly, after losing 2 of the first 4 to open the season in 2011, and follow that up with 4 more losses before the season was over..
All Gil wants to talk about, is his 5 or 6 games in 2010, when no one had tape on him or idea of the guys strengths and weaknesses.. Much easier to play ball when no one has tape to watch and study on you IMO..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 26, 2012 12:05PM

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 26, 2012 12:40PM

The trade down rumors may be out there to throw off the teams before us, and maybe a few teams after us.
It sends the signal that we're not sold on him, us being the team that has the most intel on him.
We could be in "negotiations" with other interested parties, asking for rediculously high compensation, just to get the rumors flying.
Then we take him, and add a pick or two as well.

Date: April 26, 2012 01:55PM

Crowder, you know I've been a part of the "draft Tannehill" camp, but I don't put much stock in Gil Brandt either. I like the guy and think he's entertaining, but he probably met Tannehills grandma once or something.

Date: April 26, 2012 02:04PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Crowder, you know I've been a part of the "draft
> Tannehill" camp, but I don't put much stock in Gil
> Brandt either. I like the guy and think he's
> entertaining, but he probably met Tannehills
> grandma once or something.

2007 draft. Sirius NFL Radio. Dolphins on the board. Brady Quinn available. They go around their table. Every guy on the broadcast says Miami must be taking Quinn. They get to Gil Brandt. He flat out says, "They are taking Ted Ginn Jr." Everyone scoffs at him. Gil was right.

2010 draft. Brandt says that we are either going to take Demaryius Thomas at #12, or more likely, trading down. Once the trade is made, Brandt says that the Dolphins will hope that Jared Odrick is there at #28.

2011 draft. Brandt correctly predicts 27 of the first round picks.

When he says a guy is going somewhere, it's a really good bet that's where he's going.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 02:10PM

So because he predicts us reaching and taking Tedd Ginn, how exactly does that prove he is a good evaluator of talent...
Becasue he predicted us making a foolish pick, that didnt pan out? What a wizard...lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 26, 2012 02:12PM

Damn. Is Gil Brandt a shaman?

Is he into voodoo?

We need some of his mojo.

Gil, tune into Ireland's frequeny. It's at:

www.lostandlookingformyprotractor.com

Date: April 26, 2012 02:24PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> So because he predicts us reaching and taking
> Tedd Ginn, how exactly does that prove he is a
> good evaluator of talent...
> Becasue he predicted us making a foolish pick,
> that didnt pan out? What a wizard...lol

Obviously, predicting we would take Ted Ginn is not the same as saying Ted Ginn was worth the pick, so it says nothing about his ability to evaluate talent. It simply says that he knows where players are going to be taken.

As for his ability to evaluate talent, oh, I don't know, his 60 years in the NFL as a scout, front office executive, and analyst, as well as being the first guy to use computer analysis of players, and the first guy to scout internationally, and being one of the founders of the scouting combine, maybe, just maybe, might make him slightly more qualified to evaluate talent than anyone who posts on this message board. Maybe.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:18PM

We should several teams , Cowboys, Eagles, NE looking to move up for Barron, Kuechly,

We could drop down and pick up 2 -3 picks!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:20PM

if kalil is on the board do we take him over tanehill or any defensive guy? it is a possiblity

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.