HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ravens-Chiefs trade rumor..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ravens-Chiefs trade rumor..
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 16, 2009 06:25AM

KC is supposedly close to making a deal with Baltimore that would send Dwayne Bowe to the Ravens for a 2nd round pick.

Do you think we should try and jump into this trade and see if we can give our 2nd to KC for Bowe?

Opinions?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ravens-Chiefs trade rumor..
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 16, 2009 07:06AM

I wouldn't. Wasn't Moss traded to NE for a 4th rounder? I've seen Pro Bowl WRs traded for 2nd rounders. This guy isn't at that level, at least not yet.

If Baltimore is willing to give up a 2nd, it's because they feel they're really close and are looking for the final pieces. I don't think we're there yet, and I'd like to see not only how our own WRs develop but what we can do next year in the draft.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 16, 2009 07:58AM

I'd do it. We're not going to get a WR of that quality in the 2d round next year, and we get him for this season too. It doesn't really matter about other trades in the past--Moss went for a 4th b/c the Raiders are idiots. Edwards went essentially for more than a 2d. TO etc went for 2d rounders and they had baggage Bowe does not (though I admit TO at the time was better than Bowe is now). Hell, Roy Williams went for a 1st and 3d--Bowe is better than him so I'd say a 2d is fair.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:41AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 16, 2009 10:03AM

I don't see us trading for a WR until we see what henning and the offense can do with existing WRs off the play action

Wouold love to see a tru #1, but don't see us giving up high draft picks now

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 16, 2009 11:32AM

funny story related to this…I have an ongoing ‘bet for nothing more than bragging rights’ with one of the youth in our church regarding who is and will be the better receiver – Bowe or Ginn. A few weeks ago, he conceded to me that Ginn would likely win this week because Bowe was injured and was to sit out the game. In an ironic twist, Ginn played the entire San Diego game without any catches. We agreed that it was a tie, but that Bowe was probably more rested at the end of the day.

PS – I’m so glad he caught that 53-yard ball Monday night :-)

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 16, 2009 11:33AM

Huh WHAT?? DBowe for second, are you serious... i would take that in a heart beat. We need a big strong fast good sure handed route running #2, is there a better #2 in the game? Please someone throw one out cause I cant think of one. And the randy moss thing is a terrible example. He was shipped out, everyone know he is arguably the best wr in the history of the nfl. you cant judge it by his #4 trade, the raiders are idiots... that is why that coach was gone after what 1 year!

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 16, 2009 11:57AM

YES, do it. Nobody we pick in Rd 2 of the draft will be as good as Dwayne Bowe. Period, end of story! Bowe is a legit #1 WR in this league and he is YOUNG with the best years of his career in front of him!!!

Look, at some point you gotta do SOMETHING to improve this offense and WR corp. I mean open up the checkbook, pay somebody!!! I mean Camarillo and Bess are good players, not knocking them....but if the ULTIMATE GOAL is to win a super bowl, we gotta go out and get a proven impact player at WR. Bess and Camarillo won't cut it. I mean 86 recpt for over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's with the likes of Croyal and Thigpen last year, that shows this kid is legit!!! A 2nd round pick for Bowe is a steal for Miami

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 16, 2009 12:16PM

With our recent pickup of Tyler Thigpen, we’ll have another valuable data point regarding the value of Bowe. Living in KC, I get an overdose of normally unwanted Chiefs info. Bowe was in Todd Haley’s doghouse. I think it’s interesting that he has been able to flourish almost right out of the gate on a team that was in decline when he arrived and has been one of the worst over the past 3 years. QB instability, an OL that is porous this year and is nothing like the KC line with Roaf, Shields, Tait, Watters, etc. No major WR threat opposite him (though Gonzo was there, I think it’s telling that Bowe has flourished this year even w/o him). Their running game has been spotty even though they have Larry Johnson (who is doing abysmally this year). I’ve never really thought that much of him as a receiver, but it is remarkable that he has been able to achieve such early-career success given his environment.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 17, 2009 05:33AM

Date: October 17, 2009 07:12AM

the picks don't all have to be in next year draft. I would give a 2nd this year. a 5th next year. Then throw in a 6th or whatever in this years.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 10:02AM

Date: October 17, 2009 11:56AM

hell yeah

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 17, 2009 02:36PM

If we could get Bowe for a 2nd rounder and extend his contract then I would do it now.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:17PM

Why would the picks be spread over 2 years? That makes no sense at all.

KC would take the Ravens trade then, if that was the case. The only way KC would think that sorry offer would top the Ravens offer is if we gave them 2 high picks in consecutive yrs.

Date: October 18, 2009 07:06AM

because paying a bunch of rookies at once is difficult. And Pioli is from New England where they are always trading for picks ONE DRAFT ahead

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 18, 2009 03:37PM

We need Bowe. Marshall or Bolden to open things up and give us a real big receiving threat that makes other receivers better

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.