Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Scary report on Tannehill in todays paper from ex Chicago Bears director of scouting
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Scary report on Tannehill in todays paper from ex Chicago Bears director of scouting
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 10:26AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scary report on Tannehill in todays paper from ex Chicago Bears director of scouting
Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 10:50AM

Tannehill is not worth a first round pick. If the Phins pick him at #8, it will prove to me that this team is inept. Tannehill is a "project". You never waste a first round pick on a "project". I can't wait till draft day to see what they do ......eye popping smiley

Re: Scary report on Tannehill in todays paper from ex Chicago Bears director of scouting
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:00AM

It's interesting, but I still say it's the scouting report that Sherman gives on him that matters most to me......we shall see in 8 days.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:03AM

I don't understand this "don't waste a pick on a project" when it comes to QBs. It is the exceptionally rare QB who is ready to play and succeed right away, and most usually benefit from a year on the bench

Date: April 18, 2012 11:08AM

I have made myself open to the idea of it happening, because i dont want to be pissed if we do it...
But this articles makes a pretty strong argument of his questions marks.... I am trying to have trust in Ireland, becasue of what he did last year... but nervous.... This Tannehill thing could all be a big smoke screen for all we know, and the management are loving it, covering up some other strong move they really want to make...who knows...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:11AM

Second half blown leads is the reason why Sherman got the axe.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:14AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Second half blown leads is the reason why Sherman
> got the axe.

Too bad for sherman Tannehill played WR instead of cb...smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 18, 2012 11:19AM

In the famous words of Ghotirule....

Eggggzactly.

---------------------

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:30AM

I had read complaints of the blown leads on Aggie sites. I still think the guy will become a solid nfl qb. I still believe grabbing him at 8 is a reach.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:38AM

THE Truth Wrote:

> Too bad for sherman Tannehill played WR instead of
> cb...smiling bouncing smiley

Yeah, if it had been me playing WR instead of Tannehill, those leads would have been too big to overcome. hot smiley

----------------------

Date: April 18, 2012 11:38AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> I had read complaints of the blown leads on Aggie
> sites. I still think the guy will become a solid
> nfl qb. I still believe grabbing him at 8 is a
> reach.

Doesn't this kind of thinking go right along with the "Value" thread that the Truth started? "A solid NFL QB" is what? top 10, top 12? To me, a top 10 QB is worth #8......or is it?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:40AM

It's all up to the Phins front office. We all have our opinions but there is only one that counts.

Date: April 18, 2012 11:57AM

Date: April 18, 2012 02:44PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I don't understand this "don't waste a pick on a
> project" when it comes to QBs. It is the
> exceptionally rare QB who is ready to play and
> succeed right away, and most usually benefit from
> a year on the bench

Just a few months ago Tannahill was a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. Now he is a "1st round pick" ???? You must believe in magic ???? Reminds me of Vernon Gholston. He played college football at Ohio State and was drafted sixth overall by the New York Jets in the 2008 Draft. Gholston and Tannehill have the same scenario. Gholston is considered a bust today. Remember, Tannehills coach moved him to WR from QB. So tell me, how much did his coach value his potential at the QB position ? I will tell you ..... zero ! What a waste of a pic at #8

Date: April 18, 2012 02:46PM

Also reminds me of Cam Newton. Full of potential, raw, in-experienced, most think will be overdrafted.

---------------------

Date: April 18, 2012 03:01PM

If you believe in magic and unicorns .....

Date: April 18, 2012 03:05PM

rick1355 Wrote:
> If you believe in magic and unicorns .....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Yeah, thats true, Rick.

I should have noted the striking differences...

Cam Newton had serious character flaws and Tannehill is of high character.

My bad, Rick.

---------------------

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 18, 2012 03:16PM

I read the headline of this thread and got scared.

I read the first post and my hands started to sweat.

Then I remembered that John Elway was 20-23 at Stanford, was the top pick in the draft and went on to a hall of fame career and everything suddenly got better.

smiling bouncing smiley

(And no, I'm not comparing Tannehill to Elway talenwise).

Date: April 18, 2012 03:18PM

Potential and character don't win football games. Talent and determination does. Didn't you ever play football ?

Date: April 18, 2012 03:19PM

Nope. Never played. Never seen. Never heard. Never.

---------------------

Posted by: Offerdahl ()
Date: April 18, 2012 03:20PM

I do not have a crystal ball, but I strongly suspect that Tannehill will be an outright bust in the NFL.

The poor production numbers are a huge warning. Tom Brady (despite not having a huge arm or great foot speed) was enormously productive, and he got the nickname "comeback kid" in Michigan.

What do you suppose the future will hold for the "anti-comeback kid"? Does anyone have a list of QB's that struggled in college but blossomed in the NFL?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 03:21PM by Offerdahl.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 03:38PM

His closest comparison is likely Matt Cassell

Date: April 18, 2012 03:41PM

I hope all this Tannehill talk is a smoke screen. Pat white had better stats !

Date: April 18, 2012 03:47PM

Date: April 18, 2012 04:08PM

I will agree with you on that A&O. If the Phins pick him I will be 100% for him. My concern is that Tannehill is not worth the #8 pick. I would prefer him somewhere close to where he belongs in the 3rd round.

Date: April 18, 2012 04:13PM

rick1355 Wrote:

> Just a few months ago Tannahill was a late 2nd or
> 3rd round pick.

Who says he was a late 2nd or 3rd rnd pick? Just curious

Date: April 18, 2012 04:19PM

Yeah, I'm curious about that one, too.

---------------------

Date: April 18, 2012 04:54PM

Date: April 18, 2012 05:07PM

Well for every one of those type articles, we can find 5 that "real" analyst love him.

---------------------

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 18, 2012 05:11PM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.