Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Did anyone expect Bil Parcells to be this Hands Off?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Did anyone expect Bil Parcells to be this Hands Off?
Posted by: LikeUntoGod ()
Date: December 27, 2008 07:21AM

We have not heard a peep from him.

I have even more respect for him that he hired coaches and then let them do their job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did anyone expect Bil Parcells to be this Hands Off?
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 27, 2008 08:47AM

he has always been a behind the scene guy. I think that no one except those in the circle really know the extent or lack their of of parcells involvement. I saw something on sparano early in the year where he was encoraging parcells to interact more with the players and that he would not see it as parcells bullying him out of being the head coach.

I take that as parcells putting guys that he has great confidence in in office and letting them do what they do.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 27, 2008 09:19AM

Yes... he was hired to be President of Football operations, and that is exactly the role he is playing.

If he wanted to be Coach or GM, he could have easily taken those roles... but he didn't. His job was to come in here and put the right people in place to build a winning environment, and he has done exactly that. I am almost glad we had to suffer through the last couple of seasons to get to where we are now, because I think we now will be set to be competitive, if not a contendor year in and year out because of what Parcells and Co. have built.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2008 01:58PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 27, 2008 05:47PM

Yes. I said from the beginning that he would be mentoring both Ireland and Sparano on how to do their jobs.

He has been at practice, talking to players, talking to the coaches, and Ireland, having a say in all things but saying nothing about anything to the media.

This upcoming draft is an important one and he will have a strong hand again, but by the end of next season I think Bill will just be watching what he made.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 27, 2008 06:36PM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This upcoming draft is an important one and he
> will have a strong hand again, but by the end of
> next season I think Bill will just be watching
> what he made.

I was one of many who feared what COULD HAVE happened with Parcells in Miami, where he comes in, makes major changes, then bolts after a couple years. Well, based on what he has established here in Miami, I do NOT fear Bill leaving anymore. I think Sparano will be our HC for MANY years to come. I'm happy with Ireland.

I commend Bill for building an excellent foundation. I felt our front office fell apart when Shula left, and, until now, no one had done what was necessary to fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2008 06:36PM by montequi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.