Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Can this really be? RG3 over Luck!?!? Uh-oh...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can this really be? RG3 over Luck!?!? Uh-oh...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 27, 2012 02:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can this really be? RG3 over Luck!?!? Uh-oh...
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 27, 2012 02:40PM

LOL. One thing is for sure. If Indy goes RGIII, it won't take long for the Redkskins to "console" themselves with Andrew Luck.

Date: March 27, 2012 02:51PM

Maybe if the Colts go RGIII.......we can get that second round pick back from the Skins? Give them the Two first rounders and All 3 3rd rounders. smileys with beer

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 03:51PM

RG3's PR team at work!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 27, 2012 05:32PM

Jim Irsay + bong + smart phone = crazy ass tweets

Date: March 27, 2012 06:39PM

Lol.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 29, 2012 03:20PM

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 01:12PM

The thing you are forgetting captkoi is that Luck is athletic as well. He is not a sitting duck back there and won't be afraid to move around or even rush for yards. Luck ran a mid 4.6 forty. Impressive plus he is 6'4" 235. He could easily have run an offense similar to Auburn with Newton or Tebow with Florida, although the runs wouldn't have been quite as effective.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 31, 2012 01:21PM

Hey follow me on ex NFL players who sucked at QB my biggest fan was Aqua. Get real dude you can't see the forest filled with trees because your'e a Luck Hater. Griffin never played in a conventional pro offense , but that dosen't matter to you. Well because he's great no matter what. What kind of logic is that?

Date: March 31, 2012 02:28PM

Really finshady? Taking pot shots at me for no reason?

Get over yourself jabroni.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 04:08PM

finshady, I am trying to get a read on your type of QB.

Would you mind listing some QBs, college and pro, that you think are very good? Your five favorite at each level and your favorite prospects as well.

Also, for the record, I don't think A&O is a luck hater. He just likes RGIII more.

Date: March 31, 2012 04:18PM

Again, I think Andrew Luck is the real deal. I have said that over and over. I just think RG3 is going to prove to be a transcedent player. Just like Cam Newton did, and I correctly predicted.

The only reason I can pin point finshady's hate is because I have named to QB's, who happen to be Black, and he does not like it one bit.

Now, I am now calling him a racist. But, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....

---------------------

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 01, 2012 09:53AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really finshady? Taking pot shots at me for no
> reason?
>
>

You take a LOT more pot shots at him than he does at you. In fact you do it two posts afterward.

You race-bait him over and over and over again. It's getting old.

Date: April 01, 2012 12:55PM

What do I say, JC?

Cam Newton is good? If that is a pot shot at him, then there is a major problem.

---------------------

Date: April 01, 2012 03:10PM

You actually call me a racaist in several posts, but that doesn't bother me because I have many black clients who know other wise. What exactly does transcendent mean Aqua? Does he hover over the huddle before taking the snap, or is he able to hit light speed at the turn of the corner I wonder. It's statements like transcendent that make my point. The QB position is played behind center, and the great one's are able to stay in the pocket and deliver strikes. We will never see eye too eye on who makes the best QB, but give me Marino over anyone you choose who going to transcedend the postion, and my team will still beat your 8 out of 10 times. Because look at the great ones today. I won't name them but, what makes them great. It's their ability to
get the ball too their playmakers at precisely the right time to keep drives alive, and score touch downs that's it really. The great ones can do this every game the mediocre can't clearly. I have watched many athletic QB's in my time that were going to change the postion, and all of them but a few failed. It's because they never fully learn how to stay in the pocket, and deliver the football. If they can't do that then I don't care how fast they run or how far they can throw. They won't make it in this league for very long. If my statements make me a racist to you then so be it because I know most people on this board agree with me, and my point of view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:19AM by Finshady.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 03, 2012 05:37AM

Irsay just tweeted that RG3 has declined a private workout for the Colts. WOW!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 03, 2012 05:41AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Irsay just tweeted that RG3 has declined a private
> workout for the Colts. WOW!

Smart kid.

Date: April 03, 2012 05:42AM

lol...too funny.

---------------------

Date: April 03, 2012 05:47AM

Andrew Luck has such a weird voice, sounds like he has a chicken strip caught in his throat.

---------------------

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 03, 2012 07:28AM

why would rg3 decline the interview with the colts? he's been bitching about how they aren't thinking of taking him 1st, and then he declines the interview? even if he thinks they are not serious and just playing games, you still go on the interview. maybe you convince them to take you, maybe not, what does it hurt? what am I missing here?

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: April 03, 2012 07:47AM

Colts aren't dumb enough to pass on Andrew Luck.

Griffin and Tannehill are both getting incredibly overhyped because people are *bored* of how good Andrew Luck is.

Folks, I'll be happy if we draft Tannehill, but #3 overall? Lol.

Date: April 03, 2012 08:22AM

Thank you RJay for a bit of reasoning taking Griffin or Tannhill after luck means you've ruined your franchise short term if they're a bust.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 03, 2012 08:25AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> why would rg3 decline the interview with the
> colts? he's been bitching about how they aren't
> thinking of taking him 1st, and then he declines
> the interview? even if he thinks they are not
> serious and just playing games, you still go on
> the interview. maybe you convince them to take
> you, maybe not, what does it hurt? what am I
> missing here?

The original post said he turned down a private workout. He should defiantly talk to them but he has nothing to gain by working out for the colts who are late to the party.

If griffin were interested in going #1 or to the colts he'd jump at the chance. Ask yourself why he isn't:

1 - doesn't have to try to replace god in DC

2 - DC has super bowl winning hc who runs west coast offense and loved this kid so much he traded 3 first round picks and a second for him. Colts just figured out he's worth looking at.

3 - with rookie wage scale going #1 or #2 is the same.

4 - no tony dingy waiting for him in Indy. no bill polian. They
have rookie hc and gm.

Why would he want to go to Indy?

Date: April 03, 2012 08:43AM

he's been saying all along how pissed he was the the colts were only talking about luck and not him as #1 overall. That shows me he wants to be #1 overall. I can't really see why any player wouldn't want the honor/respect that comes with being the #1 overall pick, unless he's mentally weak which by all accounts RG3 is not. Plus WAS is as dysfunctional is it gets, so it's not like going to the Colts is THAT much worse....

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 03, 2012 08:51AM

Dear Finshady: the reason you appear racist is the fact that you discount certain qb's that are mobile (cam, RG3) however guys like Luck you have no problem with. here is my problem, you are always talking about pure pocket passers however if you watch luck he is anything but that. he ran an unoffical 4.59 which by qb standards is very fast and tested through the roof atheletically for the position (vertical, broad jump ect). So how can you be so high on luck when he is a mobile qb? Infact he is not really a pocket passer since he is much better passer on the run.

Conclusion: rarely do i ever agree with A&O but you either have a problem with colored qb's or you never watched luck play. I really dont see any other possibilities and i consider myself very open minded. I will also say that your opinions are that of the 60's, there is a new era. not only are black qb's coming out mobile but if you look so are the white ones. Rarely do you find statues that throw exclusively from the pocket anymore. Look at rogers, brees, romo, guys like that are all very atheletic and move quite frequently. I dont see the difference between them and RG3, im just saying...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:53AM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 03, 2012 08:58AM

Where are all of the articles where RGIII is bitching about the Colts?
I do not blame him about the workout. That's what film and the combine is for. I think the kid is ready to play for whoever. I have not seen that much bitching from him. Much, much more bitching from some of the posters here than from him.

Date: April 03, 2012 09:02AM

apparently RG3 isn't going to do private workout for anyone, so I guess this is not a diss of the colt's specifically (however if he wanted to go #1 he should workout for the colts, only 2 teams are possibly going to take him and the skins are a lock at 2 unless the colts nab him first)

as to reports about RG3 complaining about not being considered for the #1 overall, I know I've heard/read this somewhere on a number of occasions. Not going to try to research this but i did hear it on ESPN or NFL radio a few times.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: April 03, 2012 10:36AM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 03, 2012 11:13AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
but I also don't think either player
> is comparable to Luck.

To be honest i dont see how you can say that if luck is not the focus of the offense. Stanford is a power run team that passes as a second option. How can anyone say he is better when he is not the focus of the team. Lets look at greats, jordan, P. manning, Jeter, Pele, Gretsky, what do these guys have in common? When the opposing team is game planning these guys are way at the top of the list of guys we have to stop. How is luck great if the first thing you have to stop is stanfords running attack?

Heres what it is, based on college luck is a projection. Watch stanford play and this is obvious. Like i said i watched plenty of stanford games, the focus was the run back with gerhart and it is still the focus with Stephon taylor (stanford current rb). Great players demand attention, how great can he be great as the second option? He may be a tremendous pro but his college resume does not speak to the #1 guy in the nation, the fact he lost the heisman race is proof of that... im just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 11:14AM by Miami Reppa.

Date: April 03, 2012 06:01PM

Miamia Reppa I don't like the fact that just because a few blacks can play QB in the pro's that their going to some how change the position. Like you said the postion has been changing for several years. Why does it have to change even more now that some athletic blacks are going to play the postion. An athletic QB too me is one that will have a short career if he can't stay in the pocket, and make throws. I watched Luck when he was a freshman at Stanford well becuase I liked watching Toby Gerhart any thing wrong with that bye the way? Luck was damn good as a fresman, and I knew that he was going to be the best QB taken when he decided to turn pro. That said Newton played one year so did Griffin really, and they both played from the spread. A bad offense for a pro QB to run while still in college. So yes I have my reservations about both of them Newton did it with his legs, but teams will figure him out this year, and Griffin played against pop warner defenses really. So you see I like the old school drop back passers, and I think they will always be around. what is Matt barkley anyone? I rest my case the best QB in next years draft is clearly a classic drop back old style QB named Matt Barkley so you see The postion can have both players, but I prefer the Barkleys over the runners.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.