HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How can this possibly be?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How can this possibly be?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 27, 2012 05:53AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can this possibly be?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 27, 2012 06:06AM

"They're great! No way in HELL I'll work for them, though" drinking smiley

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 27, 2012 06:14AM

Working for Ross & Ireland was indeed 1 option.

Working for the Rams, hiring your own GM, having the 2nd pick in the draft, having a franchise Qb was the other option.

yeah, I guess he's lying about Ross & Irelandwinking smiley

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 27, 2012 06:22AM

Easy - He said what he saw:

I find it lame that fans just keep on supporting the Media crap on and on about a few disgruntled player comments, and the onslaught of media who got caught being publicly stupid and have to cover it up by ongoing criticism to prove themselves right ... when they weren't.

1. Didn't get Fisher. Not where he wanted to go . So what? Free market, cut the inferiority complex and move on the guy spoke clearly about how he saw Ross and Ireland.
- Why can't you accept his words as having a positive merit.

2. You hear the whining from disgruntled players that were released and you take that as gospel? Why don't you think they have a predjudiced position.

3. Didn't get Manning ... is that such a surprise. That Elway with a ton more cap room and a relationshiop with Manning did?
- Doesn't surprise me and just because the media made it sound like a lock, doesn't make it right.
- And it doesn't make Ross and Ireland stupid.
- It makes the media stupid ... which they aren't really, as dumb as the fans that swallow their stories hook line and sinker and then get mad cause the dreams didn't come true like the pundants said it would. Whew

4. Didn't get Flynn so Ross and Ireland are stupid.
- Maybe they are smart for not over paying . Don't you think Philbin would have made it know what the worth of the player is?
- More media hype

I'll give you that Ireland isn't so smooth in communications management, but he's not all that the "media and fan hanger on types" are making it out to be.

It is however LAME to keep excusing the media hype and cover up as a reason for throwing the FO under the bus for what has happened thus far.

I take Fisher's comments as good honest input from someone who was there, and as someone not losing their mind because the media predictions from the pundants was just premature ... like most always ... when they are out to sell you a story.

Just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 06:24AM by Phinjim.

Date: March 27, 2012 07:25AM

PhinJim, you do realize my original post was tounge in cheek right?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:39AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Working for Ross & Ireland was indeed 1 option.
>
> Working for the Rams, hiring your own GM, having
> the 2nd pick in the draft, having a franchise Qb
> was the other option.
>
>
> yeah, I guess he's lying about Ross & Irelandwinking smiley

Sure, but he doesn't have the 2nd pick anymore (ok, he's got #6 instead), and he doesn't have a DC either! I wonder if there's a little buyer's remorse?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:11AM

I am sure those 3 first round picks and extra second and having sam bradford will soothe whatever "remorse" fisher has over losing his DC.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:10AM

Dolph, come on now, What did you expect Fisher to say they were neurotic so I didnt want to work for them, publicly to their home town newspaper....Bernadino knew exactly what Fisher would say that why he asked IMO.. This story is a puff piece, see Ireland will only grant interviews to people that puff him... kind of like a fluffer, but a Bernadino puff fluffer to get on Irelands good graces......lol

Date: March 27, 2012 11:24AM

Let me ask you a question?
You go an interview for 2 big jobs in different towns, that are both interested in you for whatever your respective career is, and you choose one and move to that city... A reporter from the city where you didnt take the job, approaches you and ask you why you didnt want to come take the other job, did you not like the people who wanted to hire you?
What would you say? You are going to be nice and not say anything bad about the people that wanted to hire you, or get that reputation in your field that you turn on people who respected your talents in your perceived field once you turned them down... How would that do for your career or future interviews or future jobs, or brotherhood of your respective trade profesionals...
Lets not be robots and take what is shoveled down our throats.. How can this be we are not able to see through this transparent garbage that only reporters without any profesional standards on themselves would stoop to , to get a future story, of probably nothing more then more fluff that feels like you are dumber after reading it....lol... my pet peeve bad journalism with see through agenda's

Date: March 27, 2012 11:37AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Dolph, come on now, What did you expect Fisher to
> say they were neurotic so I didnt want to work for
> them, publicly to their home town
> newspaper....Bernadino knew exactly what Fisher
> would say that why he asked IMO.. This story is a
> puff piece, see Ireland will only grant interviews
> to people that puff him... kind of like a fluffer,
> but a Bernadino puff fluffer to get on Irelands
> good graces......lol

Pretty cool how you do that, Fisher has to just be blowing smoke up our asses, but Ryan Clark and Channing Crowder are singing gospel. Uh....what do they call that, selective something or other?

Date: March 27, 2012 11:39AM

nope big difference between a player and tenured profesional like Jeff Fisher, that is why.... Players are young ego, hot heads, they spout off emotionally, Fisher uses his head before he talks, that comes with years of experience...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 11:40AM by Crowder52.

Date: March 27, 2012 11:46AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
. Uh....what do
> they call that, selective something or other?

I think you must be refering to selective memory, but that would be selectively remebering parts of the past, this more called "critical thinking" being able to decipher the most important parts of a situation, to cut through the bullshit, of intent, sources, circumstance, situational, perceptions,etc... but i like the sarcasm part

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 27, 2012 02:47PM

I think Crowder's analyst on Fisher not slamming Miami's management is flawless.

Date: March 27, 2012 02:52PM

Never burn your bridges......he's being smart.

Date: March 27, 2012 03:44PM

It's called selective hearing (or reading) and I think you guys are giving a pretty good example of its definition..

Date: March 28, 2012 08:34AM

Date: March 28, 2012 10:09AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 28, 2012 10:51AM

If we would have offered Fisher final say on personnel and thereby control over the whole organization. He'd be holding press conferences for us and ansering question about the Rams.

Still glad we didn't...but I do think he's just playing nice with his comments. That's not to say he's being less than honest however. I also don't think Ross and Ireland are as clueless as many make them out to be.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 28, 2012 12:32PM

Dolphinholic
> PhinJim, you do realize my original post was tongue in cheek right?

Not sure I did at the time, I read so much posted that sounds like the media trashing Miami and a lot of posters on this board seem to eat it up. Sorry if I misread you.

Will be interesting to see how it loolks after the draft.

Date: March 28, 2012 01:42PM

I am going to give you all a quick lesson in probably most newspapers but definitely the sun sentinel because I have done it... When you buy ads from them there is a certain amount of money you spend where your publicist will arrange editorials of your choosing in return for advertising... Publicist arrange for puff pieces... Also this is done when a reporter wants to get an inside track with someone who doesn't give many interviews... The media and its content is largely controlled by money and hired publicist to a certain extent and particpants in the papers media game benefit from alot of this by getting there story out... The fact that Bernadino wrote 2 back to back articles like he did , should tell you what is going on.. I am not saying there might not be some validity to some of what is Being said but there is a financial reason for the a good chunk of the topics being pushed on any given week

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:45PM

I seem to recall there being some connection to the Rams. Something about his son?

Date: March 28, 2012 03:03PM

Very nice lesson ole wise one, but are you saying Bernadino made it all up? Those other NFL people didn't actually say any of it?

Date: March 29, 2012 05:49AM

•New York Jets Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis called New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick a "jerk."

Not exclusive to Ireland

Date: March 29, 2012 11:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.