HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Yeremiah Bell to be released
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Yeremiah Bell to be released
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:42AM

A&O
this isnt reality this is lalala land, where National pundits are morons and a few loud internet pundits, are not and have all the answer, everyone else is foolish...lol.. Get it together, line up with the sheep that want to spin away, that we are a special treasure in the eyes of all who study the NFL...lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: March 20, 2012 10:11AM

Date: March 20, 2012 12:27PM

The problem is not that they released YB, it is how they did it... Rosenhaus was told before FA, that Miami planned on keeping him. Then a week into FA, once many teams have spent money and signed FA, they do the team Captain dirty and cut him.... They did the same thing to Crowder... If you are going to release a team Captain who has a long tenure with your team and respect from the players on the team, this is not how you handle it, and just a further sign of Ireland's horrible reputation and lack of trust from players based on how he acts and treats them......

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 20, 2012 02:53PM

Ditto to what Crowder said and for another point, someone else above talked about Yremiah's value as a team leader.

Here's the thing. You are going to have to make hard choices but this franchise is at an unusual crossroad.

It would be just like cutting Cameron Wake now if he were old and on the last year of his contract. What he and Bell add in terms of being among the few bright spots on the team is worth more than mere money. Now Brandon Marshall was a drag on the team. He didn't perform up to snuff AND he was a distraction on the team. When he was let go, all but the blind people on this board applauded.

But you don't go about cutting the few people on the team who have performed well for "business reasons." You do if you are the Patriots or the Giants or one of the top teams. You don't if you are a poor team with a few bright spots. You don't cut those bright spots.

See this is the kind of move that have so many people on this board THINKING that the reason we didn't get Peyton or Flynn was because Ross/Ireland didn't want them OR turned them off.

Neither of those things happened but these guys go around messing up everything ELSE they do that, understandably, when anything goes wrong they are blamed for it and that is for the simple reason that they DO screw up everything they touch.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 20, 2012 03:02PM

Hey you're either a "free market capitalist" or you're not.

Bottom line: capital = money

Capitalism = Moneyism

End of story. Where's the glory.

Dudes who make BIG $$$ like YB are seriously at risk.

Unless of course you're a 1% FAT CAT sucking the blood from lamb. Then you're safe.

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 20, 2012 03:20PM

I can dig having to make hard choices, BNF but there is the old saying Penny-wise and pound-foolish.

It amazes me HOW GREAT THE POSITION OF QUARTERBACK HAS GROWN.

Let's look at it. Some of you guys are ready to literally MURDER Ross/Ireland because they didn't get Peyton man, a 36 year-old man coming off multiple surgeries and who sat out the entire season last year.

But yet you go ape angry when anyone suggests that you draft a 27 year old Weeden with our SECOND pick.

AND you shrug your shoulder like "No big deal" when we cut the only person in our secondary who made plays, the only one who didn't get burned because, "he's old."

Wow! I'm in the Bizarro World.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 20, 2012 03:49PM

YB can be resigned.

I love the guy and his 'tude is the best. But hey, we pulled a money play on him. Plain and simple. He's old and overpriced. Like welcome to the real world of moneyism. Nothing personal. But you're no longer needed. It's just business. Hugs and kisses...

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:27AM

Lots of position to upgrade. Our roster of signed d-players isn't getting better. We're hurting and it will show on game day. Mark my words.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 22, 2012 07:41AM

Not losing my mind about this. He had too much cap hit. I'm hoping he gets resigned at a fair price!

His biggest value is his on field management of the secondary. That we can use.

I'm hoping he gets resigned at a fair price!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:56AM

Whatever happened to restructuring contracts?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 22, 2012 10:35AM

I am hearing that YB wants to resign with us.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 22, 2012 10:35AM

IF YB, had to much cap hit and the Dolphins had no plans on paying it, then they should have released him before FA, started, so he had a chance to maximize his value and sign on with another team... YB was good to us, and we werent good to him the way this was handled... This type of stuff, doesnt need to be handled this way. It is unneccasary and shows very little respect for a loyal Dolphin team Captain... And hurts the FO in the long run... and hurts how the players on the team feel about their own Front Office... ie, one of the reason Ireland is resented by personel...

Date: March 22, 2012 11:34AM

Oh, Ross. Please sell the team.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 22, 2012 11:54AM

Hey Chyren,

If you were in charge of the "Sports Universe", who would you want to be our Owner?

Mark Cuban? A Steinbrener? A Rooney?

Who would you want?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 22, 2012 12:05PM

I would want Wayne back..... I dont want an out of town owner who has little connection or relation to South Fla... Wayne really lived here, and you would see him around town... Ross is a new yorker who thinks he is south fla... It is horrible... In actuality, he is nothing more then a lost new yorker trying to recreate The Wrigley Field of South America development model in Miami... Dee, Ross, Ireland, all of them should go back and spend there time enlightening their our home towns, leave mine alone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 12:09PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:06PM

crowder, didn't ross grow up in S Fla?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:09PM

Date: March 22, 2012 12:11PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> crowder, didn't ross grow up in S Fla?

yes he went Miami beach high but was raised in Detroit, he didnt lay down his roots here and doesnt live here and hasnt for decades, he is a new yorker...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 12:15PM by Crowder52.

Date: March 22, 2012 12:23PM

tsstamper Wrote:
> This type of stuff, doesnt need to be handled this
> way. It is unneccasary and shows very little
> respect for a loyal Dolphin team Captain... And
> hurts the FO in the long run... and hurts how the
> players on the team feel about their own Front
> Office... ie, one of the reason Ireland is
> resented by personel
>
> This is the part I don't get...what is gained by
> treating people this way? YB's smart enough to
> know that his $$ put him at risk in this business.
> Any reason for the reassurance to his agent (if
> that happened...hadn't heard that before this) and
> then the 180? I don't see the advantage for
> Ireland or the Dolphins.
>
> On the whole, I'm not against the moves Ireland
> makes for the most part...just how he makes them.
> Jeff, you don't have any goodwill to burn...none.

I agree with you, the advantage is, YB never really gets a fair shake to test the market at this point, so it is a sneaky way to force him to take less money becasue he will have less suitors... And players know this... Maybe YB will pick up with somebody, but alot of the FA money has been spent rosters accounted for, YB would be an afterthought... it is a sh*tty thing to do to a team Captain and honorable guy who towed the line for your organization.... Also considering YB as a team captain as well, was rumored to have confronted Ireland last year when Crowder was handled this way by Ireland... Then Ireland does it to him in the same way is F'ed up... These are not coincidences, they are patterns of behavior by our GM that the entire NFL sees and talks about behind the locker room doors...

Date: March 22, 2012 12:34PM

If this is true why is YB saying he's open to coming back to Miami.

I think Ireland gets colored bad for doing what any GM tries to do, get decent value for players.

Players do it to the team ... threaten to go after signing a contract, or at its end want 10 time more.

Last year they overpaid to keep Solai via the tag ... why? Cause someone else will over pay them. Is that loyalty to the team?
- Solai went from peanuts to $12 mil in a year. This year Solai, settles for 1/2 that? Why?

No one else is paying YB that amount, but rather it will be something that fits his skill set. He would likely remain in Miami iof the amount is close to what he thinks he can get elsewhere.

Bottom line: Ireland is not the Devil ... he's doing his job.

Could he be more smooth in his delivery - yes, (Thus Polian would be nice, but he is doing the job)

You guys are piling on!

Date: March 22, 2012 12:42PM

Phinjim,
This is not how you treat a long tenured playerd and team captain... We all have a right to treat people however we want, that is true. And what Ireland did was in the rules... But saving a couple bucks on YB, will cost your team much more in reputation, resentment, and trust... Nobody is piling on, we are just calling a spade a spade.... You want to sugarcoat that treating players like this will not have any negative repercussions in the future... I think that is extremely naive... Ireland has a bad reputation for a reason and this type of stuff only reinfroces it... It removes any shadow of a doubt, with facts like these.... We have a bad reputation as a franchise, and it is becasue of this type of stuff from our GM, that you think doesnt matter....Tell that to Fisher, Harbaugh, Manning, Clark, etc....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 12:43PM by Crowder52.

Date: March 22, 2012 12:55PM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:35PM

montequi Wrote:
> Whatever happened to restructuring contracts?

Saw a tweet when he was released that it wasn't an option with this contract.

Probably becasue they didn't want to add a year to it and push some of his money into next years cap.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:36PM

I agree, Ireland is making himself an easy target for all of the built up resentment by fans for lack of success over the last 4 years which he was a part of and 5 or 6 yearsbefore him which he was not a part of.. still doesnt change the fact that these are his actions and this what is being represented nationally as our leader of football opertations.... Ireland unfortunately at this point is the face of this franchise and that is horrible for us...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 01:46PM by Crowder52.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.