Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hmmmm, I just heard something very interesting about Miami and their Reputation........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hmmmm, I just heard something very interesting about Miami and their Reputation........
Date: March 19, 2012 03:22AM

I guess its no secret what I do for a living here in South Fla. In my posistion We do get approached by College coaches all the time asking about the backgrounds of students and asking if we have ever had any interaction with them, their families, were they coopertive, ect.

Anyhow , I just heard from a pretty reliable source that has connections in both the NFL and The college system.

Apparently the word is out , that Parcells himself has been quietly blackballing Irlend. He didn't like the way he sold Tony out , and his handling of other matters.

Ross has a big Problem , And that means so do we.

Shoot me down, call me a kook, believe it or don't , its just something I heard today and it made sense is all. Thought I would share.........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hmmmm, I just heard something very interesting about Miami and their Reputation........
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 19, 2012 03:27AM

Makes sense....guy's a cancer. Has to go. Before the draft hopefully.

Re: Hmmmm, I just heard something very interesting about Miami and their Reputation........
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 19, 2012 03:36AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess its no secret what I do for a living here
> in South Fla. In my posistion We do get approached
> by College coaches all the time asking about the
> backgrounds of students and asking if we have ever
> had any interaction with them, their families,
> were they coopertive, ect.
>
> Anyhow , I just heard from a pretty reliable
> source that has connections in both the NFL and
> The college system.
>
> Apparently the word is out , that Parcells himself
> has been quietly blackballing Irlend. He didn't
> like the way he sold Tony out , and his handling
> of other matters.
>
> Ross has a big Problem , And that means so do we.
>
>
> Shoot me down, call me a kook, believe it or don't
> , its just something I heard today and it made
> sense is all. Thought I would share.........

First off, thanks for the info TCPF. I'm not arguing whether its accurate or not, it certainly seems plausible and it fits the recent history of both Parcells and Ireland. And you are absolutely right, that its a problem.

But what does this say about that POS Parcells?

This is HIS GUY and he's sandbagging him? How about giving him some advice instead?

Even so, at the end of the day, Ireland will be judged on his ability to bring in talent and to find a franchise QB. He's running out of time and options. It wouldnt surprise me if he doesn't last the season if he doesnt draft the right QB.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 19, 2012 03:52AM

People like a winner.

Parcells got lucky a couple times and helped teams 'win'...so his opinion became important.

he's a dick. Last year he told Sean Payton that Ireland was going to draft Jimmy Graham and they scooped us. IMO, Ireland made a power play with Ross to secure his position and threw Parcells under the bus (deservedly so) for things like the Pat White pick. Ireland broke free of the Parcells 'family' and Bill started screwing him.

That said....if Ireland drafts well, and puts together a team that wins 9 or 10 games.....then people will ignore the Tuna and go with the winner.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:16AM

realist Wrote:
> People like a winner.
>
> Parcells got lucky a couple times and helped teams
> 'win'...so his opinion became important.
>
> he's a dick. Last year he told Sean Payton that
> Ireland was going to draft Jimmy Graham and they
> scooped us. IMO, Ireland made a power play with
> Ross to secure his position and threw Parcells
> under the bus (deservedly so) for things like the
> Pat White pick. Ireland broke free of the
> Parcells 'family' and Bill started screwing him.

Wow. Hadn't heard that Graham story before.

Only Parcells has the power to make Jeff Ireland a sympathetic figure in South Florida.

>
> That said....if Ireland drafts well, and puts
> together a team that wins 9 or 10 games.....then
> people will ignore the Tuna and go with the
> winner.

Very true. Parcells can keep banging away at him but if he builds a good team and drafts a good QB then he'll change that perception. Everyone loves a winner.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:49AM

wasn't parcells still running the draft when jimmy graham was selected? If so why would parcells do that, since credit for the pick would go to parcells? I've never heard that story before and it doesn't make a lot of sense

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:21AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> wasn't parcells still running the draft when jimmy
> graham was selected? If so why would parcells do
> that, since credit for the pick would go to
> parcells? I've never heard that story before and
> it doesn't make a lot of sense

Graham was a rookie last year right? If so then no he wasn't around still. I've actually heard that Parcells called S Payton and told him Graham was the real deal, never heard we we're taking him. Possible though.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:22AM

> Very true. Parcells can keep banging away at him
> but if he builds a good team and drafts a good QB
> then he'll change that perception. Everyone
> loves a winner.

Problem is, Jeff Ireland right now is a LOSER, and everyone around the NFL and the media knows it. He's blown enough chances to get it right. Look man when the general public starts flying damn planes around stadiums begging for your as$ to be fired you've reached rock bottom.

This is a train wreck, and someone needs to apply the brakes.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 19, 2012 06:06AM

Biggie T is just acting like the fat ass gangsta he is. It makes sense if he put a hit out on Ireland because Jeff has some trash on Biggie T.

Yep. Stay tuned for stinky tuna bowl part 2.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 06:35AM

graham was drafted in 2010 (not a rookie last year). Parcells left after 2010 draft--last year's was Ireland's first with sole control. So this Jimmy Graham story makes no sense at all unless Parcells was trying to screw himself out of a good player.

Date: March 19, 2012 08:44AM

Ross and Huizengia are multi billionares. They should get together and @#$%& up Parcells somehow. their has to be an angle somewhere. Kids jobs, Maybe start paying some Hot high end call girls/men to sleep with His kids . Take pics and start blackmailing the Fat Bastard. lay off the phins or else these pics of your grandson blowing the UPS guy goes Viral.......eye rolling smiley I mean Huezinga is responsible for hiring him in the first place. They have to have some resources.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 19, 2012 09:31AM

I can't confirm the veracity of the story.

What I read was that Parcell's ran the draft in 2008 and 2009, and although he was in the draft room in 2010, Ireland was already in charge and straying from the Parcell's view of things.

So Parcell's leaked it to Payton.

what is factualy known and confirmed by Payton and discussed on Monday night Football, is that Bill Parcell's called Sean Payton immediately after the pick and told him "you got a great player, we were going to take him in the next round".

Did he leak it and then congratulate his other disciple? Dunno. But he knew he was leaving the Phins, knew he didn't like what was going on...still had loyalty to Payton.

Don't forget...Parcell's told the Jets to hire Ryan while still working for the Dolphins. He didn't give a crap about the Phins....so it comes down to was Bill more loyal to Sean Payton or Ireland/Sparano?

Date: March 20, 2012 02:47AM

For the $20 Million paid the fat ^&%%#! he should feel loyal to us for the next decade. That move to secure him as the Team President has been screwing us since 2008 and it continues to burn like a bad hemoroid.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 23, 2012 04:08PM

chrisnnavarre Wrote:
> > Very true. Parcells can keep banging away at
> him
> > but if he builds a good team and drafts a good
> QB
> > then he'll change that perception. Everyone
> > loves a winner.
>
> Problem is, Jeff Ireland right now is a LOSER, and
> everyone around the NFL and the media knows it.
> He's blown enough chances to get it right. Look
> man when the general public starts flying damn
> planes around stadiums begging for your as$ to be
> fired you've reached rock bottom.
>
> This is a train wreck, and someone needs to apply
> the brakes.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not defending Ireland, but how is "right now, Ireland is a LOSER"?

What chances has he blown to get it right? Manning wasn't going to Miami; Fisher wanted power, but Ireland was on board and Ross wasn't going to give it to Fisher; Harbaugh falls in Ross' court. Where did Ireland blow it?

The general public wants a winner; Miami hasn't been a winner for some time now, and it just so happens Ireland is in charge at the moment. Ireland wasn't around for all those post-Marino years when Miami was losing. He just happens to now be the scapegoat. What is going on right now, I put more on Parcells than I do Ireland.

Miami wins this year and (hopefully) gets to the playoffs, and Ireland did a great job with the draft and....when the FAs he passed on don't pan out for those teams, Ireland will look like a genius.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.