HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          If Manning Signs With the Titans....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
If Manning Signs With the Titans....
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:47PM

The next person to start blowing Flynn's phone up is going to be Elway. He'll do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to get Tebow out of town. I hope the front office has taken this into consideration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If Manning Signs With the Titans....
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:52PM

It's so obvious Ireland couldn't have failed to note it.

Rick

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:52PM

I actually can see that. I believe that Elway only allowed Tebow to start because he felt Tebow would fall flat on his face.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:59PM

I disagree. The fanbase would accept Tebow getting the boot only for someone like Manning. Not Flynn. I dont see them even calling him for a visit. We'll see I guess

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:10PM

I agree with that also, Berk.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:22PM

We should get Hasselbeck

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 14, 2012 11:54PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:55AM

That would make no sense. Flynn has never played in anything but a West Coast Offense. And it's not like his talent is overwhelming. A team without a WCO would have to be really stupid to sign Flynn. And Elway is not stupid.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:04AM

With the Holmgren ties, Hasselbeck to Cleveland, Flynn to Seattle and.........Tannehill to Miami @ #8. Get used to it boys because it's becoming clear, that Ireland is set on not overpaying for anyone this year.

Date: March 15, 2012 02:09AM

Except for RGIII I don't see a Problem with that. But Ross better get used to paying for the xtra seats for a sellout again every week.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:34AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually can see that. I believe that Elway only
> allowed Tebow to start because he felt Tebow would
> fall flat on his face.

I have a feeling the only way Elway is going to get Tebow out of town is to suit up himself.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:40AM

I'll bet that Philbin has talked with Ireland about Flynn. If Flynn is something "special" Philbin would have a good notion about it. Philbin, I sense, is quite reserved and would not leak things to anyone about it. Assuming for a moment that Flynn really is the guy, the lack of interest in Flynn has indirectly lowered the stock of Flynn with other teams. My guess is that Philbin really doesn't believe that Flynn is a top-notch QB prospect that he's willing to gamble with on his first HC job. His quietness has turned off the other teams in need of a top-notch QB. Flynn is being overlooked.

My sense about all of this is that when Manning declares he's going to team X (not the Fins), Flynn will still be looking for a job. We're not going to take him. The Broncos won't hire him either because he's not going to displace Tebow in the hearts of the Bronco fans, IMHO.

If Manning hires on with the Broncos, I'd think Tebow would be expendable and be traded to a team willing to try him at QB. Could it be Miami? I doubt it.

So, without a top-notch QB elsewhere that we can hire, we are left to working with Matt Moore. Focus would be to sure up the offensive line (Winston), hire on Manningham to replace Marshall, and get started on Philbin's WCO.

This would be a pretty pathetic turn of events. I would hate to see the Fins not get a first rd draft pick at QB, and settling for another first round lineman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.