HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Flynn's agent contacted...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Flynn's agent contacted...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:53PM

@OmarKelly The Dolphins and Cleveland are negotiating with Packers backup Matt Flynn, and will be exchanging contract offers with his agent soon.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flynn's agent contacted...
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 13, 2012 02:30PM

And the hits just keep on coming. If Flynn doesn't work out maybe the Bengals have a back up we can look into. Do the Rams have a 2nd string QB we can go after? Maybe there's someone who carries a clipboard on the Browns we can give 20 million guaranteed to. This is such an exciting time!

Posted by: Offerdahl ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:23PM

Panteraize Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the hits just keep on coming. If Flynn doesn't
> work out maybe the Bengals have a back up we can
> look into. Do the Rams have a 2nd string QB we can
> go after? Maybe there's someone who carries a
> clipboard on the Browns we can give 20 million
> guaranteed to. This is such an exciting time!

Dunno... That third string backup QB of the Browns sounds kinda promising...

No one from the list of QB possibilities scares me like Matt Flynn. If he came cheap and willing to go with an incentive-laden contract, I would say let's take a chance. But the numbers I keep hearing tossed around are insane. The odds are overwhelmingly against him becoming anything more than a middling journeyman systems QB.

I would rather take my chances on one more year with Moore, as unappealing as that is.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:46PM

but he played an entire nfl game and won.

I know what you mean, I really think he is the second coming of Caleb Henne. If we strike out w/ Manning I would like to bring in Jason Campbell or Kyle Orton. At least these guys have started in the NFL.

We sign a veteran to push Moore and sign Cousin's (forget Tannehill). Not a perfect scenario but we would have upgraded the position.

Date: March 13, 2012 04:57PM

Offerdahl Wrote:
>
> I would rather take my chances on one more year
> with Moore, as unappealing as that is.

Then who? Philbin knows this guy better then anyone. he is willing to bet his career on him. Thats a strong endorsement of a player that looked great next to one of the elite Qbacks in the leauge.

Who would you take a chance on next year that has as much upside? Nothing is guaranteed. Sooner or later you need to take a leap of faith. That was saprano's problem. Thats why he likes to run the ball.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:10PM

Yep Wanny took a leap of faith and that got us Jay Feidler. Been there done that. The whole Flynn thing is the dumbest crock of **** this whole off season and the rest of the league would love to see us eat it. Who is lining up for Flynn, the Phins and CLE that right there should tell you something.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 13, 2012 05:16PM

I think I heard that Cleveland was dropping out of it. They don't want to damage McCoy's confidence.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:22PM

I honestly think McCoy would have beat Flynn out of the job. That is scary, that just leaves US!

Date: March 13, 2012 05:24PM

We know Flynn is successful in Philbin's system. We better get him quick.

---------------------

Date: March 13, 2012 06:20PM

According to my sources, Philbin is ready to "pounce" on Matt Flynn. We are in "deep, serious" talks with Flynn's camp.

---------------------

Date: March 13, 2012 06:46PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Yep Wanny took a leap of faith and that got us Jay
> Feidler. Been there done that. The whole Flynn
> thing is the dumbest crock of **** this whole off
> season and the rest of the league would love to
> see us eat it. Who is lining up for Flynn, the
> Phins and CLE that right there should tell you
> something.

Feilder had a 5 touchdown game against an elite team? When? Was Wanny feilders Coach before he signed him? What it tells me is that Philbin KBOWS this kid. And is willing to bet his future on him. Bad comparision.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 14, 2012 03:19AM

@BenVolinPBP
RT @MaryKayCabot #Browns have not pursued GB QB Matt Flynn and reports that they're set to make offer untrue, league source tells PD

@BenVolinPBP
And Seattle is reportedly going harder after Henne than Flynn. #Dolphins might ultimately negotiate against themselves for Flynn

@BenVolinPBP
And after speaking with a good source last night, it's becoming clear that the #Dolphins will soon turn attention from Manning to Flynn

Good news, if Seattle and Cleveland are not showing interest then the price for Flynn drops dramatically.

Date: March 14, 2012 03:52AM

@ScottPetrak: Stop the Matt Flynn to #Browns speculation. They've not changed their stance and aren't pursuing, according to source.

---------------------

Date: March 14, 2012 04:18AM

Yeah, I'm being told that we are the only team after Flynn. If we somehow mess this up, we are idiots.

---------------------

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:34AM

if we didn't have the coach who knows him best running the same system, I'd be heading for the hills when it comes to flynn, especially when it seems no one else wants him. But if Philbin thinks he's good I am willing to take the chance. If no one else wants him and we can sign him for a "reasonable" amount (still gonna be many millions per year) then all the better.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 14, 2012 05:11AM

I'm warming up to Matt Flynn. I still think he's a system QB, ala Matt Cassell, but in the right system he could be great....AND WE WILL HAVE THAT SYSTEM!!! So, yes, it DOES seem like a no-brainer.

Now, who do we draft with our #8 pick? Will Justin Blackmon be available at #8?

Date: March 14, 2012 05:14AM

Blackmon wont be available.

Bet money on Defense at #8, then maybe offense in the 2nd and 3rd.

---------------------

Date: March 14, 2012 05:23AM

Adam Schefter is now reporting that Flynn will visit the Seahawks on Friday.

---------------------

Date: March 14, 2012 05:34AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Adam Schefter is now reporting that Flynn will
> visit the Seahawks on Friday.

Not before Henne's visit!..........we're doomedeye popping smiley

Date: March 14, 2012 06:24AM

henne visited SEA first. Maybe Henne will finally do some good for us and sign with SEA, taking them out of the QB market.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:41AM

The fewer teams interested in Flynn the better for us...he'll be cheaper. However, I don't put alot of stock in anything reported by any of these "sources" because they are a very large pecentage of the time, wrong. Flynn has been my number one choice since it became obvious that Luck was not going to be a possibility...his game against Detroit only cemented that opinion of him. Griffin whom I like, and would have taken, was dropped from my consideration the day he won the Heisman, I knew that he'd be too expensive, even if we were inside of the top five, and he was. That leaves just five posibilities for an upgrade/competition for Moore; Flynn, Tannehill, Wheedon, Foles, or Manning (if healthy).

Out of that group Flynn is the only one that has any NFL experience (outside of Manning who has a ton) and will not need time to adjust. He's also a proven winner since he has, everywhere he's ever played, and has good mobility. Tannehill has many of the same traits but with much better mobility. But, he's a rookie so time will have to afforded him as well as some coaching up. Wheeden is the same story, time and coaching wise, with less mobility and a much smaller window of opportunity due to his age. Foles I no longer see as an upgrade....simply competition. Tannehill is simply our best option in the draft, with the most potential to become a for a standout starter. Wheeden simply won't beat out Moore for the job...anytime soon making him even older if, and when, he gets his chance, JMO. However, if we miss out on Tannehill I'd certainly draft him.

The cone of error is much smaller with Flynn...making him the right choice out of the available options. No other veteran player outside of Manning "if healthy", and he isn't, is worth consideration.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:47AM

One things for sure, Manning is NOT coming here without a standout receiver to throw to. And now that we have to go and get one, just how are we going to shore up the right side of that line???

I rather have a younger QB that can move around in the WCO, especially considering our current situation and projected ablity to protect the passer.

P.S. I wouldn't want Pete Carroll talking to one of my QB prospects on Friday. The one thing the guy was good at, at USC was recruiting. He's Head Coach and Executive VP for the Seahawks, so I suppose he can whip out a contract on the spot. They were also about 29.8 million below the cap when FA started. Way more than us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 06:50AM by chrisnnavarre.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> henne visited SEA first. Maybe Henne will finally
> do some good for us and sign with SEA, taking them
> out of the QB market.

He's never been known for his decisiveness, so don't hold your breath.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:37AM

Go Henne!

Petey Carroll will turn him into the 2nd coming of Matt Leinart.

Same old story in the NFL. 32 teams and only 8 legit QB’s available at any one time. Too bad the Wild Cat lost its fur.

hot smiley

Other than that, Matt Flynn was a Tiger in the past. I like his stripes and hope he hates the Pacific Time Zone and can’t stand the smell of Cleveland. We should order him a case of South Beach eye candy.

Just do it. And shut UP!

Date: March 14, 2012 10:40AM

I'll bet Philbin called Flynn and asked him to give him until Friday on this Manning thing, my guess is we sign Flynn tomorrow before he even gets to Seattle. Why else would Flynn wait until Friday to visit the Seahawks?

Date: March 14, 2012 10:43AM

Even if he wants to come here and has no interest in playing anywhere else, if flynn (or more likely his agent) is smart he talks to SEA first, so that he comes to us with a "beat this price" contract in hand.

Date: March 14, 2012 10:56AM

Date: March 14, 2012 11:25AM

Quote:

"It's also worth noting that Charley Casserly, the man who spent early picks on David Carr and Dave Ragone, doesn't think too highly of Flynn. This could very well mean that Flynn has Pro Bowl potential."

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.