HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Salary Cap status
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Salary Cap status
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:32PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Salary Cap status
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:03PM

Why has the jerkoff known as Ireland not restructered any contracts yet??? For gods sake does nobody in this organization understand business??? cut the worthless fat off of the contracts and get some damn more money. You need every single benefit you can get. 13 Mill will not get you crap!!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:05PM

Read somewhere we got hit with a $4M penalty for restructuring vernon Carey's contract last year. Had never heard of such before

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:17PM

was it the bleacher report? I never heard that AT ALL. tend to doubt it

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:45AM

No penalty for Carey, but he does count $4M against this year's cap in dead money. This is not news, and it was already included in all of the original cap number postings.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:40AM

It definitely seems like we’ve been behind the curve on contact activity…

I guess we’re OK going into FA with a lot of unresolved “stuff” and banking on the fact the marketplace will give us leverage – as if Soliai and company won’t get huge dollar offers?

I can’t remember the last time we had some action going on with resigning players and redoing contracts…

It must be part of our master plan.

I’m just hoping it’s not a disaster plan.

Date: March 12, 2012 07:12AM

man we are always reactive, never pro active. we sign solia to a franchise deal then let him walk? has that ever happened before? we had 12 months to sign him to a long term deal---if nothing else we could trade him if he no longer fit the scheme. now we are entering FA with a bunch of questions and deals that cry out for restructure. I guess we will see, but it would be nice to actually have our house in order BEFORE free agency starts

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:16AM

Well the problem with Solai, is that he is a one dimensional player who is not even in the top 15 of his position.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 12, 2012 08:13AM

Guys, restructuring usually costs the team alot of money up front and just prolongs the problem to be dealt with down the road, look at the situation the Steelers and Raiders are in right now.....not good. I imagine they have a few guys in mind for restructuring if needed, but to restructure for no reason is not a good move.

Date: March 12, 2012 09:18AM

I agree, The situation with Soliai has me seriously concerned about the basic core competency of our org (nothing new there, I know). But I want to keep extending the benefit of the doubt, and there have been positive signs, but we’ve had to fill too many holes via FA and now we’re about to lose a rare athletic BIG DUDE with nothing in return. That’s what it looks like in terms of the odds.

So does Soliai hit the market with tepid reception and we get to resign him at a discount? If so, then Ireland knows his shit and he made a great move. But if Soliai finds a number of teams HOT for him, it’ll be break the bank time. And he’s gone.

I realize nowadays you lose players as a matter of fact. It’s just part of the game. But I don’t think winning orgs lets a dude like Soliai get away like that.

Like I said, the next week of so is going to tell us a ton about the basic competency running the show.

Date: March 12, 2012 09:29AM

I'd like to know if any team has ever franchised a player, let him play out the tag, and then let him walk for nothing the next year? anyone?

Date: March 12, 2012 09:39AM

Perhaps we're just setting a new trend?

hot smiley

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:01AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to know if any team has ever franchised a
> player, let him play out the tag, and then let him
> walk for nothing the next year? anyone?

If we tagged Soliai again, he'd get $15M guaranteed for 1 year. We don't have that much cap room. We can't do it. And his market value is not close to that number. It would make him untradeable. But, the tag was the only way we could have kept him last year, because of the CBA rules limiting raises to restricted free agents. It was a fluke situation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.