HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Why Manning isnt going to sign with Denver IMO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why Manning isnt going to sign with Denver IMO
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:22AM

Here is the reason I dont think Manning will sign with Denver...
Tebow, and not because Denver chooses Tebow over Manning, but because Tebow is the most popular player in the NFL. A player with a message of overcoming, faith, and positivity. All things Peyton also supports.... Manning is not going to choose to be the guy that gets Tebow benched or cut... Peyton is a PR master and being the guy that gets Tebow cut or benched, is not the image or reputation he wants and for what, Denver?.... I just dont think he will do it... There is to much unknown or risk invovled with that move, and why would Peyton put himself at that risk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 10:23AM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why Manning isnt going to sign with Denver IMO
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:29AM

I think Peyton cares more about winning easy than he does about Tebowmania. He'd be thrilled to win his division having a .500 record.

A .500 record in the AFC East will get you sent home with your tail between your legs when the season is over.

Date: March 11, 2012 10:37AM

Competeting with Tebow in camp, or getting Tebow shipped out, bad for Peyton, risk... Not playing well out of the gate, and Tebow will be brought up,etc....
Tebow took a team with one of the worst records in the NFL and took them to the play off s and won a game... The team was horrible under Orton.... Tebow inspired those guys and brought the team together while running a spread option in the NFL.... The running game was great because tebow and the option, the running game stunk under Orton... Now add the fact that everbody likes Tebow, and Peyton hindering him and his success, is not good for Peyton... IMO , peyton has been a PR genius, he will not take that risk...

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:46AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Competeting with Tebow in camp, or getting Tebow
> shipped out, bad for Peyton, risk... Not playing
> well out of the gate, and Tebow will be brought
> up,etc....
> Tebow took a team with one of the worst records in
> the NFL and took them to the play off s and won a
> game... The team was horrible under Orton....
> Tebow inspired those guys and brought the team
> together while running a spread option in the
> NFL.... The running game was great because tebow
> and the option, the running game stunk under
> Orton... Now add the fact that everbody likes
> Tebow, and Peyton hindering him and his success,
> is not good for Peyton... IMO , peyton has been a
> PR genius, he will not take that risk...

The only thing hindering Tebow's success as a QB is Tebow.

I don't want to get into a debate over his performance and how much he was or wasnt responsible for their "success" last year.

But I'd be very very surprised to learn that Manning is concerned about Tebow in the least.

Date: March 11, 2012 10:50AM

We shall see, everyone now has Denver the favorite and I dont think he is gonna sign with Denver and ultimately the reason why is Tebow and all that comes with it...
Peyton Manning is a guy that is a master at disguising what he is doing while reading others... You think the field general is playing this hand straight, as you hear the information, i dont believe it.... I think he signs with Miami or Arizona.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 10:51AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:58AM

We'll see if he's really a PR genius by signing with Miami or not, but I think Elway see's Tebow as the reason they lost their 2nd playoff game. Denver can't survive forever by winning every game on a prayer - they need to do it with authority at least once in a while. Until Tebow can become a true passer, that isn't going to happen.

IMO, when the dust settles Elway will be the bad guy for not having faith in Tebow. Manning would just be the guy that was hired to replace him, after all, Manning won't be the one to have to tell Tim that he's being dumped.

I think that even Denver fans believe that Tebow is just a novelty. He looked absolutely horrendous in his last game, and quite frankly, if I were a Denver fan I'd be relieved to see that the madness has ended.

Date: March 11, 2012 11:10AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> We shall see, everyone now has Denver the favorite
> and I dont think he is gonna sign with Denver and
> ultimately the reason why is Tebow and all that
> comes with it...
> Peyton Manning is a guy that is a master at
> disguising what he is doing while reading
> others... You think the field general is playing
> this hand straight, as you hear the information, i
> dont believe it.... I think he signs with Miami or
> Arizona.

I have no idea where Peyton will go.

I'm just not buying the notion that he's going to pass on Denver because Tim Tebow is there. If that were the case, and he were even considering Tebow as a factor, he never would have gone to Denver in the first place.

If he passes on Denver it will be because he likes another option better. Not because he wants to avoid hurting Tebow or his fans feelings.

I originally thought Manning would have this all planned out. that he would have had his agent do the leg work over the past few weeks on which teams are the best options.

From what I've read and heard this weekend, it seems that really isn't the case and that he's doing all this on the fly.

That is both a good and bad thing for us. Its good in that the order of his visits is meaningless as to which team he favors. It also means that he's likely to go with his gut which could happen at any point.

Date: March 11, 2012 11:26AM

I think Manning has this planned out, and everything you are seeing and hearing is a well orchestrated plan... Denver is in the game because he needs to drive up competition, value and perceived worth..... THe more competition and real suitors the prettier he gets to all the others...lol.... I could be wrong I just beleive Denver is not going to happen because of the Tebow situation... Nothing else...

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:29AM

If Peyton is in, Tebow is gone

Date: March 11, 2012 11:30AM

808, i am not saying that Tebow is any answer, just that it is a risk for Manning to sign with Denver becasue of Tebow... What happens if they go to the play offs and lose their first game under Manning... People will say Tebow went further, and all thsoe goes with it... Taking over a play off winning team, which really shouldt have been IMO, has alot of downside and very littl upside, other then a SUperbowl appearance... Taking over a 6-10 team who hasnt had succes at Qb in ten years has nothing but support and upside... I could go on but you get the point, I just dont think Peyton chooses Denver...

Date: March 11, 2012 11:33AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> If Peyton is in, Tebow is gone

DO they cut him or trade him?

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:39AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We shall see, everyone now has Denver the
> favorite
> > and I dont think he is gonna sign with Denver
> and
> > ultimately the reason why is Tebow and all that
> > comes with it...
> > Peyton Manning is a guy that is a master at
> > disguising what he is doing while reading
> > others... You think the field general is
> playing
> > this hand straight, as you hear the information,
> i
> > dont believe it.... I think he signs with Miami
> or
> > Arizona.
>
>
> I have no idea where Peyton will go.
>
> I'm just not buying the notion that he's going to
> pass on Denver because Tim Tebow is there. If
> that were the case, and he were even considering
> Tebow as a factor, he never would have gone to
> Denver in the first place.
>
> If he passes on Denver it will be because he likes
> another option better. Not because he wants to
> avoid hurting Tebow or his fans feelings.
>
> I originally thought Manning would have this all
> planned out. that he would have had his agent do
> the leg work over the past few weeks on which
> teams are the best options.
>
> From what I've read and heard this weekend, it
> seems that really isn't the case and that he's
> doing all this on the fly.
>
> That is both a good and bad thing for us. Its
> good in that the order of his visits is
> meaningless as to which team he favors. It also
> means that he's likely to go with his gut which
> could happen at any point.

He went to Denver because Elway wanted him to come to Denver, and even sent a plane to pick him up. He know's he'll have to work with Elway in some capacity even after he's finished with football, whether that be in an media booth on T.V. or something else within the NFL. They are both HOF (bound)/Superbowl winning QBs. It would have been an insult to turn down Elway from the start. That said, (and I could be wrong)...the circus concerning Tebow probably does carry some weight in the matter, especially as far as legacy is concerned.

Also, the recent suspensions for controlled substances concerning multiple players has got to shed some poor light on the Denver locker room.

If Denver could get the deal done, I don't think Manning would have left town, and everyone knows Elway wanted to get this deal done. Especially concerning the fan and media circus surrounding Tebow.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:50AM

This is a very important point because obviously the big guy in the sky cool smiley is a Tebow lover and anyone who displaces Tebow would therefore be under the whammy razzmatazz and 7 points of bad luck with a Christmas trine of bird flu, kamikaze virus, and a nasty case of gads Zeus snafu as well.

Petyon is no dummy bear and obviously aware of the aforementioned parameters and would do best to displace a legit sinner like (for example) Matt Moore and appease the deity de jour with a case of stone crabs.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF. In the background radiation of this oneā€¦

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:56AM

this is all planned out. manning knows where he wants to go and his agents are working it like this to get what he wants from that team: (1) gteed money; (2) no workout before signing; (3) commitment to sign his buddies (wayne, Saturday, clark). We are last on the list of visits bc Ross is a tool and everyone know he can be played. This will drive up manning's price, MIA will make a crazy offer to Manning then he will say "top this" to Den, AZ, maybe even SF (if SF was smart they'd be all over this, don't know why they are not), whatever team he really wants to go it, and they will and Manning will sign with that team.
Ross/Mia will be used again, and since the FO let it be known months ago how desperate they are for Manning, this will be just the latest black mark on the team and reinforce the team as buffoons who cannot close the deal or get what they set out for.
This is how it will play out. Watch and see. It's happened before and will again this week. Then we will be on to overpaying for Flynn, and if we can't pull that off, then you will really see desperation (trade up for Tannehill, anyone??).

Date: March 11, 2012 12:08PM

smileys with beerLook he is not going to sign with Denver, or Arizona. Wayne wants to go to Miami. He wants to go to Miami. This is why Marino is much closer to him than anyone else and while playing golf probably told Peyton hey you should come to Miami and do what I couldnt, which is win the big game.

Rest easy my friends he will be signing with us.

Date: March 11, 2012 12:09PM

chrisnnavarre Wrote:
> If Denver could get the deal done, I don't think
> Manning would have left town, and everyone knows
> Elway wanted to get this deal done. Especially
> concerning the fan and media circus surrounding
> Tebow.

I agree....

Berk- I dont know much about Arizona, other then they are notoriously cheap, and the weather and golf game fit the match... But then his family has to travel far to watch him each week in arizona. East coast keeps it easier on his mom and dad, who split the games each week and attend them all between the brothers....
I am telling you guys, I still think we are the favorite. If Miami felt they were the favorite going into the meeting, would not have been a good strategic move for Peyton...Miami feeling that Denver has the edge is exactly what Peyton wants going into his meeting in Miami... I could be wrong, but that is my read.

Date: March 11, 2012 12:20PM

I like the optimism. I used to think that way but past fee yrs following this team beat it out of me. Hope your right

Date: March 11, 2012 12:29PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I think Manning has this planned out, and
> everything you are seeing and hearing is a well
> orchestrated plan... Denver is in the game because
> he needs to drive up competition, value and
> perceived worth..... THe more competition and real
> suitors the prettier he gets to all the
> others...lol.... I could be wrong I just beleive
> Denver is not going to happen because of the Tebow
> situation... Nothing else...

This isn't going to shock you but I completely disagree.

Manning doesn't need to drive up his price. He's the biggest FA to EVER hit the market. He just names his price.

Besides...if you were right and he was orchestrating this to drive up his pay day...wouldn't it have made the most sense to visit Dan Snyder first?

What Tebow situation? Elway doesn't like him. That's no secret. He just announced to the world he'd give his left nut to get Manning in there.

Manning goes to Denver and Tebow is OUT. There is no way Manning OR Elway signs on for that circus and if Manning were in any way concerned about Tebow he never would have gone to Denver.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 11, 2012 12:36PM

First of all, I think Mia1, thunder/stunner is back.

My main reason, only he would choose a name like GodAlmighty, etc.

Secondly, no heart attack here, I agree with Crowder and the people on the board to say that it very much IS a consideration in most people's mind.

Has Tebow made the full transition to franchise QB yet? Answer, No.

BUT would it be foolish for the Broncos to cast him aside for (and let's just assume because I don't want to argue the point) either a Peyton that is not that healthy or even if he is for a Peyton lasting about 2-3 years? Yes.

Obviously, the Broncos fans are just as much split on Tebow as the current political parties, in other words, they could not be FARTHER apart. One side hates him and the other side thinks he is a savior.

Here, with Matt Moore, some people say "he's not that bad" and other people say "he's not that good."

In other words, in Miami, you have most fans close to either side of the dividing line between Yes or No on Matt Moore whereas in Denver, the fans have what we call in California marriage law "irreconcilable differences."

Only a fool like a good friend of mine who posts on this board and has taken the opposing side from Crowder on this issue is so blind to see that this is NOT a situation that Peyton would like to go to.

Now it is true that there are financial considerations that will, in most cases, outweigh such considerations in the ordinary case that you see every football season but I don't think that Peyton's pay-day will be SO LESSENED by him signing anywhere ELSE BESIDES Denver, that he would be forced to go there despite his distaste for getting involved in that situation.

In short, Peyton is not going to go to a situation (in his old age) where he starts off with HALF of the fans hating him and wondering why their favorite was replaced.

He won't face that in Miami.

Date: March 11, 2012 12:55PM

THE Truth Wrote:

> This isn't going to shock you but I completely
> disagree.
>
> Manning doesn't need to drive up his price. He's
> the biggest FA to EVER hit the market. He just
> names his price.
>
> Besides...if you were right and he was
> orchestrating this to drive up his pay
> day...wouldn't it have made the most sense to
> visit Dan Snyder first?

> What Tebow situation? Elway doesn't like him.
> That's no secret. He just announced to the world
> he'd give his left nut to get Manning in there.
>
> Manning goes to Denver and Tebow is OUT. There
> is no way Manning OR Elway signs on for that
> circus and if Manning were in any way concerned
> about Tebow he never would have gone to Denver.

Maybe it is not about the amount of money, maybe it is structure. Maybe it is control over the direction of the team in the draft or signing people in FA's he wants signed. Maybe there are certain guarantees he wants out of the team, to make himself and his decision more secured. WHo knows? But to think a guy like Peyton Manning, who's family orchestrated where his brother was to go on draft day, has gone into this shooting from the hip, is just hard to believe, and completely unchararteristic of how he handles himself.
I am not arguing anything about Tebow's future other then his presence on the team in Denver and his success last year, winning a play off game, and national popularity, will disuade Manning from signing in Denver... Nothing but risk and downside to being the guy that forces him out... Elways you are right could care less if he could get Peyton... But this decision is not up to Elway it is up to Manning, so that is what I think matters...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:32PM

This thread is laughable, Manning afraid to cross Tebow? Hahahahahahahalololololollolhahahahaha

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 11, 2012 02:28PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:15PM

According to that big poll in Denver, Tebow has 60% of the vote to Manning's 40%.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 11, 2012 03:41PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> No one is saying Manning is afraid to cross Tebow.
> We are just saying that the fans in Denver are
> bitterly divided between those who ABSOLUTELY LOVE
> HIM and those who just as much ABSOLUTELY HATE HIM
> and any QB that replaces him in the starting
> line-up is going to have problems WITH HALF THE
> FANS.
>
> That is not at all expressing fear of Tebow
> himself.

Why in the hell would he even take the visit then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 03:48PM by dolphaholic.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:46PM

THEY BOTH HAVE the SAME AGENT! Its BOGUS. He's driving up our price!

Date: March 11, 2012 03:47PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Here is the reason I dont think Manning will sign
> with Denver...
> Tebow, and not because Denver chooses Tebow over
> Manning, but because Tebow is the most popular
> player in the NFL. A player with a message of
> overcoming, faith, and positivity. All things
> Peyton also supports.... Manning is not going to
> choose to be the guy that gets Tebow benched or
> cut... Peyton is a PR master and being the guy
> that gets Tebow cut or benched, is not the image
> or reputation he wants and for what, Denver?.... I
> just dont think he will do it... There is to much
> unknown or risk invovled with that move, and why
> would Peyton put himself at that risk.

I agree. He had to go sit down and listen to him though. I'd be asking for a Trade no matter what if I was Tebow. F Elway and his buck teeth.

Date: March 11, 2012 04:54PM

I heard he fell in love with Elway and Fox

---------------------

Date: March 11, 2012 05:17PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I heard he fell in love with Elway and Fox

yeah, but thats bc he hasn't met ross and ireland yet! lol

Date: March 11, 2012 05:25PM

Hahaha. smileys with beersmileys with beerthumbs up

---------------------

Date: March 11, 2012 05:27PM

I actually have an exact opposite theory on this topic; Tom Condin is both Tebow and Mannings agent, since Tebow is a huge future cash cow for Condin, Manning to Denver never made sense from Condins perspective, BUT, the one locale that Tebow can be an even bigger cash cow is the state of Florida. There's two teams in the state of Fla with a sagging fan base and no established starting QB, if Tebow becomes available (there's already talk that he'll get traded if Denver gets Manning), the pressure will be humoungous on Miami and Jax to get him, an absolute win/win for Tom Condin.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.