HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ross is in heaven with all of this Dolphins attention and press
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ross is in heaven with all of this Dolphins attention and press
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:35PM

Now he has to pull of the signing... All of this Hype and all of the web and new stories about Manning and Miami, or Wayne, Dwayne Wade.... That is what Ross has envied and desired and now he has it, he isnt going to let go, he wants to ride this train all the way to the bank.... Lets just hope we arent left at the alter ie. Fisher and Harbaugh.... I have a feeling Ross isnt going to let this phish get away.. It would destroy his constant weakening credibility with the fans.... For good or bad Ross is all in, on the side note if we miss signing Manning, he will defintely trade up for RG3 to save his skin... Either way we get one of the top 2 players I wanted at QB next year... cheerssmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 12:37PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ross is in heaven with all of this Dolphins attention and press
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:57PM

I agree we HAVE to get Manning now or this team will be confirmed as a laughingstock with a loser owner. That's what happens when you come off as desperate and can't close the deal. I have warmed up to the idea of Manning and now want it to happen.

I disagree we are in the cards for RG3, we just don't have the ammo. Only way it could happen is CLE signs Flynn and WAS signs Manning.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:59PM

We're the biggest suckers in the world for signing Manning at this stage of his career and it all fits with my last post on the thread "Past QBs."

Date: March 07, 2012 01:08PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree we HAVE to get Manning now or this team
> will be confirmed as a laughingstock with a loser
> owner. That's what happens when you come off as
> desperate and can't close the deal. I have warmed
> up to the idea of Manning and now want it to
> happen.
>
> I disagree we are in the cards for RG3, we just
> don't have the ammo. Only way it could happen is
> CLE signs Flynn and WAS signs Manning.

Berk,
My friend, I have solved the RG3 dilema, and have figured out how to do it.... FOllow me -
THe rams have said that they would trade the number 2 pick to cleveland for their 2 first rd picks this year.. The Browns declined... Well I have the solution.... We need to trade a player to Cleveland for their second pick in the first rd..... Davis, Odrick, Wake (but I would ask for their number 4 pick),Solia, Bess, Dansby or Marshall..
Then we offer our 8 and the 1st pick we aquired in trade with cleveland, now we have two 1st rd picks, which is what the Rams would like.... Now we get RG3, and do it all without giving up future 1st rd picks.... What do u think?
I promise you if we miss out on Manning we will make a move and draft RG3... Ross, needs it, and Ireland is smart enough to pull it off, and wants to keep his job here... If we miss out on Manning and RG3, Ireland is fired....

Date: March 07, 2012 01:09PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> We're the biggest suckers in the world for signing
> Manning at this stage of his career and it all
> fits with my last post on the thread "Past QBs."

the business needs it, and we would move into a win now scenario, 3 years from now, we could be in the shitter, i understand you dilema with the move

Date: March 07, 2012 01:24PM

the manning move could blow up in our face, and it sacrifies the future in place of the present, but manning if healthy (big if) gives us a top 3 QB, one who has seen it all and done it all. won't that be nice?

Date: March 07, 2012 01:38PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> the manning move could blow up in our face, and it
> sacrifies the future in place of the present

I agree completely, but it will also secure 3-5 year contracts for alot of season tickets and compete with the Heat's greatest show on earth... The Business of the Dolphins is in trouble, ross can eat it, but an unhealthy business is horrible for the future as well... Since they all ultimately work for Ross.... it is what it is, smileys with beer to good fortune and some luck for a change...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:45PM

Berk, I agree Manning could blow up in our face, but all of the QB options could blow up in our face. It's plain and simple, if his arm strength is back to normal, we are Superbowl contenders for the next 2/3 years. You can't really say that about Flynn or RG3

Date: March 07, 2012 02:09PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Berk, I agree Manning could blow up in our face,
> but all of the QB options could blow up in our
> face. It's plain and simple, if his arm strength
> is back to normal, we are Superbowl contenders for
> the next 2/3 years. You can't really say that
> about Flynn or RG3

You're right! You're right! You're A THOUSAND TIMES right! No one can deny that ALL THREE of the options could blow up in our face.

Now, let's get down to cases. Which of the three options would make us look MORE FOOLISH if it blew up in our faces.

Taking a QB like Flynn who was best known and played for the Coach we just hired...................{a lot of people would give us a break on that one if Flynn busted}

Taking the Heisman Trophy winner QB of the National champs {a lot of people would cut us some slack on that one}

or..............LOL. Signing an ole injured man looking for a soft place to retire because we were dazzled by his past achievements and cunning....I say cunning....doctors. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

If I had to pick someone to sell the family cow, it wouldn't be Ross. I could hear him saying, when he came back, "but they're MAGIC beans."

Date: March 07, 2012 02:22PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> or..............LOL. Signing an ole injured man
> looking for a soft place to retire because we were
> dazzled by his past achievements and cunning....I
> say cunning....doctors. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Chyren I agree, but we have to rely on the medical staff to determine if he has healed from the injuries, if he hasnt we go all in for RG3. If the profesionals say Manning can throw and move like he did in the past, then u have to go with the boss.. Remember Manning is great at not taking the big hit. Probaly better then any QB ever of avoiding those hits. His knowledge of where the defenders are gonna be and read of the defensive coverage keeps him pretty protected from hits... I dont worry to much that he will be injured from a hit just, that his nerves have fused.. If they have, then age is the only problem... QB's have won superbowls at 36 plus and he is only 35 right now...

Date: March 08, 2012 04:59AM

manning isn't 100% right now. I think all the docs could say is that he is "cleared to play" in the sense that getting hit won't cause a reinjury. As I understand it, the lingering problem is the nerve regeneration, which is directly tied to arm strength. Nerves regenerate on their own schedule, or not at all, so signing him in the next few days (someone will) will mean getting a manning that is not 100%, so it's a risk. But at this point I say let's just take the risk, one of these moves is bound to work out and if it does, like a lot have said, we are a playoff team with a shot at the SB. Can't say that with flynn or RG3 (RG3 is a pipe dream, we can't afford the picks it would take).

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 08, 2012 05:09AM

Tom Moore, Brandon Stokley, Reggie Wayne, and all the other players who saw Peyton throw in Raleigh says he is the same Peyton he has always been.

Somebody is going to strike gold when they sign him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 08, 2012 06:07AM

Seems like a lot of whining about worrying Manning won't sign here.

I'd take our chances over every other team. I for one am optimistic that it will happen and also confident that we'll come out of it okay evedn if he doesn't sign.

There is going to be some interesting options in both free agency and the draft. I feel like we have greatly excelled as a team just from the coaching change.

Manning has most every reason to sign in Miami, and if he doesn't he'll probably wish he had. There will be a QB who wants what's happening here by the time we start camp.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 08, 2012 06:07AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I agree we HAVE to get Manning now or this team
> will be confirmed as a laughingstock with a loser
> owner. That's what happens when you come off as
> desperate and can't close the deal. I have warmed
> up to the idea of Manning and now want it to
> happen.
>

STOP right there Berk.

Manning will go wherever he wants for whatever reason he wants.

It's not going to be a reflection on the teams he doesn't choose.

If he doesn't want to play here there isn't a thing you can do about it. No amount of money or selling the franchise/area will change his mind. This guy is going to get all that and more from whatever team he decides is the best fit for him.

Date: March 08, 2012 06:55AM

of course if he doesn't come here it is a reflection on the franchise. If we offer him a deal you know it will be for as much or more than anyone. If he rejects it and signs with another team (see harbaugh, fisher, even ryan clark), it will be bc he doesn't think much of our FO/team/ownership

Date: March 08, 2012 07:10AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> of course if he doesn't come here it is a
> reflection on the franchise. If we offer him a
> deal you know it will be for as much or more than
> anyone. If he rejects it and signs with another
> team (see harbaugh, fisher, even ryan clark), it
> will be bc he doesn't think much of our
> FO/team/ownership

This isn't going to be a situation where teams are going to make offers. It won't be about money or marketing or any of the ancillary stuff that can impact a normal FA recruitment.

Manning is going to talk to his people narrow his list to a top 2 or 3 and then his agent will call them and see if they want him at whatever price they want.

Is it possible that someone could screw up a deal after getting that call? Sure...and that would reflect badly on that organization.

But manning will go where he thinks he can win NOW. That's all this is about.

If you are the 2nd or 3rd team on his list out of the 12 teams to contact him so far, that isn't a negative reflection on your organization. It just means he doesn't see you as his BEST option to get another ring ASAP.

Date: March 08, 2012 12:42PM

Stop right there....... what are you meatloaf?...lol

If the Dolphins dont sign Manning and they have clearly been going after him and he has had his people like Wayne and others say how great a fit it would be, and he chooses somehwere else, whether you like it or not, it will be another blackeye, left at the alter, kick in the balls for the ownership and management... I will not be made at them for trying their best but would start to question why we have had a problem closing the deal with the lures of either south beach or fort lauderdale living...
TO be honest Manning is going to get the number he wants from us and whatever he wants, so I am not sure why he wouldnt choose this place except for the owenrship or managment at this point...

Date: March 08, 2012 02:13PM

correct crowder, if he picks another team over us it will be a big black mark on the organization. he wants a "winner" and he'd think we are not that.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 08, 2012 03:00PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Berk, I agree Manning could blow up in our
> face,
> > but all of the QB options could blow up in our
> > face. It's plain and simple, if his arm
> strength
> > is back to normal, we are Superbowl contenders
> for
> > the next 2/3 years. You can't really say that
> > about Flynn or RG3
>

> You're right! You're right! You're A THOUSAND
> TIMES right! No one can deny that ALL THREE of
> the options could blow up in our face.
>
> Now, let's get down to cases. Which of the three
> options would make us look MORE FOOLISH if it blew
> up in our faces.
>
> Taking a QB like Flynn who was best known and
> played for the Coach we just
> hired...................{a lot of people would
> give us a break on that one if Flynn busted}
>
> Taking the Heisman Trophy winner QB of the
> National champs {a lot of people would cut us some
> slack on that one}
>
> or..............LOL. Signing an ole injured man
> looking for a soft place to retire because we were
> dazzled by his past achievements and cunning....I
> say cunning....doctors. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.
>
> If I had to pick someone to sell the family cow,
> it wouldn't be Ross. I could hear him saying,
> when he came back, "but they're MAGIC beans."

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, all three options could blow up in our faces, however, if Manning is (truly) healthy, he is our best and safest option, and that is for the next 3 - 5 years. We are talking playoffs in all of those years, and possibly the Super Bowl.

Flynn, as I have been saying all along, is a long shot. The whole league and its fans are basing his capabilities off of two, yes....two games. Sure, he looked good in those two games, but it still is only two games. He just may turn out to be a good QB, but on the other hand....

RG III is another iffy proposition. He just may have all the tools to be a really good QB. However, how long would it take for him to get used to the NFL way of playing? Yes, I know, the same thing was said about Cam Newton and he turned out fine. So, again, with RG III, who knows? And....with RG III, how much would Miami have to give up to get him? Granted, with Manning and Flynn, that will probably bring down the asking price for that #2 pick, but it will still hurt. If RG III was a sure thing, then it wouldn't matter what Miami had to give up. But, he is not a sure thing. Ryan Leaf was supposed to be a sure thing.

I can't agree with your last point, at all, dolphaholic. Manning is not looking for a soft place to retire. He truly wants to continue playing football, and he wants to prove his injury is healed. If, and I say If, Peyton is recovered to at least 90%, he is the guy.

Besides, this is going to put fannies in the sits, which is what Ross needs desperately.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 08, 2012 04:17PM

captkoi Wrote:
> I can't agree with your last point, at all,
> dolphaholic. Manning is not looking for a soft
> place to retire. He truly wants to continue
> playing football, and he wants to prove his injury
> is healed. If, and I say If, Peyton is recovered
> to at least 90%, he is the guy.

I know you're new here capt, but reading is a skill we cherish on this crappy old board. Wanna show me where I made the point you don't agree with?

Date: March 08, 2012 07:03PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> correct crowder, if he picks another team over us
> it will be a big black mark on the organization.
> he wants a "winner" and he'd think we are not
> that.

Although he wants to go to a winner, I think there will be more to his consideration than that. First off was the $28 million bonus he lost. Then there will be considerations like whether he has an offensive line that can afford him maximum protection and, of course, the number of suitor teams that are vying for his services and the ones who can offer the best deal.

Date: March 09, 2012 04:08AM

Date: March 09, 2012 04:34AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> -----
> > correct crowder, if he picks another team over
> us
> > it will be a big black mark on the
> organization.
> > he wants a "winner" and he'd think we are not
> > that.
>
>
> That implies that out of the 12 teams that are
> interested in him there is only one good spot.
>
> There is only one BEST spot. Any number of the
> remaining 11 or so teams could be good places
> where he could win and win big.
>
> Its NOT a knock on them if there is one team he
> likes better...unless you need it to be.

To further my point,

This is like a beauty contest.

Manning is the Star QB at the High School dance. When he walks in all the pretty girls line up to see which one he'll choose.

The fact that he picks one over the others doesn't mean the remaining girls are ugly, just that he liked one more than the rest.

That's all.

Date: March 09, 2012 05:40AM

we are in competition with teams like DEN, KC, SEA, WAS. In years past this would be a no-brainer for anyone. If he picks any of those teams over us, it would reflect very poorly. It's not like he is considering teams like the Steelers, Pats, NYG.

Date: March 09, 2012 06:45AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> we are in competition with teams like DEN, KC,
> SEA, WAS. In years past this would be a no-brainer
> for anyone. If he picks any of those teams over
> us, it would reflect very poorly. It's not like he
> is considering teams like the Steelers, Pats, NYG.

Its not a competition. Its out of our hands.

Its a beauty pageant at this point. And yes, he's not looking at elite teams because they are already married to an elite QB.

He's looking at teams that need a QB. Not the best teams in the league. ALL of the teams he's considering have warts: Non-playoff...holes in the roster...no QB...

He's going to pick the one that looks best, that gives him his best shot to win. He's NOT going to give everyone a shot to compete for his services by winning him over with more money, better marketing opportunities, better facilities, better fans, better cheerleaders...etc...etc.

Date: March 09, 2012 06:56AM

we are saying the same thing. it is a beauty pageant. And if he picks another team, what does that say about us? nothing good, that's for sure.

Date: March 09, 2012 07:06AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> we are saying the same thing. it is a beauty
> pageant. And if he picks another team, what does
> that say about us? nothing good, that's for sure.

Is that what you'd tell your daughter if she finished 2nd or 3rd in a beauty pageant?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:57AM

Are the fellas getting a tad sensitive around here?

First of all, beauty pageants are demeaning so I recommend not subjecting your daughters to such superficial judgment to begin with.

Beyond that, it’s obvious Manning likes the area and finds it “pretty” because he has a place in SFL. The fans want him. The essential ingredients for his success are ready to go. It’s a great fit. What size rings do we need to order?

Don’t worry. Be happy.

BNF.

Date: March 09, 2012 08:26AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> -----
> > we are saying the same thing. it is a beauty
> > pageant. And if he picks another team, what
> does
> > that say about us? nothing good, that's for
> sure.
>
>
> Is that what you'd tell your daughter if she
> finished 2nd or 3rd in a beauty pageant?

yes, after I disowned her!

Date: March 09, 2012 08:38AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> -----
> > berkeley223 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > we are saying the same thing. it is a beauty
> > > pageant. And if he picks another team, what
> > does
> > > that say about us? nothing good, that's for
> > sure.
> >
> >
> > Is that what you'd tell your daughter if she
> > finished 2nd or 3rd in a beauty pageant?
>
>
> yes, after I disowned her!

grinning smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.