Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Reggie Wayne gets excited about Peyton and him in Miami...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Reggie Wayne gets excited about Peyton and him in Miami...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reggie Wayne gets excited about Peyton and him in Miami...
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:54AM

I saw Omar tweeting about it, from Waynes radio appearance on WQAM in south florida. It sure sounds like he would like to be here with Manning... Also all of the vegas sports books have Miami as the odds favorite on where Peyton will land.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:59AM

This is going to be the biggest gamble in the history of the franchise. If Peyton is healthy, then we're immediate Superbowl contenders. On the other hand, if Peyton isn't healthy, then he'll be added to an infamous list of QB's who came in as saviors and left on stretchers:

Pennington (ok..we got ONE good year)
Culpepper
Green

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 11:04AM by montequi.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 11:02AM

Whatever happens i hope its for the best of this team.

Maybe manning will change this teams fortunes for once in their lifetimes....

Maybe not!!!!!

We'll see.

Date: March 07, 2012 11:08AM

Monte,
signing Manning is a win win for everybody in the organization.. Ross needs a golden goose like Manning to help sell season tickets and boost hype... ROss would go from a signifigant money loser to a cash flow positive business.... He once though that was a Myth maming the Dolphins cash flow positive and all of a sudden and angle like Manning comes along, ROss will offer him more money then anyone else...Why? Because Manning has more value to Ross then anyone else, in the hundreds of millions of dollars range. So Ross would probably gladly pay Peyton 25 million dollars a year, no one else is going to be willing to do that... As far as Ireland and Philbin go, if they go against Ross on this, that is what they are costing him, and the risk and resentment from your boss, would guarantee their early departure if they didnt make up the money Ross would lose by not signing Manning.... So all that being said, the fix is in, nobody is gonna fight the boss on this one, Ireland is on thin ice and Philbin is a newbie and non confrontational... It is 100 percent in Mannings court, the money is here..... to be continued........

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 07, 2012 11:39AM

That's pretty funny, really.

I'm pretty sure Reggie Wayne still has game. But he's way on the backside. Not sure he'd be a legit upgrade over a kid like Hartline.

It's pretty high risk betting on fading vets, especially in bunches.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 11:46AM

Reggie would be a big upgrade over Hartline this year. In two years though, I don't think there will be much difference between the two. Signing vets is fine as long as we are smart with the contracts. Short term deals with little guaranteed money after the 1st season.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 07, 2012 11:57AM

I'd rather sign Garcon, but if it takes signing Wayne to get Manning to come here then sign him up!

Date: March 07, 2012 12:17PM

I dont care whether or not we sign Wayne, I dont think it would have an impact on Mannings impact here, except maybe in big play off games, when those veterans come out of no where and make the impossile game winning catch.... so that being said Wayne should be a playoff sign, not a regular season stats guy at his age IMO

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:00PM

We're the biggest suckers in the world for signing Manning at this stage of his career and it all fits with my last post on the thread "Past QBs."

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:23PM

If Peyton is healthy is a in the top 3 of QB's in the league and will remain in the top 3 for 4 more years.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 02:19PM

i dont really see ho wwe lose if we sign him....i am assuming he will sign a team friendly contract as far as his being able to perform to peyton type standards..he makes us assumably ammideitlty relevant ...renews my interest in this team(bradyvs manning )...and while i know he is not known to be a grat tutor if we can draft a later rd qb in the next few years to learn behind him that could be helplful///he is either not going to be able to perform injury wise which we release him nxt yr or immediatly makes us a threat to th epats...the only danger i guess is the in between where he is performing just well enough to want to continue but doesnt have it to cary us to the next level liek we are all hoping but imo even if this is the case he props us up and makes the next few years more interesting(sorry to all those that want the high draft pick for the next few years)

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 03:52PM

I think the Wayne signing would be a positive impact in two ways.

1) He is still productive. He still had over 900 yards receiving last season with whatever they trotted out at QB. The man can play.

2) He will be able to work with our other receivers closely and teach them things. Like how to be a professional, tips on football, and, most importantly, what Peyton expects from his WR's. Wayne can teach our WR how Peyton likes specific routes, how he wants them to react in specific coverage, etc. I don't think this can be undervalued and it will be a huge benefit.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 07, 2012 04:54PM

Crowder: win/win?? What? Is Ross really going to get butts in the seats to watch Manning pace the sidelines? NO!! People want to watch him play. It's only a win/win if Manning is healthy!

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 08, 2012 05:29AM

reggie my brotha from the "U" come one home. I didnt think we really had a shot at manning because big name free agents NEVER go where experts say they will. There is always a team lingering in the dark that no one knows about that swoops in and get the FA. However, forget what you heard, next to manning and his family wayne has the largest influence on where he goes... come on home wayne.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 10, 2012 03:43PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Wayne signing would be a positive
> impact in two ways.
>
> 1) He is still productive. He still had over 900
> yards receiving last season with whatever they
> trotted out at QB. The man can play.
>
> 2) He will be able to work with our other
> receivers closely and teach them things. Like how
> to be a professional, tips on football, and, most
> importantly, what Peyton expects from his WR's.
> Wayne can teach our WR how Peyton likes specific
> routes, how he wants them to react in specific
> coverage, etc. I don't think this can be
> undervalued and it will be a huge benefit.

-------------------------------------------------------

You are dead-on dolphin, especially with point #2. That alone would be worth his salary (if he doesn't demand one that is outrageous).

If Wayne is serious about signing with the team that signs Peyton, then I truly believe he will come at a decent price. He knows he is getting up there in years, but when he retires he will be retiring in Miami (where he presently lives) and he gets to catch more passes from Peyton.

When Ross sits down to talk with Peyton, I would tell him that Wayne would be signed if Peyton also signs.

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: March 12, 2012 09:33PM

Given the "Manning Mania" going on....competing with Denver, AZ, Tenn..... why not sign RW tomorrow?
(Before getting Manning)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.