HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Colts cutting bait wednesday!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Colts cutting bait wednesday!
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 06, 2012 01:57PM

The Colts have a press conf scheduled on Wednesday to part ways with Manning, looks like It's gonna be an interesting weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colts cutting bait wednesday!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:03PM

They could make this REALLY interesting by trading Manning to the Rams for the #2 pick drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 02:04PM by montequi.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:16PM

And Victor. I'm not following you. They trade him to STL and then they have the no.1 and no.2 pick as well and what do they do then?

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:17PM

We need to get Manning. Nuff said.

Date: March 06, 2012 02:18PM

Did you vote Colonel?

Date: March 06, 2012 02:19PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Victor. I'm not following you. They trade
> him to STL and then they have the no.1 and no.2
> pick as well and what do they do then?

pretty sure it was a joke Chyren............I hope!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:38PM

I like Manning if we dont want to go after RG3. If We dont sign Manning I would like to see us trade a player to the Browns for their pick in the twenties and then trade that pick and our 8 to the rams for pick number 2 and select RG3... Either way is good with me

Date: March 06, 2012 02:49PM

Date: March 06, 2012 02:54PM

Yeah I see what you mean, Dolphaholic. I should have paid attention to the words really interesting.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 06, 2012 03:18PM

montequi Wrote:
> They could make this REALLY interesting by trading
> Manning to the Rams for the #2 pick drinking smiley

---------------------------------------------------------

Why would the Rams trade for Manning when they have Bradford?

Brad will be around for a long time, while Manning has only 2-3 years (if he remains healthy). Getting Manning is not going to get the Rams to the Super Bowl in that short period of time. The Rams are a decent team, but have quite a few holes to fill before they can even think about the SB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 06, 2012 03:47PM

wow, sarcasm is lost on this board

Date: March 06, 2012 04:04PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And Victor. I'm not following you. They trade
> > him to STL and then they have the no.1 and no.2
> > pick as well and what do they do then?
>
>
> pretty sure it was a joke Chyren............I
> hope!

THANK YOU dolphaholic!!! At least SOMEONE got it!! Hence the guy getting drunk at the end of the line.

Date: March 06, 2012 04:06PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> wow, sarcasm is lost on this board

You're usually on-the-ball Berk smileys with beer

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 06, 2012 05:18PM

Watch out for KC in the Manning sweepstakes. I think they are going to be our biggest competitor for him. And they have the advantage of playing in an incredibly weak division where Manning would basically be guaranteed a playoff spot.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 06, 2012 07:45PM

Agreed mark. I would be surprised if manning didn't end up here or in KC. Easily the best two situations for him. Seattle and Denver are sleepers and no one else should be on his radar at this point.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:30AM

I think the reports about Manning not wanting to go the NFC are accurate. Manning knows individual defenders so well that moving to the NFC would be a disadvantage for him. I heard an interview with Frank Reich last week, he coached Manning for a few years. He said that Manning studies and knows individual defenders' so well that it's a huge part of his preparation and his gamesmanship. So, I don't know that Seattle is a good fit.

I agree that Denver could be a major player. It depends on if they want to replace Tebow or just give him competition.

Date: March 07, 2012 02:08AM

I'm hearing reports that Manning will be in no hurry to sign with any team (could drag on a month or so), this would be really bad for us. If Manning isn't serious about coming to Miami, we need to act on Flynn (WITH Philbins blessing that is) right away or we're gonna be stuck with Tannehill @ #8 or Weadon in rnd 2.

Date: March 07, 2012 08:46AM

Date: March 07, 2012 08:54AM

I forgot to add that a lot of people on this board think that the ABSENCE OF Peyton was the ONLY DIFFERENCE between that Great Colts team of the last 10 years and the one that looked like it wouldn't win a single game.

If that was true, then WHY would the Colts want to get rid of him instead of keeping him for those two years, drafting Luck and then starting Luck after those two years?

Date: March 07, 2012 09:01AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> I think the reports about Manning not wanting to
> go the NFC are accurate. Manning knows individual
> defenders so well that moving to the NFC would be
> a disadvantage for him.

Marshall Faulk said on NFL network, the real reason Peyton doesnt want to be in the NFC, is he doesnt want to be in the same conference as his brother, and half to knock off or get by beat his brother for a shot at a SUperbowl, they want to compete against each other in the Superbowl, not on the way to it... The family and brothers are tight and that is why.... Interesting, never heard that before...

Posted by: mrd357 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:04AM

A 28 Million dollar bonus and his unwillingness to restructure it was a pretty good reason I thought.....lol.

Posted by: runrickyrun ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:05AM

Well he should skip the AFC east as well as he will lose to the Pats/Jets consistently as a fin... He is done and better to slink his neck somewhere else. I don't want him throwing pick 6's here.

Date: March 07, 2012 09:14AM

Does anyone consistently lose to the Jets? Not us, as our record recently against them shows. If we can beat the Jets with Henne and Moore then why in the world could we not beat them with Peyton?

I hope he "slinks" his healthy neck down to Miami so we can finally beat the Pats.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:53AM

We don't need Manning to beat the Jets and I really don't believe that we need him to beat the Pat's either. I'd rather have Flynn.

Date: March 07, 2012 09:58AM

Flynn, could just easily be the next Kevin Kolb.... The only benefit of Flynn is he knows the offense... Other then that, he has very very little game time experience, to judge his success and failure on.... I would rather have RG3, becasue, who knows next time we will be this close to be able to draft a QB like him in the next ten years.... So why not pull the trigger this year.....I suppose Peyton Manning.... RG3, Manning, I wouldnt sign Flynn unless he took a Matt Moore type of deal, he is no where near the money people have been talking he will ask for....

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:05AM

Flynn will be another bust just watch. An even worst version of that qb from denver last year.

Date: March 07, 2012 10:07AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:27AM

Some of you guys think like a pack of dogs…

Just because some other backup QB’s have flopped that doesn’t mean ALL backup QB’s flop. That’s point #1. Point #2 is: if Philbin invests in Fynn then we can be 100% confident it’s NOT JUST BASED on 2 amazing performances, it’s based on YEARS with the kid day in and day out.

Personally I absolutely hope Philbin wants the kid because RG3 needs training wheels and would destroy out next 2 drafts in the process. Enough of the insanity. It’s ain’t happening. Philbin is a methodical, high IQ guy, and he’s NOT going to go all Sybil on us right out of the box.

BNF. With green eggs and ham.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 10:28AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: March 07, 2012 10:30AM

Well said Crowder. RGIII is one of the best prospects to come out in the past decade. From all the scouting reports I have read, he is in the 7.2-7.4 range. To compare, in the past decade only Matt Ryan has cracked 7.0 and most had him right at 7.0-7.1. Stafford and Bradford were 6.6-6.7 and a few had them as high as 6.9-7.0 but the majority was at the mid to upper 6 range. No one else was even close.

Obviously Luck is up there with a solid 7.3-7.5.

If Luck wasn't so extraordinary then even more people would be gushing about RGIII. You don't find these kind of prospects every year. If we don't get RGIII and think you can find another guy of similar quality the next year or the year after that, then your wrong. These types of guys are once in every ten years as far as ability coming out of college.

Now, it is impossible to predict further development, such as Rodgers or Brees. I can tell you right now that Rodgers and Brees are nothing like they were coming out of college. Their noticeable improvements in arm strength, footwork, decision making, and accuracy are not very common. They always had good feet and were good decision makers in college but they have become excellent with their feet and decision making in the past few seasons. Their arms have developed from good to extraordinary. It is very, very rare to see the across the board jumps in mental and physical ability that these guys have accomplished. Not to mention, both play for offensive geniuses and are surrounded by elite talent which helped immensely in their development.

Brady is an anomaly so I won't discuss him here (plus I despise him). Manning had similar hype as Luck. This is what it takes to get an all world QB. You have to get a once in a decade prospect or get a guy to make huge jumps across the board, propelled by receiving top notch coaching and being surrounded by elite talent.

Developing QBs can be a crap shoot but, compared to RGIII(and Luck), your not going to find a prospect with a better package of physical skills, mental capacity, and polish in the next decade.

Date: March 07, 2012 10:56AM

BNF arent you tired of the last 10 to 12 or whatever the number of qbs.... weve had that have flopped?

What makes you think flynn will amount to anything?

He has almost as much NFL experience as robertg111.

I want new blood from the draft.

Not another scrub from another team...We've been through this before and its never worked. Why do you believe its going to work now?

I respect everyones opinions as i also have mine...But

Im just tired of the same thing over the years. Over and over again.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.