HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          what will they do??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
what will they do??
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 01, 2012 07:23PM

Hello all, i hope everyone is doing well. I am at a complete loss as to what this team will do. I dont see them making the jump to get rg3. I just dont think they have the balls to do it, i dont see flynn coming here, i dont know why, just a gut feeling but i think we will have moore again and just absolutely tank the pick. My opinion is they should have gotten him before but i would love if they made a run at brees much more than manning or flynn. I dont think we will have a good qb here this year. I think they will let them all slip away trying to woo them with mediocre money. I hope i am wrong but anyway does anyone have an opinion on brees??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what will they do??
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 02, 2012 02:10AM

New Orleans is not letting him go. And you don't make the financial commitment he needs, and then try to force him into a West Coast Offense. You can argue that about Manning, too. But, Manning is going to sign a low money deal with incentives, with an ability to get out of the deal after one year. So, you try to make it work for a year, and if it doesn't, you move on. If you make the commitment to Brees, then you have to ask Sherman and Philbin to do something different with the offense they know, or ask Brees to do something he's never done before. And, to make room for Brees, you are going to have to start cutting other players. We are $15M under the cap. Brees wants $22M. In order to sign Brees and just our draft picks, we'd need to cut or restructure enough to free up another $12M. The only way you get to free up that money is to start dumping our high priced players. It's not realistic.

Date: March 02, 2012 02:26AM

I think it kinda depends on other Teams a bit. I think we do have the balls to go for RGIII, but we just can't compete with the Browns. They have a #4 and a later 1st rounder. They want him, they got him. I think 1 thing is for sure, unlike last season , we will have some new QB blood one way or another for sure. Best scenerio is The Browns get Flynn and go for value. Then we move up.

Worst scenrio is we get Peyton and a late rounder prospect like Weeden. Grab a line man at #8. Maybe we move #8 and grab an extra pick, who knows?

Should be interesting though. VERY GLAD Saprano is gone. Guy was a Loser. Very happy he is a Jet and hope He goes after his Robot Henne.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 02, 2012 07:20AM

glad to see fiedlerhater has discovered punctuation. much easier to read, thanks.

I agree that Brees won't be let go. I have some optimism that we get Manning or RGIII. Take Reiff, Coples, Poe, or trade down in the first. I like the idea of trading down and getting that G out of Stanford. Guy is gonna be a beast. Then let Garner, Jerry, and Murtha figure out RT amongst themselves.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 02, 2012 03:52PM

I just don't agree with drafting a OL at #8 -- just too high. If the guy was a world beater, then OK, but a world beater won't be available at 8.

That pick is for the best guy on the board -- a playmaker; a guy that can change the game. Reif will not do that, and I mention his name because there are at least 3 draft experts who have him going to Miami with their mock drafts. I just don't see it. Miami has had problems with that OL for years, no matter who they put in there, so OL will have to come with later picks.

For that #8 pick, I don't care which side of the line he plays on, as long as he is a difference-maker.

BTW -- no way Brees comes to Miami -- no way N.O. lets him go!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 03, 2012 04:41AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't agree with drafting a OL at #8 --
> just too high. If the guy was a world beater,
> then OK, but a world beater won't be available at
> 8.
>
> That pick is for the best guy on the board -- a
> playmaker; a guy that can change the game. Reif
> will not do that, and I mention his name because
> there are at least 3 draft experts who have him
> going to Miami with their mock drafts. I just
> don't see it. Miami has had problems with that OL
> for years, no matter who they put in there, so OL
> will have to come with later picks.
>
> For that #8 pick, I don't care which side of the
> line he plays on, as long as he is a
> difference-maker.
>
> BTW -- no way Brees comes to Miami -- no way N.O.
> lets him go!

Riley is a beast.

He's a LT in the NFL and we'd be playing him at RT. He'd give us insurance in case Long continues to break down.

He'd give us a ridiculously good oline if Long stays healthy.

If you have a great o-line you have a chance to win with a mediocre QB and you have a terrific shot at winning a title with a great QB.

If he's the best player on the board...take him.

But I'd have no problems with trading down into the middle or end of the 1st round and taking G- David DeCastro from Stanford or OT Mike Adams from Ohio State if we go Oline in the 1st.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.