HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Huge game tonight!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Huge game tonight!
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 23, 2012 08:33AM

Well, maybe not so much. It doesn't impact the standings or the playoffs but The Heat are the standard that every team with fantasys or dreams of title contention measure themselves by.

Tonight I get to see if my new look knicks can run with the big dogs.

Frankly, I can't remember the last time I gave a crap about a regular season Knicks game. It's got to be at least 10 years.

Hope it's a good game.drinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Huge game tonight!
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 08:42AM

GO HEAT........................

Final Score...

Heat 115

Knicks 69

LOL.

How can we be phins breathen and at the same time be rivals in another sports...hah.

.............I couldnt sleep for days after that allan houston last second shot.................That alone makes me hate the knicks with a passion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 08:44AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:24AM

Just posted to see if TT will peek.

Made you look you dirty crook.

Date: February 23, 2012 10:29AM

ChrenB incoming PM.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:48AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, maybe not so much. It doesn't impact the
> standings or the playoffs but The Heat are the
> standard that every team with fantasys or dreams
> of title contention measure themselves by.
>
> Tonight I get to see if my new look knicks can run
> with the big dogs.
>
> Frankly, I can't remember the last time I gave a
> crap about a regular season Knicks game. It's got
> to be at least 10 years.
>
> Hope it's a good game.drinking smiley

uhhh you said run with the big dogs, i think you mean run with the big dog since no other team is coming close to us right now!!! lol... Whats funny i was born in NY and still live in the tristate area and i hate all NY teams. I cant explain it. although i am a closet lin fan smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2012 10:51AM

Reppa if you hate all new york teams...then lets toast.....smileys with beer

BTW i do not hate the giants that much...The only time i truly hate them is when they play the phins.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:52AM

The Heat will bring the Knicks...and Lin...back down to earth. The Knicks may look good on paper, but on-the-court is what counts.

Date: February 23, 2012 10:52AM

In fact the giants have done me proud in the superbowl and twice.

Date: February 23, 2012 10:54AM

montequi Wrote:
> The Heat will bring the Knicks...and Lin...back
> down to earth. The Knicks may look good on paper,
> but on-the-court is what counts.

Anything can happen. I just hope they do not sleepwalk against a very talented knicks team.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 23, 2012 11:04AM

yeah, the giants are ok by me too. They stopped the pats perfect season in 2008 and stopped brady from reaching immortality in 2012. I have no beef with the G-men. With that kind of service i now root for them smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:41PM

I'll I can say is WOW!! What a crazy freaking game. Lebron was absolutely insane tonight. The Knicks did a good job matching Miami's energy level in the 1st quarter and in being able to hang with them in general that quarter, but after that the Heat went into overdrive and just became absolutely DOMINANT.

Honestly, the Heat's defense is straight up violent. They stripped Lin over and over. The kid coughed up the ball 8 times on turnovers. As the game progressed they got more and more dominant with rebounds, blocks, and steals and of course in scoring. In fact the final score really doesn't give an accurate picture of just how dominant the Heat played tonight. The Knicks really were overmatched. Lebron was everywhere tonight and a monster on defense, Wade was typical Wade clutch, and Bosh scored more than anyone else on the team and was aggressive in the paint against Chandler, fighting for every rebound and scoring in the paint right in Chandlers face.

Also, hats off to Cole and Chalmers, two guards who are huge assets to this team. Chalmers has been killing it from the 3 point line and Cole has been a real nice surprise. They both completely shut Lin down when it was there turn to guard him. I mean Lin has been scoring in the mid to high 20's every single night since he became the starter and tonight against the Heat, he had as many points as he had turnovers, 8. This Heat team looks scary. Can't wait for the playoffs.

That being said, I still think the Knicks are a good team with a lot of upside and I think Lin will continue to get better. I think in a lot of ways they are going through some of the growing pains that the Heat went through last year. They have too much talent and diversity through complimentary skill sets to not be a really good team in this league. Tonight the Heat just showed that they're really on a whole other level. Here's to hoping it continues all the way to the Finals and to hoisting up that trophy smileys with beer

Date: February 24, 2012 03:41AM

You have to give the heat credit. They are the real deal.

Interesting game that would have been very different in NY but it clearly showed a couple of things...

1) the Knicks are for real in that they are a vastly better team than they were at the start of the season. One wold expect that they will better as they play together longer.

and...

2) The gulf between the Heat and the Knicks is substantial.

Date: February 24, 2012 05:08AM

The knicks will be much better when they gel..............They have a lot of new players.

Date: February 24, 2012 06:16AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> The knicks will be much better when they
> gel..............They have a lot of new players.

Keep dreaming. The Knicks will make the playoffs and have an early exit in the 1st round.

Date: February 24, 2012 06:40AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The knicks will be much better when they
> > gel..............They have a lot of new
> players.
>
> Keep dreaming. The Knicks will make the playoffs
> and have an early exit in the 1st round.

I meant next year. And i hope they make an early exit yes.

Date: February 24, 2012 06:40AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> -----
> > The knicks will be much better when they
> > gel..............They have a lot of new
> players.
>
> Keep dreaming. The Knicks will make the playoffs
> and have an early exit in the 1st round.

Knicks are the 3rd best team in the east right now.

If they don't end up in the 7th or 8th seed and have to play the heat or the Bulls they will get to round #2.

Date: February 24, 2012 06:44AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The knicks will be much better when they
> > > gel..............They have a lot of new
> > players.
> >
> > Keep dreaming. The Knicks will make the
> playoffs
> > and have an early exit in the 1st round.
>
>
> Knicks are the 3rd best team in the east right
> now.
>
> If they don't end up in the 7th or 8th seed and
> have to play the heat or the Bulls they will get
> to round #2.

Huh? Orlando is the 3rd best team in the east, not NY. Sure, Philly and Boston have stumbled as of late, but I think they'll both recover after the All-Star break.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 24, 2012 11:01AM

I hate the Knicks, but I do miss the competitive rivalry that use to exist between the Heat and Knicks, back in the days of Van GUndy attaching himself to Alonzo Mournings leg and before, that rivalry is why i fell in love with Heat Basketball.... SO it will be nice to have that back, although it has been nice not having to listen to the punk a*s obnxious New York fans in the arena for a decade or so, they seem to dissappear in the stands when their teams suck..smileys with beer

Date: February 24, 2012 11:32AM

None of this Eastern stuff matters. In the end it will either be 1) Lakers 2) Clippers or 3) Thunder.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: February 24, 2012 10:54PM

Ha Chyren.

Lakers have gaping holes at SF and C and limited depth everywhere. They will be fortunate to make it out of the first round and if Kobe, Pau, or Bynum gets hurt for more than a few games, they might not even make the playoffs.

Clippers are good and if they can replace Billups effectively then they might represent the West. I doubt it though. They have 5 PG and struggle to guard opposing SGs. Jordan and Griffin are both very raw still and Del Negro is nothing special at coach.

Thunder will probably make it to the finals but the Heat will feast on them. The Thunder have lots of problems with TO's and the Heat are great at creating TO's and turning them into easy fastbreak points. Total matchup nightmare.

Also, the Knicks are the second most talented team in the East and possibly the second most talented team in the league (assuming Lin can sustain borderline all star level of play 16ppg, 8apg, 3rpg, 1.5spg, and fewer TO). They just need time to gel, create chemistry, and figure out how they are going to play offense.

They will be much better next year at these things although not as deep. Worst case scenario they lose Baron Davis, J.R. Smith, Jared Jeffries, and Steve Novak in FA. They will definitely lose Davis and probably lose J.R. but Novak and Jeffries are more likely to return. J.R. would easily be the biggest loss. They are pretty much stealing by only paying him a pro rated portion of his 2.38 million dollar salary. If he doesn't pick up his 2.5 mil PO then he would at least double his salary by playing for another team.

Date: February 25, 2012 04:25AM

Talent on paper doesn't necessarily translate to talent on the court. Chicago is still the 2nd-best team in the East, BY FAR,

Date: February 25, 2012 01:48PM

I totally agree mont. I was only talking about talent on paper. I was making the point that if the Knicks can figure some things out they have an enormously talented roster.

Date: February 25, 2012 03:55PM

Hey 1423, I even forgot to add the Mavs, the Reigning Champs. If the East has all this Talent....how come they haven't won the Championship in a month of Sundays?

Date: February 25, 2012 07:09PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey 1423, I even forgot to add the Mavs, the
> Reigning Champs. If the East has all this
> Talent....how come they haven't won the
> Championship in a month of Sundays?

Chyren, I agree that top to bottom the West has waaay more talent than the East. The West is the better conference. I just think that the East has two elite teams that are better than everyone in the West. The Heat and Bulls have very good records when playing Western Conference teams this season.

Mavs are very good as well but I wouldn't put them atop the Bulls, Thunder, or Heat this year. They are a year older (which is a bad thing when you have an old team) and they lost Tyson Chandler. They will be better next year when they get Deron Williams or Dwight or maybe even both.

The Heat will avenge their flop in the finals last year and bring the trophy back to the East. I think it's becoming pretty obvious that they are the best team in the NBA and the second best team isn't even close right now. All of the top Western teams and the Bulls have flaws but the Heat don't really have any flaws at this point.

Date: February 25, 2012 07:13PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> I totally agree mont. I was only talking about
> talent on paper. I was making the point that if
> the Knicks can figure some things out they have an
> enormously talented roster.

I just don't think 'Melo fits the style of play they have with Lin. 'Melo needs the ball in his hands, ala Lebron. Lin is a team QB..a distributing PG. 'Melo is better when he can hog the ball. I don't see him adjusting.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 26, 2012 09:28AM

I can't remember when I last gave a crap for ANY professional basketball game...Oh, yes I can. NEVER!

Rick

Date: March 04, 2012 01:57PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> Ha Chyren.
>
> Lakers have gaping holes at SF and C and limited
> depth everywhere. They will be fortunate to make
> it out of the first round and if Kobe, Pau, or
> Bynum gets hurt for more than a few games, they
> might not even make the playoffs.

RESPONSE: Today March 4, 2012, Lakers 93 Heat 83.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 04, 2012 02:21PM

Theyre 40 year old bodies will need 2 weeks to recuperate. Bet they lose 3 in a row.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 04, 2012 02:26PM

LOL. Of course, betting is illegal and even a retired prosecutor would not....oh, only to live in Nevada.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:29PM

Hahahahahasmileys with beergrinning smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.