HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Last year at this Time.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Last year at this Time.........
Date: February 22, 2012 02:24AM

I was in a much different space.

Besides the lockout , Any Talk of Pro Chad Henne Pissed me off to no extent. The whole team vibe was really aggravating to me. Then the promises of at least some competition at the QB spot were all B.S. They intended to start him and I'm confident he would have finished the season if he hadn't been hurt. Then they passed on any QB's in the draft, and moved up and drafted a RB with a quality prospect on the board. angry smiley

Anyhow today I'm feeling way better. Honestly .......to see what the dolphins do in either free agency or the draft at the QB spot is going to be interesting . But I'm not as livid about the position as I was last year at this Time. Matt Moore is not the answer , but he's the best at the position we have had in over a decade. The Guy deserves some Props. he didn't give up and I had the best time in a long while at the jets/Dolphins game Jan 1st.

It will be interesting to see what they do, I hope for the best , but I feel alot better that Matt Moore is here.

I really feel good about the is season and I haven't fely like that in a longggggggg time.

Go Phins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last year at this Time.........
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:36PM

Last year at this time I was deployed to the Middle East and it sucked.

Date: February 23, 2012 01:45AM

I bet. Glad to have ya back!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:02AM

Thanks Treasurecoast. And you pretty much spot on nailed it with how I felt about this team last year. Only thing is I'm a little apprehensive instead of feeling good about what's going to happen.

Ross's big speech that he gave scares me a little. Obviously Moore stepped up and played well when Henne went down, but he seemed to have gotten no appreciation for it whatsoever. I just hope that Ross & Ireland don't do anything stupidly desperate, because there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of QB options for the Dolphins out there right now.

I really hope that their new found revelation to obtain a franchise QB doesn't wind up coming back to kick us all in the nuts. After contemplating the last ten plus years, I'm not convinced that this franchise has had someone competent enough to properly judge talent at the QB position when it comes to the draft. Also, the free agent market for QB is also looking a bit grim to add to my apprehension.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:01AM

What do you mean, Mike sherman is the one who actually drafted Aaron Rodgers, philbin was there as well, the only question mark is whether or not ireland will be humble enough to listen to there opinion

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:20AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Ross's big speech that he gave scares me a little.
> Obviously Moore stepped up and played well when
> Henne went down, but he seemed to have gotten no
> appreciation for it whatsoever. I just hope that
> Ross & Ireland don't do anything stupidly
> desperate, because there doesn't seem to be a
> whole lot of QB options for the Dolphins out there
> right now.

Agree. What would be stupid would be to get rid of Moore. If we can get RGIII or Wheeden in the second round or even play the lotto on a QB in the Sixth round, we should do it. But getting rid of Moore is not a good option.

Signing Peyton would be the MOST URGENT SCENARIO wherein we would need to keep Moore. The season ending injury potential would be at its greatest.

Therefore whether RGIII, Wheeden, a sixth round option or Peyton, Moore on the team is an absolute necessity.

Edited to add that I forgot to mention Flynn. Even if Flynn comes, he is a largely untested element. We need to have Moore to one, see if Flynn can beat him out and even if that happens, two, as a backup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 10:22AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 27, 2012 11:22AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Ross's big speech that he gave scares me a
> little.
> > Obviously Moore stepped up and played well when
> > Henne went down, but he seemed to have gotten
> no
> > appreciation for it whatsoever. I just hope
> that
> > Ross & Ireland don't do anything stupidly
> > desperate, because there doesn't seem to be a
> > whole lot of QB options for the Dolphins out
> there
> > right now.
>
> Agree. What would be stupid would be to get rid
> of Moore. If we can get RGIII or Wheeden in the
> second round or even play the lotto on a QB in the
> Sixth round, we should do it. But getting rid of
> Moore is not a good option.
>
> Signing Peyton would be the MOST URGENT SCENARIO
> wherein we would need to keep Moore. The season
> ending injury potential would be at its greatest.
>
> Therefore whether RGIII, Wheeden, a sixth round
> option or Peyton, Moore on the team is an absolute
> necessity.
>
> Edited to add that I forgot to mention Flynn.
> Even if Flynn comes, he is a largely untested
> element. We need to have Moore to one, see if
> Flynn can beat him out and even if that happens,
> two, as a backup.

------------------------------------------------------

Moore isn't going anywhere - he still has another year on his contract, and he needs to remain in Miami for all the scenarios that have been brought up.

Date: February 27, 2012 03:00PM

Yep. Moore is an important supporting cast member. I'd like to do better, but I sure as hell know we could do ALOT worse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.