HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          QB poll
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
QB poll
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:53AM

Poll
What do you want us to do at QB?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
25 votes were received.
Trade up for RG3 (cost of 2 1sts, 2 2ds, and a 4th) 2

8%
Sign Matt Flynn 14

56%
Sign Payton Manning 9

36%

I am leaning towards Flynn, then RG3, then Manning. If we could get RG3 for less in a trade I'd move him up, but that's unlikely and that's not the poll!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: QB poll
Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:57AM

I really do not think RG3 will be worth that price tag. Manning should only be a side note if we sign him (we will still need to immediatley work for the future Qcool smiley. We need to really push Indy for the #1 spot.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:03AM

trade up...............................

Matt Flynn???????? Another bust......NOPE

Payton manning could be a one or two year thing thats it.....NOPE

Date: February 07, 2012 08:05AM

In other words i wish the phins management would grow some cojones for once in their lifetimes.

They haven't gotten nowhere ever been PU$$IES.

Date: February 07, 2012 08:11AM

Btw i wouldnt mind at all if we sign manning to start and draft griffin to learn from the future hall of famer.

Sign manning as a free agent though.

That would make the phins organization offseason bigtime. Adn it would make my day too.

Date: February 07, 2012 08:14AM

only way manning makes sense is if we sign him and also attempt to draft a franchise guy. Only 2 franchise guys in this draft---Luck and RG3. Getting either would preclude manning bc (1) he won't want to sign with a team that also takes its frachise QB at the top of draft (for reasons TT and I have gone back and forth on); (2) too much money spent on a "mentor" QB; and (3) too much draft picks given up for us to be attactive for Manning in the short term (which is the only timeframe that matters to him). So I can't see us getting RG3 and Manning, which means we'd have to overdraft a second level guy like Tannehill, Cousins, etc-- no thanks

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:45AM

I voted Manning, but all 3 of these will work for me thumbs up

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 07, 2012 09:23AM

I didn't vote.

I want to sign manning and then make a trade to draft RG3.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:13AM

"None of the above"
I would much prefer to see what Moore can do behind a really stout offensive line. Draft a project QB after the first round.

Date: February 07, 2012 10:22AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "None of the above"
> I would much prefer to see what Moore can do
> behind a really stout offensive line. Draft a
> project QB after the first round.

Isn't that what we have been doing forever and it hasn't worked.

This team needs to change their routine or we gonna keep stinking forever.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:27AM

I agree with you. Stay with Moore and get someone in later rounds. IF there is anyone worth taking.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:33AM

Manning is a proven franchise QB, and the only proven commodity in the poll.

In my opinion, systems build great QBs (Rodgers) more often than they rely on generational talents (Peyton). Now, I'm not among those who believe that veteran QBs "mentor" their younger replacement, but it would be impossible for a young QB to back up Manning without learning from him indirectly.

So, sign Manning and draft someone with raw, unrefined, talent. Allow him to sit behind Manning for two years in a system (Philbin) that has been proven to churn out quality QBs.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:43AM

The results of this poll are the opposite of the results of the "What is YOUR Plan A" poll of lasy week.

Are you guys believing the "He is healthy" declaration?

Date: February 07, 2012 11:50AM

Hey chren i would say i was healthy as well if i was going to score a few millions...Paid guaranteed contract and first game im falling flat on my face even if they sneeze on me.

Don't trust him....And with our OL sucking so bad and jake long been injured so much he wouldnt last a game.

Date: February 07, 2012 01:04PM

I'm for flynn , only if Philbin wants it. he knows that kid and if he is willing to chance his career on him, I am willing to root for him.

Otherwise I'd love RGIII , and I know the Rams are listening for offers.

If Philbin doesn't want to chance flynn and goes for Manning , he needs to take a rookie elswhere in the draft. Or move up for RGIII.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 07, 2012 02:42PM

If we sign Manning we must then draft Tannehill for him to mentor and help become better.

If we sign Flynn we also need to draft Tannehill because we need more than one developmental option and depth.

If we stick with Moore we should still draft Tannehill to compete with him for the starters job abd to push Moore to become better.

The only scenario where drafting Tannehill shouldn't be an option is if we draft Griffin...we simply can't afford to use two picks that high on one position assuming that is, we'd have the muscle to do so anyway.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 07, 2012 02:53PM

I cant believe people actually want Matt Moore

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 07, 2012 03:01PM

i am not that impressed with tannehill. anyway I think he goes in the 1st, and if we sign manning we certainly shouldn't be spending our 1st on tannehill. if we sign manning the clock is ticking to win the SB and it expires in like 2 years max. A 1st round major project like tannehil (big time reach IMO in the 1st) doesn't do anything to help manning.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 07, 2012 03:15PM

Not crazy about either... DOnt waant to give up all my draft picks for RG3, dont want too blow my wallet on flynn so by default i guess i would go manning since it wont cost any up front money.

I would stay put and draft talent, there are lots of qb's in next years draft. I would wait since after the top two im not so crazy about any of them.

Date: February 07, 2012 07:33PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I cant believe people actually want Matt Moore

I don't think ANYBODY has said that we should just go into next season with Matt Moore alone. I think everybody has said that we bring in either Flynn, Peyton, or RGIII, or Tannehill.

What is the matter A & O, you seem to be unnaturally concerned about Matt Moore being our only quarterback.

Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: February 08, 2012 04:08AM

I know Peyton Manning is proven. We need someone who we know is going to gt the job done. Flynn looked great vs the Lions yes, but we're still not sure how far he can take us. I love the idea of getting Flynn, don't get me wrong but Manning is a sure thing. Im not quite sold on RG3 yet either. I dont know if we should really trade up to get him. I think if we decide to trade up we trade up all the way to #1. I think as far as our QB situation has been over the years, we need to find a sure thing and not really focus on project players like we have in the past.

Date: February 08, 2012 05:28AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I cant believe people actually want Matt Moore

Scary, isnt it?smiling smiley

Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: February 08, 2012 05:43AM

Matt Moore is a great backup! But let's try to win some playoff games and go with a proven franchise QB

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:07AM

I was sold on Manning until I heard he couldn't throw. I'm putting Flynn #1, as I think he's the most realistic choice.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:08AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> i am not that impressed with tannehill. anyway I
> think he goes in the 1st, and if we sign manning
> we certainly shouldn't be spending our 1st on
> tannehill. if we sign manning the clock is ticking
> to win the SB and it expires in like 2 years max.
> A 1st round major project like tannehil (big time
> reach IMO in the 1st) doesn't do anything to help
> manning.

RE: Tannehill has a great arm, he's accurate, he's mobile, he's smart, and he's played well in college. I agree that he does nothing to help Manning but I'm not sure we should be courting him anyway due to his on-going health concerns. We need options at the QB position and Tannehill is a good one...he has the talent to be sucessful in the NFL he just needs some seasoning and good coaching along with being in the right situation. Griffin will be much too expensive and Tannehill IMHO is the best of the rest from a package standpoint. He has more positive NFL attributes than Foles IMHO.

Even if we do get Manning we will still need another QB on our team...we might as well add quality depth by taking Tannelhill...I don't care about reaching as long as we get a quality guy and he develops for our future.

Date: February 08, 2012 09:30AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I cant believe people actually want Matt Moore
>
>
> Scary, isnt it?smiling smiley

Again, PRECISELY WHO, are you talking about? There is NO ONE, NO ONE, NO ONE, on this board who has not opted for bringing in Manning, Flynn, RGIII, Tannehill or even some lesser known draftee.

So before you two start patting yourselves on the back, prove that you are not two Don Quixotes battling windmills that you imagine are dragons.

NO ONE on this board has said we are set at quarterback so let's just go one to other needs.

The fact that Henne is a free agent would leave us with Moore and Devlin (?) alone. Nobody is saying that we shouldn't get SOMEONE ELSE and by VIRTUE OF LOGIC ALONE, if EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE BOARD is advocating either Peyton, RGIII, Flynn, Tannehill or someone else, you guys are fighting a battle that no one else is fighting.

Date: February 08, 2012 09:36AM

there are folks who have posted that we should build around moore and take a late round flyer on a QB. can't recall who but I've seen that a few times recently.

Date: February 08, 2012 09:44AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> -----
> > Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I cant believe people actually want Matt
> Moore
> >
> >
> > Scary, isnt it?smiling smiley
>
>
> Again, PRECISELY WHO, are you talking about?
> There is NO ONE, NO ONE, NO ONE, on this board who
> has not opted for bringing in Manning, Flynn,
> RGIII, Tannehill or even some lesser known
> draftee.

Dude. Read this thread again.

Reppa, dolphin, and hooligan2 have ALL said they like Moore better than the other options or they'd rather wait til next year to draft a qb... Which is the same thing.

Date: February 08, 2012 09:55AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> there are folks who have posted that we should
> build around moore and take a late round flyer on
> a QB. can't recall who but I've seen that a few
> times recently.

I think they said that if we can't get all of the above, then we might have to do that, i.e., draft a late round QB.

Date: February 08, 2012 10:01AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.