HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          When will the NFL learn?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
When will the NFL learn?
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 06, 2012 08:11AM

Did any of you really think that the halftime show starring Madonna, and her cast of misfits and thugs wasn't going to cause contreversy during their performance. I don't know who this mia is or what the hell she does or even if she has talent. I trhink she has NONE, but besides that flipping the bird on a tv audience of over 100 million is embarassing for the league to have to deal with once again. I am tired of it, and frankly the largest fine has to be levied against her becuase an example has to be made of how you have to act while performing on the national stage. Am I right or is this strictly not of much concern. My children were watching, and I was not happy. I think the league should stick country acts even though I'm no fan because at least their patriotic ans respectful of their audience who is watching.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When will the NFL learn?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 06, 2012 08:39AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 06, 2012 08:59AM

I watched the half time show and didn't catch the gesture--saw it on the news this morning. My first thought was "what is wrong with these people." Then I thought about what I thought--"these people." "These people" are the few entertainers that disrespect others and themselves. They do things like this--acting badly--because they loathe what they are not--a big deal. This behavior clearly indicates they are no class act and not deserving further employment or any success in the entertainment-music industry.

Not a country music fan, but can't imagine anyone in that side of music doing anything so classless.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: February 06, 2012 09:39AM

Why is it so hard to simply get a real band to play a normal shortened set of 3-4 songs?

The lip-syncing was the real offense.

Date: February 06, 2012 09:56AM

We have a certain element in society that tries to get away with whatever they can. it's mailnly entertainers, and others in the music or hollywood industry. This has got to stop because as a civil society what more has to happen before we say I have had enough of the STUPID MORONS, AND I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THEM PERFORM ANYTHING PERIOD.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 06, 2012 10:18AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 06, 2012 10:19AM

yes, american society is still reeling bc some no-name performer last night flipped the bird and it was visible for like 1/4 second. I weep for the children. NBC must be fined 1000 trillion dollars so that this never happens again. My eyesight has only recently recovered from seeing Janet Jackson's titty a few years ago. From now on only Toby Keith and Hank Williams Jr can be shown on TV and the radio. That sounds like heaven to me!

Date: February 06, 2012 10:46AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 06, 2012 11:40AM

I never heard of MIA and didn't even seen her flip the bird. But her doing so bothers me so much less than the inevitable slew of complaints to the FCC and "think of the children" whining of so many in this country that will now result. We all need to grow a little thicker skin, me thinks. If your kid asks WTF was that, tell little Johnny that that is something bad people do and if I ever see you do it, you'll wish you hadn't. And don't way WTF. End of story.

Date: February 06, 2012 11:53AM

Hey I have thick skin, and I have taken my kids to rated r movies 30 minutes or less anyone however I know what to expect. I tell them up front you might see this or that, and it's ok. I don't want to shelter them, but the superbowl halftime show should not be the time my kids experience vulgarity in any form thats all I'm saying. Their is no artistic expression in my opinion that warrants what that Ho did on national tv. What is she trying to prove that the man can't hold her down? Well then we will see. I hope the man in the case the FCC really sticks it up her bung hole really really far so that no one else ever attempts such stupidtity again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 03:00AM by Finshady.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 06, 2012 12:55PM

To me, MIA is an airport.

Date: February 06, 2012 01:58PM

Date: February 06, 2012 02:46PM

I see where you're going, berk. It's not the worse thing in the world. In my post above, I was just trying to lay out the fact that the way you get famous in today's world is by being infamous if necessary.

Hey, Panteraize, you seem to have more detailed facts on the Janet Jackson incident than I was aware of. But I swallowed the explanation that the guy was supposed to pull it and it unfortunately gave way.

But you'd have to concede one thing. With Janet Jackson, at least the performers said, "Oh God. What an accident. We never intended that to happen."

Now contrast that with what M.I.A. did last night. There is no explanation. How do you accidentally give someone the finger.

Panteraize, my point is that things are getting far worse when, even if you are right, they can't even try to blame it on an accident? Disagree?

Date: February 06, 2012 05:19PM

M. I. A. should stand for maturity in absence or something to that effect.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 06, 2012 05:23PM

This superbowl has become a ridicluous spectacle. How many announcing teams were there?

Madonna & team lip Synching, pathetic

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 06, 2012 06:55PM

I don't know whether this person has any talent or not, I didn't watch the halftime show. From what I've heard and read, all we know for sure is that this person has at least one digit.

Rick

Date: February 06, 2012 07:22PM

Funny, Rick. I'm out of date. The Cisco kid to my Poncho, my side kick, had a stroke and ended up in a nursing home. He has a small TV in his nursing home room and although I brought my first big screen about a month ago but I went to watch it there with him. His wife came and brought two of his kids, including a teenage daughter. She said Madonna was lip syncing and I say "No!!!!" The teenage girl looked at me like I was an idiot and pointed out in detail things to watch for and I agreed.

Wow! You'd think that she could give a live performance but her and M.I.A. both pantomined and didn't do squat. Wow! How pitiful.

Date: February 07, 2012 01:49AM

Madonna sees her fame slipping quick and is very intimadated by acts like lady ga ga. This was her chance to be in the spotlight again. It will fade fast though. Her fans are older then her.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 07, 2012 04:41AM

Most of the pop performers these days lip sync, even though some of them actually know how to sing. It's easier for them, I guess. Plus they don't get as winded when they're dancing, because nowadays all singers must dance as well.

The stupidest part of it is, the fans don't even care. They pay big bucks to see a concert, know ahead of time that the only live aspect of the show is the dancing, and they're okay with it!

Date: February 07, 2012 05:05AM

Van halen is the only other band I'd really want to see. And DLR is kind of a Joke now. The whole band is actually......

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:44AM

Seeing VH in a few days here in Louisville (they are kicking off their tour here at our new basketball center downtown).

As a 47 year old guitar player who is into everything from Segovia to Hendrix to Howe, IMHO, Eddie VH never has been and never will be a joke.

At the Primus concert a few months ago here in Louisville, Les Claypool made a joke about playing a VH song.

Its like the people here that critize the Jets. I just do not get putting someone else down to make yourself feel better.

To me that is like not placing all of your efforts into getting a franchize QB. You are not focusing your energy on the root cause of your problems. You are looking at others and taking a vaction from your worries.

I will certainly critisize the Miami Dolphins when I think thay have done something stupid, but lets cut through the childish BS on this board. We can have fun in so many other ways.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.