HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:39AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:47PM

Marshall is right, an elite QB and he would have great numbers. However If we had a great QB we would not have Marshall - Ginn would still be here!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 30, 2012 01:08PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really good WINNING teams have a profound lack of
> jack asses like Marshall.
>
> My opinion of course.
>
> BNF.

Bingo.
Really good teams have guys focused on winning, not their own personal stats.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2012 01:27PM

Matt Moore lovers are all over Marshall........

Hahahahahahahahahaha

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 30, 2012 02:52PM

Hard to satisfy you people. You can't win if you do or you don't.........

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 30, 2012 04:08PM

Date: January 30, 2012 04:15PM

It ain't about loving Matt Moore, A & O. All of the people on this board blasting Marshall want us to get another QB bad, me too, if for no other reason that I have not seen enough of Moore to be convinced he is the answer.

But One thing you've done on this board, A & O, is to advocate getting a new quarterback. You are going to go MARINE BONKERS AND NUTS when you get that new Quarterback and Marshall starts dropping his passes and people on this board start to say THAT THE QUARTERBACK YOU FOUGHT SO HARD TO GET sucks BECAUSE OF THIS A-HOLE.

What are you going to do then, A & O? Are you going to defend your new quarterback or take up for this jerk?

There are TWO KIND OF JERKS.

There are jerks like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens who perform on the field and screw up off the field and there are jerks like Brandon Marshall who screw up both on AND OFF THE FIELD.

What you see in him besides unfulfilled talent, I just don't know.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2012 04:50PM

Chyren, I'm only laughing at the guys who have always supported Marshall, but now have flipped and are on Moore's side.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 31, 2012 05:24AM

I'm in favor of Marshall behaving more professionally. I believe it has been said that before you speak about the speck of dust in your brother's eye, you should first remove the plank from your own eye. When you drop as many TDs as you catch in a season, you shouldn't be publicly commenting about the difference between an elite QB and your perception of the one you have on your own roster. Didn't he, at some point toward the end of the season, say Moore was "playing out of his mind" (in a good way)?

Think what you want. Talk privately to any player you want. Don't publicize your thoughts about your QB's performance thinly veiled as/behind compliments of other QBs.

I don't want to get rid of him, but I don't think he has played as well as he is capable. Until you do that, don't comment on others' performance.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 31, 2012 06:46AM

It has nothing to do with Moore, it has to do with (a) undermining the team for selfish, insecure reasons and (b) effectively being a total asshole for not taking responsibility for letting the team down by consistently dropping TD’s but yet (c) hiding behind a touch football game (aka “The Pro Bowl”) and implying the reason you choked (Brandon Marshall that is) and dropped so many TD’s is because of…the lunar moon cycle and…spin on the pigskin and…Brandon didn’t sleepy time the night before and lost his cuddle bear… I mean seriously

we can debate the relative merits of coitusback A to coitusback B but whoever plays coitusback with Brandon Baby (aka “BB”) better wear protection because BB will surely F you over!

Got it?

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 06:47AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:16AM

not at all. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, in oppostion to others, that Marshall in fact DOES NOT suck. He's great and can definitely play better with a better qb.

With Henne and Moore this year, he's the third best receiver overall in the AFC behind Welker and Gronkowski statistically, who both catch passes from Tom Brady.

He's good and you guys refuse to see that becuase his wife stabbed him in the offseason and he quit on the broncos. Who gives a shit?? He's not shown any signs of quitting in Miami and the off the field bs is his personal life that the media forces down our throats. We shouldn't know or even care about that BS anyways.

I've never said he doesn't drop passes in any single post and he will continue to drop passes just like every single other high level receiver does. But in my opinion, Marshall will benefit from a better qb. It's simple logic.

You guys are all arguing with your heart rather than your brain.

Think about that.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:26AM

IMHO, if this team had any integrity they would trade Mr. Team Cancer before the start of next season.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:31AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
> IMHO, if this team had any integrity they would
> trade Mr. Team Cancer before the start of next
> season.

I really don't understand this logic. Marshall may be outspoken, but he's nowhere near a team cancer. You guys talk about him like he's T.O. I don't recall Ricky Williams or Channing Crowder drawing this much ire from Phin fans. In my opinion, THOSE guys were as bad as or worse than Marshall.

Date: January 31, 2012 08:07AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:15AM

Sorry for going off topic here about our very own superstar, but....

I was surprised how bad Cam Newton stunk at the pro bowl.

First off, he couldn't even be professional enough to tuck his shirt in to start off with, and then played like total ass to top it off. And in a game where there's sissy rules at that. So after being repeatedly booed, the AFC decides to give him a couple of mercy TD passes so the crowd would stop booing him.

That was THE worst showing of any QB I've ever seen at that venue, and that goes all the way back to the Montana & Marino days when I'd actually go to the game instead of watching it on TV.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:10AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Ihatebrady Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He's good and you guys refuse to see that
> becuase
> > his wife stabbed him in the offseason and he
> quit
> > on the broncos. Who gives a shit??
>
> RESPONSE: Read all of the posts in the thread
> above. No one has mentioned these two things,
> well at least the wife thing, except you. So you
> have to be making these comments based on reading
> someone else's mind.
>
> And Montequi, when did Ricky Williams or Channing
> Crowderblame his performance on a teammate. Maybe
> if you don't do all of your workouts, maybe if you
> goof off in training camp, maybe someone can call
> that letting your team down.
>
> But are you SERIOUSLY saying that goofing off IS
> WORSE FOR TEAM MORALE than publicly blaming your
> performance on your quarterback?????????
>
> It's YOU GUYS who are letting your emotions run
> away with your judgement.

Again. Not at all. You continue to call him a team cancer. Site your examples of that. Because from my perspective, he's not a cancer. I was trying to site reasons as to why you all would think he is based on my statements, but you see it differently. So if he's such a huge cancer, explain to me how, besides dropping passes. Otherwise, there's very little, if any, leg to stand on to say he's effecting the team negatively. Even with his statement at the Pro Bowl. He might have pissed off his current qb... or he might have motivated his current qb to play more effectively. To say one way or the other is purely speculation based on emotion... and is the whole basis people are saying to dump Marshall.

Let's hear it!

Date: January 31, 2012 09:18AM

What do you think this thread is all about, ihatebrady????????????

It's about him saying that his success at the pro bowl was due to the fact that he had a decent quarterback UNLIKE MATT MOORE, THE QUARTERBACK HE HAS AT MIAMI!!!!!

If you don't call that a cancer to your team, running down a teammate, running down your quarterback, blaming him for your not performing to your best, YOU HAVE TO ASK WHERE IS THE CANCER PART??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Date: January 31, 2012 09:30AM

No I don't at all. I can see how it's perceived as that, but again, there's two sides, or even more sometimes to pereption.

From my perspective, he was trying to give accolades to the qb's he played with in the pro bowl by stating that they are elite qb's that put the ball where it needed to be to make him successful and he just caught it. To claim that statement as directly slighting his own qb, well that's just hearsay and non-factual. It's implied by people who are emotional against Marshall for dropping passes throughout the season.

I believe that a high level qb will help Marshall. Moore and Henne are not high level. None of these claims are cancerous.

The cancer comes from mis-interpretation of the statement.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:34AM

Ihatebrady Wrote:
> No I don't at all. I can see how it's perceived
> as that, but again, there's two sides, or even
> more sometimes to pereption.
>
> From my perspective, he was trying to give
> accolades to the qb's he played with in the pro
> bowl by stating that they are elite qb's that put
> the ball where it needed to be to make him
> successful and he just caught it. To claim that
> statement as directly slighting his own qb, well
> that's just hearsay and non-factual. It's implied
> by people who are emotional against Marshall for
> dropping passes throughout the season.
>
> I believe that a high level qb will help Marshall.
> Moore and Henne are not high level. None of
> these claims are cancerous.
>
> The cancer comes from mis-interpretation of the
> statement.

YOU OUGHT TO GO INTO POLITICS!eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Date: January 31, 2012 09:37AM

LOL. And they say we lawyers know how to spin the facts in favor of our clients.winking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:40AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:40AM

Date: January 31, 2012 10:06AM

Date: January 31, 2012 10:21AM

haha definitely not a lawyer... aren't one of you on this board one?

I'd be happy to kick a lawyer in the neck if need be! I owe that to my ex-wife.

Date: January 31, 2012 10:23AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 31, 2012 10:35AM

Date: January 31, 2012 10:41AM

Date: January 31, 2012 10:46AM

Yep, I'm guilty myself, ihatebrady. Berk's also a lawyer. Ha. Ha. Everyone has an ex-wife story.

Yeah, when you see what Brandon does when he does do his job, you just wonder what our won-lost record would have been had he not dropped touchdown balls. Every receiver drops balls but Brandon's seem to be exclusively when he is in the endzone.

The wierd things is that he can make circus catches in the field of play but put him in the endzone and he freezes up.

As much of an a-hole Randy Moss is, he tends to shine in the endzone.

When you drop in the endzone, you are costing touchdowns and are likely to have a bigger impact on the won-lost column.

Date: January 31, 2012 10:50AM

I agree with all of this. I think that a higher level qb will help with Marshall's confidence and will definitely give him some more opportunities to shine.

But comparing him to Moss... again, think of the qb's that were throwing him the ball during his career. Think of the few times he didn't succeed (raiders) and who was throwing him the ball then?

There's definitely a correlation (sp)

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yep, I'm guilty myself, ihatebrady. Berk's also a
> lawyer. Ha. Ha. Everyone has an ex-wife story.
>
> Yeah, when you see what Brandon does when he does
> do his job, you just wonder what our won-lost
> record would have been had he not dropped
> touchdown balls. Every receiver drops balls but
> Brandon's seem to be exclusively when he is in the
> endzone.
>
> The wierd things is that he can make circus
> catches in the field of play but put him in the
> endzone and he freezes up.
>
> As much of an a-hole Randy Moss is, he tends to
> shine in the endzone.
>
> When you drop in the endzone, you are costing
> touchdowns and are likely to have a bigger impact
> on the won-lost column.

Date: January 31, 2012 11:31AM

Just saying that it is a big deal when you drop a touchdown. Not comparing his performance to Randy Moss but his lack of respect for his teammates to that of Randy Moss who, to my memory, has never run down his teammates.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.