HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Does this affect our coaching search?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Does this affect our coaching search?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does this affect our coaching search?
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:12AM

Philbin of Ripon was last heard from around 2 a.m. Sunday. He had been visiting friends in Oshkosh that evening.

2 a.m Sunday is not that long ago, hopefully he's just passed out at a friends house or met up with a chick.

And yeah Philbin would at least put his coaching search on hold till the matter is resolved, I hope everything turns out well too.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:27AM

sucks for him, but his son doesn't sound so great

A Brown County judge sentenced Michael Philbin to six months in jail in 2009 after he was convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls and two counts of battery.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 09, 2012 11:29AM

<tasteless joke below>

I understand we may really want this guy to coach our team, but did we have to kidnap his son and hold him for ransom to convince him? Seems kind of extreme, if you ask me smoking smiley

Date: January 09, 2012 12:09PM

I heard Irleland asked Philbin if his son was a rapist.......eye rolling smiley

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 09, 2012 12:49PM

dark humor people, in the house haha. Well I guess Dexter took care of Philbins son...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 12:58PM

well they found his body at the bottom of a river. I wonder if there's any connection to the 2 girls he was convicted of sexually assaulting.

Date: January 09, 2012 01:23PM

Probably berk, 6 months sounds like a slap on the wrist for that crime.

Date: January 09, 2012 01:36PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 09, 2012 03:35PM

Whats up with coaches sons being trouble makers??

Andy Reid's son is a douche, this guy seemed like a douche, billicheats son is a douche...other coaches kids are trouble too.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 09, 2012 03:46PM

A Coaches Job consumes people. 13-14 hour days. Leaves little time for the family. Jimmy Johnson realized it after both his parents past away within weeks of each other. He never coached again. If you don't spend time with your kids, chances are they will grow up to be douches. but this Philbin kid sounded like a whole special breed of douche.

And to answer the OP's question, yes I think this will have a huge impact on him taking any job..........sad smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 09, 2012 03:56PM

Boy, you'd think that the death penalty prosecutor in the group would not be the one to say that shouldn't we have a little sympathy for this kid, felon that he may be?

Come on! We don't know the circumstances of his death but berk said his body was found at the bottom of the river. Could be a victim of a homicide himself or he may have just gotten drunk and fell into one of those frozen rivers and cracked through the ice.

Yes, date rape with drugs is a bad thing and he deserved prison but jeez, tough crowd, I don't think death, accidental or homicidal, is something we should be satisfied with as a punishment.

I feel sorry for the kid and his parents.

--------------------

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 09, 2012 04:19PM

Date: January 09, 2012 04:28PM

Ha! Ha! Ha! Perfect poetic justice, razorghost. I'm laughing at myself because what you said above is word for word what I have bored my colleagues and wife with!

I have been driven near to insane by the fact that the Ninth Circuit and other courts have ruined the California budget by demanding that we devote so much money to prisoners, who by committing crimes have put themselves in prison.

Then you see these homeless guys and women walking around, perhaps former middle class people who lost their jobs and homes or who had a drug problem and have to sleep outside while we have to spend money on these scum who not only, in effect, put themselves in prison but nine times out of ten hurt somebody in the process.

They have internet access, one of my death penalty defendants runs a necrophilia website from death row (Doug Clark- The Sunset Slayer).

I say give 'em the old bread and water and put their butts to work on the chain gang.

But in the end, we also agree that it is still a sad story regardless of if he was a felon.

Actually, he probably got drunk and fell into the river and I think the odds on him being murdered are slim but I was just making the point that accidental or not, a death is a pretty stiff punishment for slipping a gal a "micky" and then taking advantage of her sleeping body.

-----------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 04:29PM by ChyrenB.

Date: January 10, 2012 02:26AM

I don't think anyone here said he deserved anything. Just kinda hard to feel bad for him. His dad however......Holy Geez. Maybe Coach Dungy can be of some help after going through the same thing recently. Except his kid wasn't a rapist. If I was the Po Po I'd be looking at the Girls fathers. I know what I'd do as soon as that little SOB got out of prision if it was my kid...just saying.

I think the Dolphins need to steer clear of the whole drama either way. sad smiley

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 10, 2012 07:52AM

He raped someones daughter

Date: January 10, 2012 01:30PM

Anytime you have sex with an unconscious person it is rape by law.

For any sex to be consensual, the person must have the ability to say no at least.

That is why he was rightfully convicted of rape.

However, that's a lawyer's definition and if you tell any person out of the street that this guy raped a girl, they would think that he jumped out of the bushes, dragged her in, smacked her repeatedly, and forced himself into her.

I am a father of two boys. However, if I had had a daughter, I'd tell her to 1) drink only at a bar, 2) keep your drink in your hand, even when you go to the bathroom, and 3) don't accept a drink from anybody but the bartender or a waitress.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.