HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This team is...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This team is...
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 03:49AM

The next of old DETROIT LIONS. This franchise is going to live in the past onto what we did there back in the 70's. We are officially a JOKE

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This team is...
Date: January 09, 2012 04:01AM

Relax. Our team could stay exactly the way it is , with the Current Coach and still be a very decent Team. We Crushed both the Jets and the bills. The Biggest Problem was Saprano and his loyalty to Chad Henne. Henne is done. Moore is the best QB (although far from great) since Marino or a healthy Pennington. We have options in the draft if moving up doesn't work out. Relax. Go take some meds.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 04:31AM

What bothers me is that Ross and Ireland would even consider interviewing Mularky. Honestly, if we're going to interview failures, why stop there? Let's interview Wade Phillips or Rod Marinelli, and I guess Raheem Morris is available...Jack De Rio anyone? If you're trying to establish good will between the front office and the fans, why on earth would you interview a guy who the fans hated when he was a failed coordinator here? Why would you interview a guy who put up a goose egg yesterday to a team that we scored 17 points against? I want to believe that Ross has it in him to make sound decisions, but to even consider Mularky is the definition of lunacy. Philbin, Billick, Cunningham, and Chudzinski are all viable options who could turn out to be the next Sean Peyton... We already know what Mularky is... a loser.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 09, 2012 04:47AM

I actually think dolfan1 may be right for once. This process wreeks of ugliness.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 09, 2012 04:55AM

Seeing #1 contenders choose other teams over us shows there is a definite problem. But comparing us to the Lions of Old is just a bit drastic. We still have a huge upside to this Team that the huge Ego's of a few head Coaches don't want to recognize. Each person that denies Ross humbles him more & more. He will do whatever is necessary to get us back on track.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 09, 2012 04:56AM

They want control. Ross does not want to give control.

I don't really want Fisher, he is too Tony for me.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:26AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They want control. Ross does not want to give
> control.
>
> I don't really want Fisher, he is too Tony for me.

Where do you get that from? There are MANY reports of Ross offering total control to cowher, gruden and possibly even fisher.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:34AM

I agree w/ Treasure. I think Soprano was 90% of the problem. I liked enough of what Bowles did to want to see more of him. Same w/ Moore. Cut the BS make the call and get ready for the draft.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 06:02AM

well then the plan worked, if fans are now ok with accepting Todd Bowles as the coach next year. We've gone from Cowher/Gruden to Fisher, and now being OK with Bowles bc he's better than Mike Mularky.

Date: January 09, 2012 06:34AM

Nobody said we were OK with Bowles. Just that even if the worst case scenerio happened, and we did go with him, we are still light years ahead of the Lions of Old, and I think in better shape then both the Bills and the Jets. Henne and Saprano's safe boring controling approch to the game is what kept us from winning more.

All I'm saying is that relax, the sky is not falling becuase we lost another big name coach. Yes there is a problem, but I don't think its the end all. Embarassing for Ross? yes. But not such a bad thing for us.

Date: January 09, 2012 06:41AM

it would be a travesty if our "house cleaning" consisted of firing sporano, keeping ireland, and promoting our DB coach to HC. Just unfathomable. I am not OK with that at all.

Date: January 09, 2012 07:42AM

Relax, I doubt that will happen. All that has happened so far is Jeff Fisher Probably will go with the Rams. Plenty of other directions to go in. I'm enjoying watching Ross get bitch slapped though. He deserves it for the way he handled everything last year.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:49AM

....and to think, our Coaching job used to be one of the prized jobs.

sad smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 09, 2012 07:53AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....and to think, our Coaching job used to be one
> of the prized jobs.
>
> sad smiley

No doubt. confused smiley

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:59AM

I don’t see Fisher as a big loss – so cheer up guys.

We need a bright, young, offensive-minded HUNGRY coach whose career is ascending. No more stupid retreads and wannabe saviors.

Any news concerning Jay Gruden? There is a buzz on the Net that he’s definitely in play for a HC position…

It's had to imagine Ross and Ireland not thinking about this guy...

Date: January 09, 2012 08:04AM

there is still at least a 50% chance fisher comes here by certain accounts

Date: January 09, 2012 01:58PM

The fact he hasn't annouced it today makes me believe that there is still a shot.

Date: January 09, 2012 02:53PM

I predict he takes the phins job

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:11PM

Please dont take fisher!!!! god please no. i would rather have philbin in here or Marty!!!!!

Date: January 10, 2012 02:27AM

Fisher might be the only one with the balls to shoot for RGIII.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.