HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Carl Perterson Will NOT Be "Football Czar"
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Carl Perterson Will NOT Be "Football Czar" confused smiley
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carl Perterson Will NOT Be "Football Czar" confused smiley
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:04PM

So apparently Peterson does the interviewing for the coaches that Ross really wants, and Ireland interviews the bottom feeders that Ross doesn't care about and that won't be a threat to the GM's position. Goes to show you the faith that he truly has in his GM.

Step right up people...Welcome to the Barnum & Bailey circus.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: January 05, 2012 05:45AM

IMO Ross has ruined our creditability with his actions.I don't know why any coach would want to come here after his classless stunt that he pulled with Sparano. Then we have the powerless gm thing going on with Ireland and now the unaccountable advisor in Peterson.

-IMO only way he lands somebody decent is by overpaying big time and that still might not be enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 05:46AM by sleekdogg.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 05, 2012 05:54AM

I honestly do not understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this.

Ross clearly is not a "football guy" and he's simply asking the advice of someone he (perhaps foolishly) trusts. This is clearly better than his ill-conceived efforts to lure Harbaugh last year, and a step in the right direction.

It seems very clear that Ireland is leading the real coaching search, interviewing candidates who are lesser known commodities. Peterson is simply being used to help lure the big fish, who is basically interviewing us, as opposed to the other way around.

I'm no fan of Carl Peterson and I would vomit if Ross really hired him, but this entire thing is being blown WAY out proportion.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 05, 2012 06:28AM

it is a big deal because (1) ross has named Ireland our GM to run the football team, yet clearly does not trust him enough to do the job without help; and (2) if Ross feels like he needs help, he needs to hire someone with accountability to the organization instead of just relying on one of his friends to help---clearly a friend who is not fully committed to doing this b/c he won't take a job in an official capactity.

I don't think there is a positive spin to this. Coming on the heels of last Jan's embarrassment with Harbaugh, it looks doubly inept.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 05, 2012 07:12AM

Get ready for Median Miami. We will continue to be right around 8-8 for the next decade.

Oh we will have more successful seasons and we will have less successful seasons in the next decade, but with every season we are over 8-8 there will be a season very soon after that will be just as far below 8-8 as we were above 8-8.

I think we will have a standard deviation from the Median of 8-8 of about 2 games. This means that we can look forward to 6-10 up to 10-6 seasons as long as this clown outfit is in charge. There will be no better. At our very, very best we will be 10-6 during the next 10 years.

Well after second thought, I think Miami's median is 7-9, so look for 5-11 seasons to 9-7 seasons for the next 10 years.

Watch and enjoy the show.

Date: January 05, 2012 07:18AM

doug, that all will change if we get a great QB. A Great QB can make morons look like geniuses. See Mike Shannahan pre and post Elway.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 05, 2012 08:03AM

If I take a suspect chick home from the bar (well, back when I was single anyway) after last call on a quarter beer night, wake up with a burning sensation and a bad itch.........I call one of my boys and ask his opinion.........what's the big deal about Peterson advising his friend and buisness partner?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 08:09AM by dolphaholic.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 05, 2012 08:07AM

Good comparison.

Date: January 05, 2012 09:35AM

Date: January 05, 2012 09:57AM

Date: January 05, 2012 10:20AM

exactly

Date: January 05, 2012 10:23AM

Fisher is interviewing the Dolphins. Not the other way around.

Date: January 05, 2012 11:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.