Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fisher and Manning anyone?........in Miami?????
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Fisher and Manning anyone?........in Miami?????
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fisher and Manning anyone?........in Miami?????
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:29PM

I feel ya, dolphaholic but I still think that Indy is thinking in terms of having Luck sit for a couple of years behind Manning, that for their part.

But for our part, do we really want to take instead a QB who just sat out almost a whole year with an injury?

Of course, even if the assumption is made that this is a bad move with the history of this Dolphin leadership making such bad moves, the answer is probably yes we would.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:32PM

i would take that in a hearbeat. i would also take a trade up for RGIII in a heartbeat.

we could sell manning on fisher, our defense, and having two great bookend OT for him (assuming we use our first rounder on an OT). or we could sell him on Marshall and Blackmon (if we trade up for him).

this is a nice scenario that has at least some possibility of happening.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:33PM

that is assuming Manning is healthy. moore is a capable backup though.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:46PM

If that was to happen, and Manning is healthy...we will be in the Superbowl next year.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:48PM

Take it easy Rex.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:51PM

Seriously. We are an elite QB away from being the best team in the AFC.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:16PM

Even without an "elite" coach, we could do it with Manning. The dude is an absolute field general.

Considering the unlikeliness of being able to move up to obtain RG3 or Luck, going after Manning is actually more realistically doable. I would take it. And I bet there would be more butts in the seats.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:29PM

I don't think he'd come here without Fisher being here. Dallas would probably make a serious run at him, Washington also, maybe the Jets? But I don't see him wanting to step on Eli's toes in NY or play in an outdoor cold weather climate in Washington. With Reggie and Brandon already in place, a few tweaks to the O-line and WR/TE spots......instant offense with a decent D to boot. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:34PM

manning will have his choice in where to go. not sure why he'd want to come to this team. anyway, the dude is a major injury question mark and old. not sure it would work out much better than farve to the jets did. I do think manning is great though, just a total shot-in-the-dark stop gap. I want our QB of the future already

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:37PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 05, 2012 04:41AM

Speaking of Manning, does anyone know why he wasn't put in IR this year? I mean they initially said he was going to come back late in the season, but at some point they could have freed up a roster spot by putting him on INjured Reserve. The only reason I can think of is,they REALLY wanted to lose as many games as possible, and an extra roster spot would have helped them play BETTER.

But is there another reason? I know that IR guys aren't allowed on the sideline during games; did they REALLY need Peyton on the sideline that badly?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 05, 2012 04:44AM

maybe if you are on IR you can't practice with the team? I think they always held out hope he'd practice. Plus having him "out there" gives hope that at some point he may come back during the year. I don't think his roster spot would've gone to someone who made any difference.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 05, 2012 12:55PM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take it easy Rex.

Lolololololololololololololololol

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: January 05, 2012 01:42PM

A potential blueprint for Miami's success in 2012 is the 2011 49er's.
(I live in the Bay Area....see/hear this 1st hand)

New coach (Harbaugh) & dramatic improvement in QB performance (A. Smith).
Given Harbaugh's dramatic success, Ross was "justified" in going after Harbaugh, just did it the wrong way.

While my preference is to get an elite QB to lead the Dolphins, reality says in 2012 it looks like only a ridiculous over payment will net that kind of QB.
This is unpopular but I don't see that as Miami's best plan....too pricey to trade up for Luck or RG3 too cap unfriendly for Flynn or Manning (if available).

Moore has earned a roster spot next year, unless a miracle happens and we get an elite QB then we need another serviceable QB
(Henne ?....not popular either but very limited choices are likely to be out there).
49er example: Alex Smith never "lived up" to expectations and was regularly criticized by press and fans before this year. With the right coach and system, he has played smart football (with a young backup QB being groomed for the future).

Looking again at the 49ers, they drafted 7th in 2011, a playmaking-sack machine of a LB in Smith. Stick with pick 8 or 9 and get a playmaker (either side of the ball).

Given Miami's horrific waste of 2nd round picks on QB's (Beck, White and Henne (so far)) if they draft a QB other than Luck or RG3 make it a mid-round pick.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: January 05, 2012 01:52PM

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: January 05, 2012 02:42PM

Very good point Dolfan Mike.
I was trying to be at least a little politically correct given the media backlash that Ross got for "secretly interviewing" Harbaugh while still having Sporano in place.

I thought there was a legitimate chance to land Harbaugh. $$$'s and the Michigan connection between Harbaugh and Ross. To my knowledge, other than coaching a couple years at Stanford, Harbaugh didn't have deep Bay Area ties.....after the kind of year he's had now, of course that's changed too.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:43AM

cahokietim im with you... too pricy for Manning or trade up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.