HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Darron Thomas?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Darron Thomas?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 02, 2012 05:18PM

Why doesn't this guy get any recognition?

6'3" 215, great mobility, 60%+ completion, 60 TD's/15 INT last 2 years

Throws great on the run

Russell Wilson looked pretty good also

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Darron Thomas?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 02, 2012 05:27PM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:06AM

Here we go again with this why not him crap. Clearly with this mentality why don't we just line up Brandon Marshall under center because he clearly is our most physical play maker on offense, and plus he is big enough for the position me thinks. Really people enough with the QB's that play in the spread system who have really no chance at the next level. Take Oregon's offense to the pro's and you fired after one season. I doubt Thomas can read defenses at all much less change the play at the line of scrimmage, but hell let's make him a pro QB. As I have said on many occasions it takes a certain player with the mental make up, and capacity to play QB at the next level. you can't teach smarts, and ledership qualities. Tebow ran the spread, and last Sunday he completed six passes against the Chiefs. Yes he did have some success until teams watched the tape to take away what he does well. Same with any other player coming from college that played in that QB killing system. In other words you play from the spread your career in the pro's will be DEAD. One last point Tebow was perhaps one of the best college QB's better than Thomas by a hell of alot, and now look at him. The Steelers are the easist money to be made this Sunday is all I'm saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 04:24AM by Finshady.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:17AM

The problem with the spread offense in college is that the overall skill and depth of the defensive secondaries varies greatly. The 4th-5th DBs are not top notch caliper players. also, these QBs have very athletic WRs which compensate/cover up poorly thrown balls by making the reception.

In the NFL, the worst DB on the field is one of the best a QB faced in college. The WRs just can't outjump or "out-athlete" NFL secondaries (or very few can). It makes college QBs look better than they are.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:31AM

Another very good point did anyone notice that Thomas was throwing to a 6ft6in wide reciever who could clearly out run and out jump anyone in the Wisconsin secondary. Russell Wilson albeit short would be a much better prospect than Thomas because he has the abilty to make something out of nothing. He can also throw the ball with more accuracy than most QB's coming out of college. I would take him in the draft this year before I took a QB that played in the spread. Can Wilson be a starter in this leauge unknown however he would be better than Seneca Wallace. How has this player lasted so long?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.