HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Are you feeling unlucky
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Are you feeling unlucky smiling smiley
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:51AM

OK dolphin fans do not fret you can still have your beloved andrew luck...

Here is why he may be available, he plays OK state in the bowl game. I dont know how many people have watched them but they are EXPLOSIVE! And i think they should be in the BCS championship game, they are that good. And the problem is so do they. And like brady wanted to shut up all this talk about tebow last week, these guys want nothing more than to shut up all this talk about andrew luck being the best in 30+ years. I predict a score of OKstate 52 Stanford 27. It wont be close and andrew luck is going to get into a shootout. The problem is you cant bring a knife to a gun fight, just like you cant bring a boy to a brawl lol, luck does not have the skills to win those games. he will have something like 275 yards 2td and 2int. He will then loose stock cause Weeden is the other qb and he will look much better. Weeden is very underrated and has a bunch of 300 yard games, three 400 yard games and even a 500 yard game!

His value will continue falling fast and by the time of the combines he will have a tough decision: does he go head to head with RG3 (he wont stand a chance) or sit out and hope his hype can carry him to #1.

The reality is by april he could slide past #5...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you feeling unlucky smiling smiley
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:55AM

reppa i will give you $100 if he falls past 5. you give me $10 if he does not. deal?

Date: December 30, 2011 12:50PM

Luck is NOT Hype. He is the real deal. two different type of ball players though.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 01:11PM

How can you say for sure that he is the "real" deal. The Pac-12 is not one of the premier conferences this season. In 11 games Luck only faced one defensive unit that was rated in the top 40 in the nation in points allowed. If he is the real deal, I'd like to know what that is based on. Two years as the runner up for the Heisman?

Date: December 30, 2011 04:07PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> reppa i will give you $100 if he falls past 5. you
> give me $10 if he does not. deal?

ha ha!!! your on buddy! lets make this draft interesting. Now i know the only way i can win is if RG3 is drafted by the colts. although griffin is the better qb and will be the consensus #1 by the time of the draft i am not confident that the colts will draft him.

Lets do this kid! who else on this sight actually dares to think outside the box. Most people turn on espn to find out what they are thinking that day lol... Actually i like you barkely and i hate to take your money but game on!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 30, 2011 04:07PM

Luck has the mind, size, instincts, and arm to be a perennial all-pro QB.

I originally posted that he wasn't "that great" because he was being compared with Marino and Elway.

But to compare him with Brady, Griese and Manning would be accurate.

Date: December 30, 2011 04:25PM

yeah although i hate on luck obviously the boy has got skills. the problem is to say that he is the best prospect in 25 year and a cant miss prospect was humours. And the fact that people actually bought into it is comical. Luck could be a probowler or a HOF, or he could be a buss. He like all qb's that have been and will be drafted, they need a system that plays towards there strengths. You dont just draft the best qb on the board if dont know if he can run the type of offense that you want to impliment.

So point is there is no such thing as a cant miss qb prospect. Great example of what im saying kurt warner on the rams looked historically great. Then went to the giants and looked washed up, then went to the cardinals and looked great again. Why? because of the offense, no qb can run all offenses, brady and manning included. Mcnabb and cobbs looked great with the eagles and now look like bums, castle was a problem with new england and everyone wanted him now he is looked at as a buss, why? the system...

Date: December 30, 2011 06:23PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > reppa i will give you $100 if he falls past 5.
> you
> > give me $10 if he does not. deal?
>
>
> ha ha!!! your on buddy! lets make this draft
> interesting. Now i know the only way i can win is
> if RG3 is drafted by the colts. although griffin
> is the better qb and will be the consensus #1 by
> the time of the draft i am not confident that the
> colts will draft him.
>
> Lets do this kid! who else on this sight actually
> dares to think outside the box. Most people turn
> on espn to find out what they are thinking that
> day lol... Actually i like you barkely and i hate
> to take your money but game on!!!

you're on, for sure! the only way I lose is if Luck gets arrested or something. One thing----if he doesn't come out for some reason, the bet is off, OK? otherwise, let's roll.

Date: December 30, 2011 09:46PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> How can you say for sure that he is the "real"
> deal. The Pac-12 is not one of the premier
> conferences this season. In 11 games Luck only
> faced one defensive unit that was rated in the top
> 40 in the nation in points allowed. If he is the
> real deal, I'd like to know what that is based on.
> Two years as the runner up for the Heisman?

How many heisman winners turn out to be shite? Plenty more then Turn out to live up to the Hype. eye rolling smiley

Date: December 31, 2011 11:53PM

yo barkley, need to throw in two more things to make this official... First this is contigent upon the colts getting the first pick. if the rams get the first pick they will likely deal it to someone and the colts will pick the other qb (if that makes any sense). Second the number 5 is mention by both of us. he could go higher or could go lower so i think if he goes 5 it should be a push/ break even...

So in summary colts have to have the #1 pick and if he goes 5 it is a push. if you are cool with that the it is on!!! let me know.

Date: January 01, 2012 04:35AM

reppa if he goes 5 it's a push. but regardless of who gets the #1 pick, luck is going no lower than 4 so I don't get the contingency? but if you want to hold off on making it official till after we know the draft order which will be on monday that's cool.

Date: January 01, 2012 06:01PM

colts lost so its on like donkey kong smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.