HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who to root for on New Year's Day
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Who to root for on New Year's Day
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 24, 2011 05:12PM

Washington 5-10 to beat Phil.
Cleveland 4-11 to beat Pitt.
Jax 4-11 to beat INdy (we can't catch Indy)
Tampa 4-11 to beat Atlanta

FOR INSURANCE (in case we beat the hated Jets) WE NEED

Buff. 6-9 to beat NE
Car. 6-9 to beat NO
KC 6-9 to beat Denver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who to root for on New Year's Day
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 24, 2011 07:24PM

so if all that happens and we lose to the jets we finished ties with was, cle, jax, and tampa with 5 wins. we are behind indy, minn, and stl with 3 or less wins. so we'd pick at best 4th and at worst 8th? I think it'd be closer to 8th since our strength of schedule must be pretty strong since we play pats and jets 2x and the other teams play in weaker divisions.

it may be better for indy to win, and lose the top spot, since we'd be more likely to trade into #1 if stl is #1

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: December 24, 2011 07:57PM

St.Louis lost to Pitt today and play S.F in the last game, St.Louis could end up with the first pick if Indy wins their last game at Jacksonville which is sort of possible now.

If both St.Louis and Indy finish the season at 2 wins anyone know how the first pick is determined? and who would get it if that scenario played out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2011 07:58PM by razorghost.

Date: December 24, 2011 08:00PM

indy gets it if they lose next week. they win the tie breaker which is opponents strenght of schedule

Date: December 25, 2011 07:46AM

I'll be at the Jets game, sorry I just can't root for the Sum bitches.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 25, 2011 07:35PM

So, what if Indy wins again and St. Louis drafts Luck as the #1 pick....just to shake things up? You know, it COULD happen!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 26, 2011 04:11AM

Likely the Rams will trade their pick for a boatload of picks because they have found out that a franchise QB alone will not give you instant success.

Date: December 26, 2011 05:02AM

we are currently #8. Even if we lose and all of the other 5 win teams lose and the 4 win teams win, due to strength of sched I doubt we'd be able to move up past 6 or 7. maybe the best thing for us would be to have the colts win and rams lose, so that we could have a willing trading partner to get andrew luck. That my friends will be PAINFUL trade. Not sure if we're ready as fans to sit out the next 3 or 4 first rounds in the coming years, which is what it could take (plus maybe a player or other picks). yikes.

Date: December 26, 2011 08:38AM

here is the draft order as of today. we've got tie breakers only with CLE, KC, and TB. So we need to root for CLE and TB to win, and us to lose, if we are to move up in the draft. If we lose, and CLE and WAS win, I think we pick ahead of both of them, which is HUGE for getting a QB. I doubt CLE beats PIT and WAS beats PHI, but stranger things have happened. Of course we'll beat the jets so this all is moot, and it will be right tackle city once again in the draft.

1. Colts 2-13 (.552)
2. Rams 2-13 (.571)
3. Minnesota 3-12 (.565)
4. Cleveland 4-11 (.516)
5. Jacksonville 4-11 (.529)
6. Tampa Bay 4-11 (.545)
7. Washington 5-10 (.476)
8. Miami 5-10 (.511)
9. Carolina 6-9 (.482)
10. Buffalo 6-9 (.498)
11. Kansas City 6-9 (.516)
12. Arizona 7-8 (.476)
13. Philadelphia 7-8 (.500)
14. Seattle 7-8 (.509)
15. San Diego 7-8 (.516)
16. Chicago 7-8 (.556)
17. Tennessee 8-7 (.453)
18. Dallas 8-7 (.467)
19. New York Jets 8-7 (.502)
20. Oakland 8-7 (.507)

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 26, 2011 01:22PM

Luck all by himself simply isn't worth the price. If he was there when we pick certainly, if all we had to do was move up one or two or maybe three positions then yes as well. But to move up from seven or eight to one, and lose three first round picks as well as a second and third, which is what some are guessing the price to be would set the entire team back.

Luck, no matter how good he may turn out to be. Can't do it all by himself.

IMHO Griffin is a much more reasonable target...and moving up to get him may be too expensive as well.

I think at this point, unless a lot of dominoes fall just right for us next week...the best options for us are to look at Foles or Tannehill at our pick or to trade down for the same guys, or to look at other positions of need and go with what we have, Moore, Henne (or a F/A, or Trade aquisition) and Devlin.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 26, 2011 02:36PM

Well, let's be real. Indy ain't trading out the right to pick Luck for anything. Having had Peyton all this time, they above all else know what the value of having a great QB is.

I would pick RG III if we could get him without a trade.

If he is gone, then we can't force a square peg into a round hole. I don't think that any other QB is worth a top 8 pick. Maybe Landry Jones but I think not. We then should look to the rest of our team and draft another QB in later rounds.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:17AM

carolina will beat NO when the frogs grow hair.....Unless NO rests their starters.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:47AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> carolina will beat NO when the frogs grow
> hair.....Unless NO rests their starters.

Then we all better invest in amphibian Rogaine, because this WILL happen sometime in the next few seasons.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.